G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That exclusive Zartan looks great! Kicking myself for missing out. I was hoping they'd make more available later like they did on the last convention excl. but, apparently what they had was it and it won't be available again.

This is pretty much how he’ll be on my shelf, I love the skull mask.

View attachment 543243
Lucky!
That exclusive Zartan looks great! Kicking myself for missing out. I was hoping they'd make more available later like they did on the last convention excl. but, apparently what they had was it and it won't be available again.
Same here. I was going through checkout minutes after 5 and by the time I entered my CC info it read sold out. Have also had zero luck on Breaker as my stores just do not stock Joe, ever.

What a turnaround on the joe front. Hasbro's killing it with these reveals. It's too bad they got the stock situation mostly figured out with exclusives and whatnot, but covid shipping delays have kind of screwed them over. Gotta get me a bunch of those amazing BATs

Quick 85 Snake Eyes custom I did today. Can’t wait for storm shadow now. Was going to do this when I got my exclusive Zartan but I remembered I had this custom head that I actually like better. So repainted head and some of the straps.

Attachments

• 574F3687-40FB-48C5-AD5D-FD11B9044271.jpeg
    574F3687-40FB-48C5-AD5D-FD11B9044271.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 2473E328-AD4E-44CE-A07C-03181D197781.jpeg
    2473E328-AD4E-44CE-A07C-03181D197781.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 59
  • 50C5EC5C-0BAE-495C-BFDB-978DB45D4FA2.jpeg
    50C5EC5C-0BAE-495C-BFDB-978DB45D4FA2.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 61
Quick 85 Snake Eyes custom I did today. Can’t wait for storm shadow now. Was going to do this when I got my exclusive Zartan but I remembered I had this custom head that I actually like better. So repainted head and some of the straps.
That looks great. Much prefer that head than the armored style look of the stock.

I got my Barbecue this weekend and he's as good as advertised. I'm really impressed with the wide array of weapons and accessories he comes with.
I'd like to display him without his helmet, any good recommendations outside the line that would pass for Mr. Gabriel Kelly?

Also, I've updated my GIJOE command team, complete for 2021. I think I'm gonna need another shelf for next year.

Attachments

• IMG_0909.jpg
    IMG_0909.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0908.jpg
    IMG_0908.jpg
    804.5 KB · Views: 52
I got my Barbecue this weekend and he's as good as advertised. I'm really impressed with the wide array of weapons and accessories he comes with.
I'd like to display him without his helmet, any good recommendations outside the line that would pass for Mr. Gabriel Kelly?

Also, I've updated my GIJOE command team, complete for 2021. I think I'm gonna need another shelf for next year.
I also got my Barbecue this weekend as well as Snake Eyes & Timber. Beware the hip joints on Barbecue, I posed Snake Eyes and found the hips are very stiff and feel like they might break, so I was especially cautious when I next moved Barbecue and immediately saw stress marks in the hip joints! I really hate these detent hip joints they have on these guys, puts too much stress on the thin plastic.

So I looked into a lube for articulated action figures, most use a Silicon lubricant for RC Cars called Shock Oil, preferably 20wt, or you can go up to 35wt (the higher the number the more viscosity). Most buy the Traxxas brand which is over priced because it's sold out on Amazon at the moment. I just ordered Team Losi Racing or TLR 20wt for $6. It's just silicone and all I need is a little slickness for the plastic so I hope it does the trick!

Still, Hasbro really needs to redesign the hip joints on these figures!

I also got my Barbecue this weekend as well as Snake Eyes & Timber. Beware the hip joints on Barbecue, I posed Snake Eyes and found the hips are very stiff and feel like they might break, so I was especially cautious when I next moved Barbecue and immediately saw stress marks in the hip joints! I really hate these detent hip joints they have on these guys, puts too much stress on the thin plastic.

So I looked into a lube for articulated action figures, most use a Silicon lubricant for RC Cars called Shock Oil, preferably 20wt, or you can go up to 35wt (the higher the number the more viscosity). Most buy the Traxxas brand which is over priced because it's sold out on Amazon at the moment. I just ordered Team Losi Racing or TLR 20wt for $6. It's just silicone and all I need is a little slickness for the plastic so I hope it does the trick!

Still, Hasbro really needs to redesign the hip joints on these figures!
Yeah, those drop down hips do these things no favors. All that movement on tiny, thin pegs is a recipe for disaster

How in the F#### are people showing in hand pics of B.A.T.s and Alley Viper ..what was the release date for these …Storm Shadow says Dec :dunno

anyway, my BBQ arrived from Target today

How in the F#### are people showing in hand pics of B.A.T.s and Alley Viper ..what was the release date for these …Storm Shadow says Dec :dunno

anyway, my BBQ arrived from Target today
They Preordered them on Walmart.com under the code names Satellite for Alley Viper and Apollo for BAT not knowing what they were getting:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/GIJ-CS-F...did=&affiliates_ad_id=565706&campaign_id=9383
https://www.walmart.com/ip/GIJ-CS-F...did=&affiliates_ad_id=565706&campaign_id=9383

Well, I tried to gently move Barbecue and that hip joint just stressed way too much, bought a replacement from Target today, I won't be touching it until I get my shock oil.

Got my shock oil and heated up the hips to start them moving, then added shock oil to the joint after they dried. The hips started to move a bit better as I cautiously moved them, but I see a small stress mark develop!
I'm going to contact Hasbro about this, from what I read online, I'm not the only person having this exact issue.

Since I was a kid, Zartan has always been my 3rd favorite GIJOE villain, right behind Destro and Cobra Commander. I think Hasbro set the benchmark earlier this year with the release of Zartan in Classified. It was my absolute favorite figure in the line so far.
I made a personal decision earlier this year to just focus on the Classified collection (and to give Valaverse and Mezco a shot, and only getting the Super 7 ultimate BAT), when it always boils down to 2 things as a collector of anything: money and space.

I really wanted the Master of Disguise Deluxe Zartan, so I took a chance and became a Hasbro Pulse Premium Member the day before Pulse Con 2021. I was lucky enough to be able to pick one up. I did not want to have to pay that $50 price point, but figured it was the only chance I had to get one of these without having to pay those second market prices. I also pre-ordered the Cobra Officer, Storm Shadow, Spirit, Croc Master, Tiger Force Outback, Python Patrol BAT and PP Viper through Hasbro Pulse, which including Zartan, has saved me close to $70 in shipping. I do plan on letting the membership lapse next year, unless I feel the membership price is worth it, I just think it's too early to tell at this point.
Needless to say, this Deluxe Zartan is my new #1 figure. I did the color change gimmick once for pictures, I doubt I'll do it again. I just love the amount of accessories this dude comes with.

I cannot wait to see what Zarana is going to look like in Classified and I'm excited to see more Dreadnoks join the line in the coming months and years.
I also made use of an extra Zartan and Duke figures for the display. Timber just for fun, not display.

Attachments

• IMG_0924.jpg
    IMG_0924.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0927.jpg
    IMG_0927.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0928.jpg
    IMG_0928.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0930.jpg
    IMG_0930.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0926.jpg
    IMG_0926.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0934.jpg
    IMG_0934.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Got my shock oil and heated up the hips to start them moving, then added shock oil to the joint after they dried. The hips started to move a bit better as I cautiously moved them, but I see a small stress mark develop!
I'm going to contact Hasbro about this, from what I read online, I'm not the only person having this exact issue.
That sucks. The last Viper and Firefly I got through Target has the "jimmy legs" but they're ok for the display. I guess I lucked out with BBQ. Hope Hasbro can help you out somehow.

That silicone shock oil seems to be doing the trick. I've been moving my second BBQ and the stress mark hasn't gotten worse and used it on my Commando SE and on Timber who both have stiff joints, they move freely now.

Back