G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I got tired of searching eBay for a reasonable deal on a loose Baroness and no luck. So I decided to get the Origins movie version, did a little paint and swapped the head for the MCU Sif. Turned out great I think. Considering a Cobra logo for her chest.

20210929_134350(1).jpg
20210929_135431_HDR(1).jpg
20210929_135845_HDR(1).jpg

My Convention Exclusive SGT. Slaughter arrived today, thought some here might be interested in how this scales with Classified. I also discovered that the UE heads swap perfectly with the Classified figures and look a little more proportional. So I included a pic of the UE head on the Gung-Ho body, unfortunately the skin tones do not match.

WWE Ultimate Sgt Slaughter with GI Joe Classified 001.jpg

WWE Ultimate Sgt Slaughter HEAD SWAP with GI Joe Classified 001.jpg

Overall, the UE SGT. Slaughter turned out a lot better in hand than how it appeared in the early review pics. Both heads are painted perfectly, the proportions look a little better in hand, still very long legs vs. a short upper & lower torso appearance but I'm okay with it. A hell of a lot better than other WWE Elite or Ultimate figures. I can maybe fix that issue with some cloth pants from the Target exclusive Legends Billy Gunn figure if I ever find one. Slaughter did come with bowed legs and a hat that was warped from the packaging. Fixed the legs as you can see but the hat still needs some work. I've also never been a fan of Mattel's sunglasses but they're acceptable.
It's Sgt Slaughter so I couldn't pass this up! I'm still kicking myself for missing the Convention Excl. Mr. T though (willing to buy one if it's priced not too much). I have the Action Force Sgt. Slaughter on preorder so I'll post comparison pics when I receive mine probably in November.

My Convention Exclusive SGT. Slaughter arrived today, thought some here might be interested in how this scales with Classified. I also discovered that the UE heads swap perfectly with the Classified figures and look a little more proportional. So I included a pic of the UE head on the Gung-Ho body, unfortunately the skin tones do not match.

View attachment 540027
View attachment 540028

Overall, the UE SGT. Slaughter turned out a lot better in hand than how it appeared in the early review pics. Both heads are painted perfectly, the proportions look a little better in hand, still very long legs vs. a short upper & lower torso appearance but I'm okay with it. A hell of a lot better than other WWE Elite or Ultimate figures. I can maybe fix that issue with some cloth pants from the Target exclusive Legends Billy Gunn figure if I ever find one. Slaughter did come with bowed legs and a hat that was warped from the packaging. Fixed the legs as you can see but the hat still needs some work. I've also never been a fan of Mattel's sunglasses but they're acceptable.
It's Sgt Slaughter so I couldn't pass this up! I'm still kicking myself for missing the Convention Excl. Mr. T though (willing to buy one if it's priced not too much). I have the Action Force Sgt. Slaughter on preorder so I'll post comparison pics when I receive mine probably in November.
First off, congratulations on picking up that Sarge. I heard he was quite difficult to acquire.
Yes, he's quite larger than the other Classified figures but if you "single him out" on display, I think you could pull it off. Something like him standing tall around some fallen Cobra Troopers or Vipers.

I plan to do the same thing with the Super 7 Ultimate BAT, most likely putting him on a stand/pedestal/table so it will look more comparable with the other figures.

39 years ago, I picked up my very first G.I.JOE action figure, Breaker at a TG&Y in Claycomo, Missouri. Several weeks later,I acquired my first ever Joe vehicle, the RAM Cycle.
There are clearly better made figures in the Classified line so far, but this is my nostalgic Holy Grail.
I picked one up in store earlier this week and immediately cancelled my 2nd order online. The other online pre-order arrived today and I'm pleased and relieved to announce that they're both pretty excellent products.
Once I get the movie Scarlett, the Wave 1 Scarlett will take permanent place on the RAM, while the movie Scarlett replaces her in my Joe Command scene.

Attachments

• IMG_0880.jpg
    IMG_0880.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0882.jpg
    IMG_0882.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0883.jpg
    IMG_0883.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0885.jpg
    IMG_0885.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0896.jpg
    IMG_0896.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0897.jpg
    IMG_0897.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 57
Not only did I get my Breaker and RAM set today, but also the communications pack I ordered for Breaker from:
http://www.gridironprops.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html
I think it's a quality set, and though it is priced a bit high, I believe you get a lot out of it. I can't comment on the 2 sided tape you have to place on the figure, because I won't have him wearing it for display.

I don't think I'll order any other sets that they have right now, but I'm not going to rule them out for future orders. It is fine craftsmanship.

Today was a good day.

Attachments

• IMG_0886.jpg
    IMG_0886.jpg
    704.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0887.jpg
    IMG_0887.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0888.jpg
    IMG_0888.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0889.jpg
    IMG_0889.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0891.jpg
    IMG_0891.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0894.jpg
    IMG_0894.jpg
    535 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0895.jpg
    IMG_0895.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
So I got tired of searching eBay for a reasonable deal on a loose Baroness and no luck. So I decided to get the Origins movie version, did a little paint and swapped the head for the MCU Sif. Turned out great I think. Considering a Cobra logo for her chest.

View attachment 540019View attachment 540020View attachment 540021
I'm liking the Sif head on Baroness a lot more than the movie version, perhaps even more than the CI version.
I hope you saw my PM earlier yesterday.

First off, congratulations on picking up that Sarge. I heard he was quite difficult to acquire.
Yes, he's quite larger than the other Classified figures but if you "single him out" on display, I think you could pull it off. Something like him standing tall around some fallen Cobra Troopers or Vipers.

I plan to do the same thing with the Super 7 Ultimate BAT, most likely putting him on a stand/pedestal/table so it will look more comparable with the other figures.
Thanks, Wasn't as hard as getting a old school SW Sideshow excusive but I managed to grab one.
After fixing the shape of his hat he's now on display behind the large group of Joes on display, fits right in. Also if the Action Force neck pegs are compatible with the Classified heads, the Elite head might just fit on that Slaughter as perfectly it fits on Gung-Ho. The sneering head is the same as the one on the Elite 89 figure. Not sure how the Action Force drill Sgt. hat will fit on there, but it's an option.

I also got my Ram Cycle with Breaker from Fed EX today, as well as picking up a second at Target! :lol
Not sure if I'll keep the second one, but I really like Green shirts and if I can find a different head that'll fit on there, I'll fill in the ranks.

Last edited:
That Breaker set looks real sharp. I finally got in my Flint, Lady Jaye and the Snake Eyes movie SE, SS, Scarlett and Baroness.

Today was a good day indeed. Really love this line of figures - I want to snag an extra Zartan and Bludd for customs because they are just that damn nice.

Got a chance to open and play around with my recent Joes, and man, does this line continue to impress. Every figure I’ve gotten just feels high quality, with great sculpting and paint work.

I collected 1/6 stuff for so long, and that became so boring - particularly on the military end of things. I’ve come full circle back to 5-10 year old Stront where I’m buying Joes, Star Wars, TMNT/Playmates stuff, the Super7 Ultimates, Marvel Legends....it’s all so much fun again.

Life is good. Life is really good.

Boy howdy, that's the truth there. Just rolled into Target at 4:30 and saw nothing on shelf. Took a look at the end display and about 8 sitting there. No more exclusive problems.
Nice! I’ll have to swing by mine and have a look, though I’d be surprised to see anything. I’m about to buy a red polo shirt and go into the warehouse Solid Snake style and find them myself.

Boy howdy, that's the truth there. Just rolled into Target at 4:30 and saw nothing on shelf. Took a look at the end display and about 8 sitting there. No more exclusive problems.
I just found out that these are listed now for $20! They'll be that price until Tuesday, I'm gonna call or chat to see if I can get the discount priced matched to my orders.

Back