Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, please enlighten me.
Creating a universe takes time and passion. Stories built up. Not thrown together and half assed. I think the laziest thing I’ve ever seen is Wonder Woman seeing the jl via security camera footage. Lol what a poor attempt at introducing characters.
Maybe watch the mcu again buddy . Hell watch the Godzilla vs Kong monster verse. They built a better universe in three movies 😂

Slither and Super are great!

I actually like several Snyder films, and while I think he’s the equivalent of that angsty teenager of the 90s who thought Superman was lame and Rorschach was cool, he was at least competent and had a gift for cinematography and music choices. But his editing and storytelling chops are dire. With the right partners and material, they can offset his deficiencies. 300 is a perfect fit for him - stylish, indulgent, and simple.

But I’d watch Gunn’s Scooby-Doo movies long before I suffer another rewatch of SuckerPunch.
O right he did make the scooby soo films. Those films are amazing. Gunn wins!

Gunn changed his mind. He's bringing what the people really want to see.
FB_IMG_1675218009575.jpg

Creating a universe takes time and passion. Stories built up. Not thrown together and half assed. I think the laziest thing I’ve ever seen is Wonder Woman seeing the jl via security camera footage. Lol what a poor attempt at introducing characters.
Maybe watch the mcu again buddy . Hell watch the Godzilla vs Kong monster verse. They built a better universe in three movies 😂

I get you don't like the Snyder movies but to try and pretend that they didn't world-build is farcical.

I get you don't like the Snyder movies but to try and pretend that they didn't world-build is farcical.
I just laugh that they did such a shoddy job world-building that their biggest film this year is all about nuking the majority of that world from orbit.

Hmmm Justice League vs Space Jam has me intrigued.

Batfleck beating up Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck then scoring a 3 pointer? Well, I say, well sign me up.

I'm surprised Ray Fisher hasn't cried about this yet
Hmmm Justice League vs Space Jam has me intrigued.

Batfleck beating up Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck then scoring a 3 pointer? Well, I say, well sign me up.
Just don't tell Bugs that he could defeat Batfleck with a single word. Or maybe a song.

Lol em I wrong tho. 😂. They tried to world build but couldn’t quite grasp it. It’s why we are in the situation we are in now

There are MANY REASONS we’re in the situation we’re in now. And unfortunately, I don’t think Gunn is going to be the savior people presume.

I’ve already seen Wonder Woman 69. Is this a remake?

What's kind of bizarre is that Patty Jenkins had an entire wealth of "source material" available.

This is going from old memory, but

12 Labors - She loses her powers and has to do "trials" to test her resolve and competence.

Gorgon - She has to fight Medusa

Either of those would have been far more interesting than WW84, which pitted her against a SNL refugee ( who also helped to tank the Ghostbusters reboot) and a caricature figure meant to be Jenkin's personal shot at current day events/ideology.

I'm just not sure how they screwed this all up ( well it was Jenkins) Chris Evans is a pretty mediocre actor ( but a passable movie star) and he made it work as a "man out of time" narrative for Captain America. I'm not sure why a woman out of time was so hard to pull off for Jenkins. That's a pretty standard writing trope.

People want to see a spectacle and have fun. They don't want to go to a film to be shamed for loving the things that they love. If I wanted non stop shaming, I'd just go visit my buddy in Colorado and spend some time with his mother-in-law. ( She'd be a great marketing angle for cattle prods. I.E. even if you are not a dairy farmer and even if you've only seen two episodes of Yellowstone, if you meet this lady, you'll instantly want to buy a cattle prod to defend yourself. When the Grim Reaper ends up having to go after her, I'm pretty sure he'll just take one glance at the situation and just walk away and say "F#### this job, I'm going to go get some crepes now" )

What was I talking about again? Oh right, Patty Jenkins had a golden cow and managed to squeeze out exactly zero milk. I'm not sure how that happens.

For the record, the cattle prod I own is not the largest commercially available one. Also I only use it for S'mores. So no one here needs to get all judgy about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back