G.I. Joe: Classified 6" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Heavy Artillery Roadblock arrived today.
Looks great, only nitpicks are that the face paint detail is a little greyed out, the helmet fits too close to his head, as if there's no padding underneath, and the barrels of the minigun are slightly warped and have a lot of flashing, the gun also needs some paint. Otherwise, the best version of Roadblock yet.
View attachment 534434
View attachment 534435

Received mine - two gripes:

1. Where is the chain belt of rounds? The weapon is anatomically incorrect!
2. Hasbro obviously didn't want to glorify modern weapons with the Classified Series with the other figures - yet they provide the most deadly one of all with this one(?)

The removeable drum on the bottom of the minigun is supposed to be the magazine.
Yeah, even the backpack in Predator emptied in 25 seconds on a lower powered minigun but it at least looked more plausible, last thing you want to do is weigh the weapon down even more with a drum of ammo attached to it.
Got to get a 3D printed ma duce like the one Joe gave to his Roadblock.

The removeable drum on the bottom of the minigun is supposed to be the magazine.
Yeah, even the backpack in Predator emptied in 25 seconds on a lower powered minigun but it at least looked more plausible, last thing you want to do is weigh the weapon down even more with a drum of ammo attached to it.
Got to get a 3D printed ma duce like the one Joe gave to his Roadblock.
Ehh....I thought that was the motor that drives the rotation of the barrels but, okay.

I picked up my second Beachhead, the eyes on this one are lighter and slightly brown, my original Beachhead has darker eyes that look kinda blue. It seems the Brown eyed version is the regular.
I also found a Lady Jaye on the peg with two CC. I picked her up as well. The joints in the elbows and hips are much improved on the first Lady Jaye, I don't feel like the joints will break on this new one. Now I need another Flint and I'm done with the duplicates. Beach will stay in his box until I can find a new vest to replace the stock one.

There are indeed blue eyes and brown eyes Beachhead. No idea why it I just say one is Zartan in disguise. That’s my go-to for any of these running changes or errors.

Has anyone had Target charge in advance for preorders and then the take the charge off a couple of times and then charge it again every single week until the order ships out :pfft:

why do they keep doing this

Updated display...

Attachments

• IMG_0814.jpg
    IMG_0814.jpg
    799.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0816.jpg
    IMG_0816.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0817.jpg
    IMG_0817.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0811.jpg
    IMG_0811.jpg
    897.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0810.jpg
    IMG_0810.jpg
    970 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0809.jpg
    IMG_0809.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 102
Got board a couple weeks back and decided to clean the flashing and repaint Roadblock's guns as well as reheat and bend the barrels straight. Just a black wash in varying degrees over the majority of them to get rid of the plastic look and to bring out the detail and, painted the barrels and hand grip black. The green of the hand grip areas are left in the original OD green plastic color. I also painted the magazine in the handgun black but that's not shown. I like them a whole lot more but still no Ma Duce.
GI Joe Classified Roadblock Gun Repaint 001.jpg

GI Joe Classified Roadblock Gun Repaint 002.jpg

Last edited:
Nic
Has anyone ordered accessories from Grid Iron Studios?
http://www.gridironprops.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.htmlI'm extremely tempted to pick up that communications pack for my upcoming Breaker.
These are costly, I just wonder if they're worth the price.
Nice find! They look really well done. I'm very tempted to get the .50 set. After the pounding I got last week from all my delayed Amazon Pre-Orders showing up all at once, I'll have to wait before I place an order.

Costly is right! I feel like they Mezco Weapons pack had a little more value (content) for the price.

I have the Weapons Packs Alpha and Bravo coming from ValaVerse hopefully later this year, but I wanted something specific for Breaker.
Nice find! They look really well done. I'm very tempted to get the .50 set. After the pounding I got last week from all my delayed Amazon Pre-Orders showing up all at once, I'll have to wait before I place an order.

That .50 set is extraordinary! I'm happy with the one I have, but if I didn't have it, this would be tempting.

Here's their YouTube page so you can get a better idea of how they look: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCNv1DtIWc0jkUUWT1JFR0Q

Last edited:
I watched their videos and read the comments on them. Most people are very happy with their orders but don't say anything specific. The knives, backpacks, and possibly holsters come with double sided tape for applying to the figures. One account of the Grey AR being brittle and the suppressor breaking off the barrel, but not much else. I also read their Facebook page comments, nothing mentioned there. They also have an Instagram here: Login • Instagram
Will have to look at their Instagram later, I'm done reading for now.

But yeah these are really expensive, rifles and handguns w/ holsters priced the same as 1/6 scale loose weapons. Their weapon and pack sets are priced nearly the same as two Classified figures. Also they're 3D printed so expect them to be delicate. You won't have the same issues with the plastic Action Force guns.
I'll wait to find out more before ordering, Best offerings are the Radio and Radio Packs (with flexible cables) and the .50 set up for Roadblock. It's possible something like that could be made by AF or someone else in the future, but Gridiron Studios is the only one with them printed and painted, available to buy at the moment.

I watched their videos and read the comments on them. Most people are very happy with their orders but don't say anything specific. The knives, backpacks, and possibly holsters come with double sided tape for applying to the figures. One account of the Grey AR being brittle and the suppressor breaking off the barrel, but not much else. I also read their Facebook page comments, nothing mentioned there. They also have an Instagram here: Login • Instagram
Will have to look at their Instagram later, I'm done reading for now.

But yeah these are really expensive, rifles and handguns w/ holsters priced the same as 1/6 scale loose weapons. Their weapon and pack sets are priced nearly the same as two Classified figures. Also they're 3D printed so expect them to be delicate. You won't have the same issues with the plastic Action Force guns.
I'll wait to find out more before ordering, Best offerings are the Radio and Radio Packs (with flexible cables) and the .50 set up for Roadblock. It's possible something like that could be made by AF or someone else in the future, but Gridiron Studios is the only one with them printed and painted, available to buy at the moment.
I appreciate all of the research on that. Yeah, I'm definitely going to think it over about picking up that communications pack for Breaker. It's the only thing I'm interested in, and since I wouldn't fidget with it that much to set up for display, I'm leaning towards a purchase. If I do get it, I'll let you all know how it is.

I picked up a Cobra Air Trooper helmet and a Cobra jump pack from ETSY. Mark2Design shipped both for $32 total. I think it's pretty cool!

Attachments

• IMG_0864.jpg
    IMG_0864.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0867.jpg
    IMG_0867.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0866.jpg
    IMG_0866.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0865.jpg
    IMG_0865.jpg