G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I initially couldn't get Zartan on Saturday, as I had to go through two bot-checks in a row, which was awkward on my phone. It was then listed as out of stock. But checked again a few minutes later for the hell of it, and was able to purchase it. Strange, but Zartan is one of my top two favorite all time Joe characters, so very glad that happened.

If Hasbro likes to do anything, it's re-releasing existing sculpts with new repaints. So, I would bank on a regular, Norris-esque version of Outback at some point.

Anyone know if the scarf-type piece around Storm Shadow will be removable? That's the only thing that really keeps it from being a classic-ish figure for my collection. Knowing Hasbro, even if it is, the neck will be too long a la Firefly.

I'm thinking it's glued on....even with the shots where the show him with the hood up, the "hood down" piece is still there. Look awkward as hell.

Oh, huh - good research, thanks. Curious if they'll ever release a regular Outback.
I’d say it’s a safe bet, they’d be silly not to considering it’ll just take a repaint and a release to the main line. They’ve gotta offset the cost of all the new sculpting somehow.

I had to look up who this is, guy seems like a total *******; at least make cool toys if you’re going to be attempting to come from a position of superiority.

Honestly, he can keep Sarge. I just want Mercer, Taurus and Red Dog.

I didn't want to come in here trashing the guy, but just for anyone that's curious - Bobby Vala has his own 6-inch military line that he's creating to compete with GI Joe, and he is an ex-Hasbro employee who worked on the former 3 3/4 line years ago who does have experience with designing the toys. However, he's solely in charge of his own figures, and he takes zero impute from "customers" or veteran toy collectors/manufactuers when it comes to what they'd like to see or see happen. And his bad attitude really hit hard, because Bobby was basically begging people on Kickstarter and CrowdOx to get this line funded, and once it did, he exposed himself and kinda how much of a **** he is. He has ZERO PR skills and turned off a good quarter of us early supporters with just the way he would talk about us, his line of figures, other companies lines of figures (who aren't in the 6-inch military game, even), and, frankly, he just attacks people he doesn't agree with on a personal level. The guys at Toy Galaxy were early supporters who he even sent prototype figures to to build hype and review, until something unrelated to the toys happened on their own personal account and Bobby trashed them to the point that TG just outright ignored him and this line. They won't even talk about him or what happened if you ask them... but Bobby will =/

His line has been delayed again and again, and people can't even have light hearted jokes before Bobby actually goes the distance to serve them cease and desist notices, and it's all just a sad and pathetic experience. What's sadder is he got Sgt Slaughter to sign on with him and these toys. But those toys (to me) look bad, and Bobby's already price gouging his "customers" by releasing Sgt in variants with very little variety to them.

Again, I don't mean to trash the guy. But he started following me around in GI Joe forums to talk down at me after I had washed my hands of him and his line. But for anyone that's curious, these are just my warnings about him and how he's attacking the Joe 6-inch line with his own products that he's claiming will replace the "No Joe" line because they suck so much *shrugs*

I doubt he has truley exclusive rights to Slaughter. Mattel just released one in their WWE line for SDCC and will have a mainline release next year too. Whatever deal he has with him might prevent Hasbro from touching him for a while but I imagine they’ll get to him eventually, even if he’s a convention exclusives like the last couple have been. Seems like they have to deal with WWE to a certain extent as the character of Slaughter is kind of shared between them when it comes to GI Joe versions of him.

That's strange, because the Sgt. Slaughter character existed before he went to the WWE (in the NWA). And I know the dispute over the GI Joe toy is what contributed to Slaughter leaving WWF in the mid-80s, as Slaughter developed a deal with Hasbro while McMahon was negotiating with LJN. But I think Slaughter still works for WWE, so he might have eventually sold or otherwise shared that IP with them.

I believe Slaughter outright owns his own name and IP, which is actually why you don't see much product released for him. Vince is notoriously stingey when it comes to licensing stuff he doesn't own (music, wrestler names, belt designs), which is why he always create original names and barely ever uses real music for his wrestlers. And unless he signs those desperate older wrestlers to a "legends contract," he isn't gonna make toys for wrestlers by sharing their licenses. And since Hasbro had been on a Joe dry spell for so many years, they weren't about to make a Slaughter figure - especially if they'd also have to contract out Slaughter and pay him to make the figure.

And when Slaughter showed up to bobby's Vala panel, there was no mention of WWE and no visual of their presence on anything Slaughter was showing off.

I initially couldn't get Zartan on Saturday, as I had to go through two bot-checks in a row, which was awkward on my phone. It was then listed as out of stock. But checked again a few minutes later for the hell of it, and was able to purchase it. Strange, but Zartan is one of my top two favorite all time Joe characters, so very glad that happened.

If Hasbro likes to do anything, it's re-releasing existing sculpts with new repaints. So, I would bank on a regular, Norris-esque version of Outback at some point.

Anyone know if the scarf-type piece around Storm Shadow will be removable? That's the only thing that really keeps it from being a classic-ish figure for my collection. Knowing Hasbro, even if it is, the neck will be too long a la Firefly.
If you want true classic remember that Super 7 is doing 6-inch cartoon Joes.

Looks like the Cobra Officer is officially the secret figure in the Spirit and Storm Shadow wave. Looks great!
Source: Toy News International
https://toynewsi.com/278-40586

Attachments

• BED48FD9-5117-4EEE-AFD7-0474D5F1B6CC.jpeg
    BED48FD9-5117-4EEE-AFD7-0474D5F1B6CC.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 39
That Alley Viper must have come along after I moved on from getting GI Joe as a kid in the 80's. Of all the other characters they changed to modernized standards, what is the appeal of this orange/blue motif? Cool trooper, bad color scheme. Boise State!

Life is good JoeBros. The Officer is going up on Pulse and the usual suspects at 8PM EST tonight, definitely going to grab some extras for troop building. Loving the more classic but modernized stylings.

Looks like the Cobra Officer is officially the secret figure in the Spirit and Storm Shadow wave. Looks great!
Source: Toy News International
https://toynewsi.com/278-40586
Thanks for the heads up, I just bagged two! Definitely need a couple of Alley Vipers too.

Special Edition Zartan, Barbecue and Breaker arrived this week - I can’t get enough of this line! Great stuff.

image.jpgimage.jpg

The rest of my collection are still packed after a house move. Just need some new shelves in the man cave and they’ll all be together again.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up, I just bagged two! Definitely need a couple of Alley Vipers too.

Special Edition Zultan, Barbecue and Breaker arrived this week - I can’t get enough of this line! Great stuff.

View attachment 543237View attachment 543238

The rest of my collection are still packed after a house move. Just need some new shelves in the man cave and they’ll all be together again.
How'd you get that Zartan so soon? Premium Pulse Member?

Back