G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my Retro Lady Jaye today from Walmart (I think it was called Rocket), sent Fed EX in a plastic bag, and yeah the card is damaged.
The problem is the cardboard and not really the bag it was sent in. The card is very thin, I have boxes of frozen food with thicker cardboard. Even if you were to find them on pegs in stores you're likely to find the card damaged.
The other 3 Retro figures are on their way to me, each sent separately for some reason.

Mindbender is up on Pulse UK for premium members only. I’m not playing that game, I’ll wait and if I get him eventually then great. I’m not paying for the privilege of buying something.

Retro Baroness & Destro both arrived today (appropriate) From Walmart. Baroness was in a plastic bag tightly bound around the card and that card was destroyed. Destro was in a padded plastic envelope and was in better condition but still has a damaged card.
Those damn cards are on such flimsy cardstock, Hasbro is squarely to blame. Super 7 uses thicker cardstock on their smaller Reaction figures for comparison, these needed cardstock at least as thick as those.
The only one of these I was planning on opening was Gung-Ho who should be delivered tomorrow and might actually be less damaged than the first 3 Retro figures.

My retro Destro and retro Gung Ho arrived yesterday. Gung Ho was in a bag and card was completely smashed, but it doesn't matter much since I was opening him anyway. Destro was shipped in one of the original boxes and arrived fine.

Yeah, my Retro Cardback Gung-Ho was received this weekend and the card was bent pretty bad. Love the figure though. Takes me back about 39 years.
I just got notice that my Retro Destro and Baroness will be shipped soon from Hasbro Pulse. I’m keeping Destro MOC so hopefully, the cards will be in better shape.
I guess the only Retro figure with a card in great shape will be the CC from the HISS HasLab. I can’t imagine packaging screwing that up, but who knows?

Yeah, my Retro Cardback Gung-Ho was received this weekend and the card was bent pretty bad. Love the figure though. Takes me back about 39 years.
I just got notice that my Retro Destro and Baroness will be shipped soon from Hasbro Pulse. I’m keeping Destro MOC so hopefully, the cards will be in better shape.
I guess the only Retro figure with a card in great shape will be the CC from the HISS HasLab. I can’t imagine packaging screwing that up, but who knows?
what is Hasbro doing with the card material..so cheaply made ..even the original 3/4 card backs were made of a better material

Big Ben & Range Viper have been announced for Classified.
I had both as a kid, they're okay characters but not my favorites.

what is Hasbro doing with the card material..so cheaply made ..even the original 3/4 card backs were made of a better material
I'm not sure. The Marvel Legends Retro Cardbacks apparently have double thick cardboard backs. It's a shame this line is getting only 9 figures with such flimsy cards, which defeats the purpose of having a cardback.

For those of you collecting these retro cardbacks, I would recommend getting them through Hasbro Pulse if you can. As I said earlier, my Gung Ho came from Walmart with the card bent pretty bad. It was a figure I was going to open anyway, but still. It still wasn't near as bad as some of the horrific pictures I've seen on social media with worse bent cardbacks and severely damaged plastic bubbles. I just received Destro and the Baroness (practicing their clarinets...look it up, it's worth it!) from HP today and they were both in a box and the cardbacks and plastic bubbles were all fine. The only complaint I have is that Destro's necklace is stuck in a weird position, since I'm keeping him MOC. Baroness came out really "prettier" than pictures I've seen. I feel weird saying prettier though haha. I actually gave her the glasses from my movie Baroness (like the look better) and gave my movie Baroness the helmet from the Cobra Coil package.

I have Zartan and Storm Shadow on order from HP and I hope to do the same thing with Snake Eyes V1 and Crimson Guard .
1. Destro 1 to keep on the card
2. Baroness 1 to open
3. Gung Ho 1 to open
4. Lady Jaye .... skip!
5. Zartan 1 to keep on the card
6. Storm Shadow 1 to open
7. Crimson Guard 1 to open and will totally be my Crimson Guard officer with an unhelmeted blonde headsculpt
8. Snake Eyes 1 to open and 1 to keep on the card
9. Cobra Commander 1 to keep on the card

Attachments

• IMG_1227.jpg
    IMG_1227.jpg
    969.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1237.jpg
    IMG_1237.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1239.jpg
    IMG_1239.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1230.jpg
    IMG_1230.jpg
    457.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1242.jpg
    IMG_1242.jpg
    636.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1245.jpg
    IMG_1245.jpg
    675.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
For those of you collecting these retro cardbacks, I would recommend getting them through Hasbro Pulse if you can.
Apparently it's a crap shoot either way.

Someone else made a post showing the condition of the two figures he ordered from Hasbro Pulse:

IMG-20220812-172319-990.webp

IMG-20220812-172320-015.webp

What a disaster all around.

Apparently it's a crap shoot either way.

Someone else made a post showing the condition of the two figures he ordered from Hasbro Pulse:

IMG-20220812-172319-990.webp

IMG-20220812-172320-015.webp

What a disaster all around.
Wow! That is pretty horrible! They could have packed my HP better, but I’m thankful it wasn’t bad.
Stronger cardbacks could have prevented a lot of this mess.

Picturesssss.....
View attachment 570017
View attachment 570018
That's an Action Force blast effect, fit's perfectly in the barrel.
I also noticed that the arm wasn't completely forward into the socket of the gun after looking at the pic.
I REALLY wanted that heavy machine gun for the BAT. However, since I have one for the Alley Viper, I opted for the rotating arm launcher. Admittedly, not as cool as the "Stubby", I think it's still pretty awesome.
I also picked up the Retro Roadblock "Ma deuce" set. It's completely badass and works perfectly with the Heavy Artillery Roadblock. I wasn't a big fan of the "taped" backpacks, so I was happy to find out this set has a peg to fit in RB's back. A high recommend for anyone who wants to pay a little to upgrade their Roadblock. I know GridIron Props tends to be pricey, but I think they're excellent products that enhance my collection.

http://www.gridironprops.com/store/p236/BAT_LAUNCHER.htmlhttp://www.gridironprops.com/store/p111/Combat_M2_Ma_Deuce_toy_Weapon_Gun_model_GIJOE_112.html

Attachments

• IMG_1255.jpg
    IMG_1255.jpg
    839.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1257.jpg
    IMG_1257.jpg
    522.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1259.jpg
    IMG_1259.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1260.jpg
    IMG_1260.jpg
  • IMG_1261.jpg
    IMG_1261.jpg
Last edited:
is it really easy for the American collectors to get these?
like can you just walk into a Store and pick off the shelf?or is it just better to order online?
Australia hasn't passed wave 1 STILL,and any subsequent wave has to be ordered via online Etailers.
Popcultcha has a lot up for PO,but it's taking forever.
cheers for any info.

is it really easy for the American collectors to get these?
like can you just walk into a Store and pick off the shelf?or is it just better to order online?
Australia hasn't passed wave 1 STILL,and any subsequent wave has to be ordered via online Etailers.
Popcultcha has a lot up for PO,but it's taking forever.
cheers for any info.
Kind of easy, yes. Although I see a lot of the same figures over and over again. I try to avoid Wal-Mart like the plague but last time I was in there, the selection was better than TARGET. We're better off preordering online. In the last 3 months I've received: Spirit, Cobra Officer, Classic Storm Shadow, and I got an email yesterday that Crimson Guard is on the way.

Kind of easy, yes. Although I see a lot of the same figures over and over again. I try to avoid Wal-Mart like the plague but last time I was in there, the selection was better than TARGET. We're better off preordering online. In the last 3 months I've received: Spirit, Cobra Officer, Classic Storm Shadow, and I got an email yesterday that Crimson Guard is on the way.
thankyou ❤

Cashed in my latest BBTS Pile of Loot on some Crimson Guards. I'm going to try and snag a Retro Cardback CG to make him an officer and try to score a 3rd party head to play the part of Fred. The actual figure is pretty solid, but the best troop builder so far, in my opinion, is still the BAT.

Attachments

• IMG_1304.jpg
    IMG_1304.jpg
    921.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1307.jpg
    IMG_1307.jpg
    653.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1309.jpg
    IMG_1309.jpg
    868.7 KB · Views: 0
Back