Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't get over WB having running tv shows with heroes that should be exclusive to the big screen. It just muddles the characters and gives them the opportunity to outdo the movie iteration. You are just losing money on the movie side, which has a much bigger budget. They clearly went for every penny they could get.
That’s why I saw the flash show was a complete waste of time. Why make a flash show when he’s better suited for film. Idiots

Imagine being one of the clowns at WB, looking at this scene, and go; No **** this, Flash needs to be quippy and fun like the MCU.
The fact Zack and Ezra managed to make this scene heartfelt, sincere and epic (with the help of JunkieXL's score) without making it cheesy as hell just shows their talent.

Seeing Flash go god mode would have been crazy to see in the cinemas, with the mini big bangs he is making with every step he takes...

For the sake of fairness, Muschietti said a major part of Affleck coming back to film Flash was that the role was not a huge commitment. By all accounts Batfleck's part in the movie is small (but impactful). I'm not sure how much of the footage of him in ZSJL was new, but I don't think it was very extensive either (it was basically what, the Knightmare at the end and the conversation with Manhunter?) Again, not a major commitment.

That is a far cry from the role he'd have in the two Justice League sequels or a solo Batman movie (or ya know that HBO Max series the scoopers swore was totally happening!) In fact, given Affleck has now confirmed Flash is a send off, that sounds more like Harrison Ford agreeing to finally do another Star Wars movie so long as they promised to kill off Han Solo than it does Affleck secretly having a desire to keep playing Batman.

I'm not saying Ben wants to keep on playing Batman. I'm just saying that if Zack gets the chance to complete the saga and he asked Ben to finish the arc, I think Ben would do it for Zack.

I would imagine it would be one more film where as Zack has always described, Batman dies at the end saving Lois/killing Darkseid. Darkseid still manages to zap Batman with his mega beams as Batman shoots Darkseid with the radion bullet a la Final Crisis. Haha, and yes it's a big **** you to the comic book purists by having Batman use a gun, but it's right from the comics, so... That would be at the end of JL2, and as Zack has said, Lois is pregnant and Clark and Lois name the baby Bruce.

JL3 we've seen concept artwork for, e.g., of a great battle set in Bay of Sydney. IIRC it was to be a great world war with the Apokoliptians returning to avenge Darkseid. Amazons, Atlanteans, Thangarians, Lanterns, the Justice League (less Batman... maybe Carrie Kelly now has the mantle of the Bat) pull out all the stops to save the planet. And Superman is the 'completed arc Superman' Henry always wanted to play.

Anyway, my guess if that if all this came to pass Zack would only ask one last waltz of Ben, I think. One more go in the suit.

Batman from the upcoming Batgirl film

4fwW3vj.jpg
zOuIylx.jpg

For the sake of fairness, Muschietti said a major part of Affleck coming back to film Flash was that the role was not a huge commitment. By all accounts Batfleck's part in the movie is small (but impactful). I'm not sure how much of the footage of him in ZSJL was new, but I don't think it was very extensive either (it was basically what, the Knightmare at the end and the conversation with Manhunter?) Again, not a major commitment.

That is a far cry from the role he'd have in the two Justice League sequels or a solo Batman movie (or ya know that HBO Max series the scoopers swore was totally happening!) In fact, given Affleck has now confirmed Flash is a send off, that sounds more like Harrison Ford agreeing to finally do another Star Wars movie so long as they promised to kill off Han Solo than it does Affleck secretly having a desire to keep playing Batman.

It's a good point you've made, but you can't discredit reviews and praise. If his roles are praised and well received in a small capacity that is enough to make anyone rethink their position on a role.

He definitely was in a very horrible place when shooting these, and the films themselves bombing did no favours, so any small capacity that is able to really shine could easily sway things. Here's hoping, because I absolutely loved his world-weary, cracks showing portrayal being brought back to the light via Supermans Hope and Humanity, and Superman himself becoming the actual character and finding his assuredness and place in the world with Batman's help.

I can understand why people were turned off by this, but it's something we hadn't seen before and thematically is really great. How well it was pulled off is debatable, but for me I enjoyed it.

They should capitalise on this and get a few solo films out to show the solidification of unity the two brought each other along with the team, give a bit of the more expected takes from the characters and then they're able to go down the path of JL2 and really hammer home the power of Superman as a villainous pawn to Darkseid and have earned it.

Last edited:
I think from the very beginning DCEU tried to not copy MCU on style, approach and storytelling. The result is a total mixed bag of movies. The connections to the larger universe is all scattered and tonally uneven. MCU didn’t really nailed it right out of the gate either. Whedon essentially cemented the MCU formula in The Avengers. So for DCEU to do a soft reboot via The Flash is entirely plausible and it actually might work with Keaton back as Batman. Just look at how NWH is doing in BO. Properly handled nostalgia can actually work when the writers respect the material. If it actually makes sense, I think everyone can fall behind this soft reboot rumored. Now whether WB can pull it off is a different matter. Matrix4 did not give me any good vibes for sure!

It's a good point you've made, but you can't discredit reviews and praise. If his roles are praised and well received in a small capacity that is enough to make anyone rethink their position on a role.
Hey, as I said, stranger things have happened. But right now I'm unconvinced and see no reason to doubt him at his word when eh says
Batman from the upcoming Batgirl film

4fwW3vj.jpg
zOuIylx.jpg
And Robin

PRI217977038.jpg

If they're seriously undoing the idea that Dick Grayson was the dead Robin, that's already a W in my book. Never liked that idea one bit. Bleh.

Respectfully, I recall people saying the exact same thing about the release of ZSJL early this year, and it didn't seem to change his mind any. As I said earlier, hey, if I'm wrong and it turns out JL2 and 3 are in the cards and Ben is ready and raring to go to film 'em, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. But right now nothing I'm seeing tells me it's the case, and in fact, seems to be indicating the opposite. We won't know until the aftermath of the merger, but I've already stated why I'm skeptical that it'll be the magic bullet some of the fans are hoping for.

Want to know when the next 'The Flash' movie is going to be made?
-
-
-
When DCEU needs another reboot.

Respectfully, I recall people saying the exact same thing about the release of ZSJL early this year, and it didn't seem to change his mind any. As I said earlier, hey, if I'm wrong and it turns out JL2 and 3 are in the cards and Ben is ready and raring to go to film 'em, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. But right now nothing I'm seeing tells me it's the case, and in fact, seems to be indicating the opposite. We won't know until the aftermath of the merger, but I've already stated why I'm skeptical that it'll be the magic bullet some of the fans are hoping for.

No worries, not trying to prove anyone right or wrong, ultimately we don't know. I do think come what may, that there's potential for him to remain in the role in whatever capacity, as he has done with Flash and ZSJL since the last time he said he was done with the role. I hope he does, but no problems if not.

I'm happy we got ZSJL in the end, and for me it's a nice farewell to what we had. I don't begrudge the studio too much for crapping it up, although I completely disagree with it. At the same time I've gotten to see my favourite film in Joker and what sure it to topple it in the Batman. Would these films have happened if all went originally to plan? I don't think so, so I'm grateful for that.

Besides, if anything, we've been shown that decades and years from original films characters are making returns, anything is possible until it isn't. #InternetPhilosophy.

New Batgirl costume has been revealed, and I for one think it looks awesome. I know a lot of people were hoping for a black and gold version, but I'm really loving the Burnside inspired look, as well as the clear homage to the Yvonne Craig Batgirl. Plus it's a nice change from all the other black batsuits we've seen on screen.

Also keeping in mind that this is supposed to be a Year One outfit anyway.

FJG6kZAXoAEFyRAf.jpg

I think she looks great! It’s obviously her homemade suit. Plus, it’s already been said that once she starts working with Keaton, he’ll upgrade her suit similar to Tony Stark upgrading Spider-Man’s suit

Failing to understand the criticism of her suit. For a year one look its awesome and comic accurate. Love the cowl and Red hair.

She's not a billionaire like Bruce Wayne. No one had an issue with Tom Holland's home made Spider-Man suit. As things progress her suits will likely get more sophisticated until closer resembling the Arkham games.

Don't get it either. It's straight off the comics and obviously going to be the sort of thing in-story she could make herself at home on a budget.

Failing to understand the criticism of her suit. For a year one look its awesome and comic accurate. Love the cowl and Red hair.

She's not a billionaire like Bruce Wayne. No one had an issue with Tom Holland's home made Spider-Man suit. As things progress her suits will likely get more sophisticated until closer resembling the Arkham games.
Plus it looks like something you'd actually want to wear while riding around on a motorcycle, which I assume she'll be doing a lot of in this movie.

That’s what I was going to say RE: Tom Holland’s home made suit. The double standard for Marvel vs DC will never cease.

Suits always get trashed on first appearance. Even Battinson did. Just easier to pile on DC at this point. Looks fine and it is in dark lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back