Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav Promises Company Will “Not Put A Movie Out Unless We Believe In It”, Confirms 'The Flash' Still Slated For Release

36C36609-A791-4826-ADAE-B7B55BD00E56.jpeg

Kind of a clickbait headline. Supergirl from the Flash movie was getting a solo movie.

Wow. Cancel batgirl but leave in crazy ass Ezra’s movie because that’s definitely going to bring in the money.

Wow. Cancel batgirl but leave in crazy ass Ezra’s movie because that’s definitely going to bring in the money.
I love the way he plays The Flash. I don’t let the media or any nonsense sway my view of him.

Ezra Miller is not boring, that's for sure.

People forgive a lot ( not saying they always should....) when you are never boring.

Grant Gustin bored the living crap out of me.

Miller is also LGBT, so in modern times, he has a type of immunity from the mainstream media. Fair or not, it's just how it works.

Brittney Griner beat up her pregnant wife and then threw them out of the house. They were married for 28 days. Then had to be be dragged into court to pay child support. But Griner is LGBT so the mainstream media and sports media just pretended it never happened.

Can you imagine the media firestorm if Ben Affleck went on one of his benders and beat the crap out of Jennifer Garner when she was pregnant?

I thought Miller did a great job in even the reduced version of Justice League. The expanded Snyder version was much better still in terms of performance.

But apparently the guy has some kind of mental health situation. Of course you can't really say that too loud, because you'll be called a bigot for doing that.

So for anyone who has spent lots of time with "artistic types", well I hate to stereotype, but the ranges of personalities of folks that do things like performance art, there's always a lot of drama and misery abound.

So I think this goes beyond Identity Politics Blanket Immunity and partly into an industry that is desensitized to psychotic behavior. Think about all the carnage that a big studio like Warner Brothers had to cover up over the years. The people they had to bribe or extort or blackmail or outright kill to defend the "brand" at all costs.

The lesson appears to be "Always Be Valuable" no matter what. It goes beyond the movie business too. When you consider day to day life and see how people treat others who are perceived to not to be able to do something for them directly, it's very brutal.

Ezra Miller is not boring, that's for sure.

People forgive a lot ( not saying they always should....) when you are never boring.

Grant Gustin bored the living crap out of me.

Miller is also LGBT, so in modern times, he has a type of immunity from the mainstream media. Fair or not, it's just how it works.

Brittney Griner beat up her pregnant wife and then threw them out of the house. They were married for 28 days. Then had to be be dragged into court to pay child support. But Griner is LGBT so the mainstream media and sports media just pretended it never happened.

Can you imagine the media firestorm if Ben Affleck went on one of his benders and beat the crap out of Jennifer Garner when she was pregnant?

I thought Miller did a great job in even the reduced version of Justice League. The expanded Snyder version was much better still in terms of performance.

But apparently the guy has some kind of mental health situation. Of course you can't really say that too loud, because you'll be called a bigot for doing that.

So for anyone who has spent lots of time with "artistic types", well I hate to stereotype, but the ranges of personalities of folks that do things like performance art, there's always a lot of drama and misery abound.

So I think this goes beyond Identity Politics Blanket Immunity and partly into an industry that is desensitized to psychotic behavior. Think about all the carnage that a big studio like Warner Brothers had to cover up over the years. The people they had to bribe or extort or blackmail or outright kill to defend the "brand" at all costs.

The lesson appears to be "Always Be Valuable" no matter what. It goes beyond the movie business too. When you consider day to day life and see how people treat others who are perceived to not to be able to do something for them directly, it's very brutal.
No he really has no immunity from anyone. Nobody is advocating for him. At all. He’s also a known pedo right now and that’s a no no for many people. LGBT doesn’t make you invunerable either and having a mental health condition is no excuse for acting out. He probably has dirt on someone or can black mail someone. Lots of gay and mentally I’ll people in Hollywood have been called out.

No he really has no immunity from anyone. Nobody is advocating for him. At all. He’s also a known pedo right now and that’s a no no for many people. LGBT doesn’t make you invunerable either and having a mental health condition is no excuse for acting out. He probably has dirt on someone or can black mail someone. Lots of gay and mentally I’ll people in Hollywood have been called out.
Yeah, they’re walking on Kevin Spacey territory lately. There’s “eccentric” and then there’s going after underage kids, getting them drugged up, and going on the run. That doesn’t even factor in the Hawaii reign of terror, or strangling the girl in Iceland.

Last edited:
Reportedly the first two acts of the Flash are very good. And Ezra Miller is reportedly excellent in it. Now being reported that they're going to reshoot the ending so that it matches the Snyder films' continuity. And I would think it will have to find a way of Barry (and Supergirl?) going back in time to prevent Zod from killing baby Kal El. Because WBD wants Cavill's Superman back in the saddle.

I think come or hell high water this film is going to release. They have to do the reshoots before Ezra ends up behind bars though.

Anyway, I'm hoping that the decision to follow the MCU playbook is just in basic structure, and obviously not beat for beat. I think they'll stick to a more mythic, operatic style with more gravitas. Like these are our modern day Greek gods, etc.

My prediction: Like the MCU, there will be interconnecting plots and arcs. But the DCEU won't be as cookie cutter by comparison. Overall story, style, tone will for the most part be "darker" than MCU. There will however also be diversity of style, such as Gunn's comedic take, and Shazam's family friendly tone.

Black Adam will be totally MCU-like in tone, and the tonal center of the universe.

When Snyder returns in a few years he will continue doing what he does best, i.e., imparting a mythic and titanic feel to superheroes. His five film saga was always headed toward resolution through a celebration of fantastic comic book conventions. So we will be treated to an all out extravaganza of superhero powers on full display with the grand finale.

Last edited:
Reportedly the first two acts of the Flash are very good. And Ezra Miller is reportedly excellent in it. Now being reported that they're going to reshoot the ending so that it matches the Snyder films' continuity. And I would think it will have to find a way of Barry (and Supergirl?) going back in time to prevent Zod from killing baby Kal El. Because WBD wants Cavill's Superman back in the saddle.

I think come or hell high water this film is going to release. They have to do the reshoots before Ezra ends up behind bars though.

Anyway, I'm hoping that the decision to follow the MCU playbook is just in basic structure, and obviously not beat for beat. I think they'll stick to a more mythic, operatic style with more gravitas. Like these are our modern day Greek gods, etc.

My prediction: Like the MCU, there will be interconnecting plots and arcs. But the DCEU won't be as cookie cutter by comparison. Overall story, style, tone will for the most part be "darker" than MCU. There will however also be diversity of style, such as Gunn's comedic take, and Shazam's family friendly tone.

Black Adam will be totally MCU-like in tone, and the tonal center of the universe.

When Snyder returns in a few years he will continue doing what he does best, i.e., imparting a mythic and titanic feel to superheroes. His five film saga was always headed toward resolution through a celebration of fantastic comic book conventions. So we will be treated to an all out extravaganza of superhero powers on full display with the grand finale.
You have a lot of faith in a company that definitely doesn’t seem like they want to cater to any fanbase or anybody but themselves. I appreciate your optimism but I doubt that will happen even if Snyder came back I doubt they’ll let him finish his vision

If they cancel thst then they will truly lose every fan they have . And it’s literally hanging by a thread right now
So far, the only movie they’ve officially greenlit is Joker 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back