Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The batmobile chase scene…? I’d be shocked if people on the highway escaped unscathed after all of the explosions. The aftermath seemed to really bother Bruce. :lol
There can be innocent bystanders, Batman can't save everyone. The one who killed those people, if anyone died was Penguen. Pattinson Batman is not a murderer.

Last edited:
There can be innocent bystanders, Batman can't save everyone. The one who killed those people, if anyone died was Penguen. Pattinson Batman is not a murderer.

I’m not even trying to be a smart ass but your response is hilarious! So instead of taking any responsibility imagine him saying “innocent bystanders don’t count.” Lmfao! I didn’t know that was part of his no kill “code.” That makes things very convenient for when he accidentally explodes people in a freeway chase. :lol

Personally I'm so glad I don't have baggage like that "no kill idea" in my head which instantly ruins anyones interpretation of Batman or Superman for that matter.

Sure I get where it's coming from, but why let it make you hate entire movies just because of that one thing ? Be a bit more flexible. It's only entertainment.

Now I guess I'll get the full history treatment of Batman and why. But OK. I still find ignorance to be bliss sometimes.

I’m not even trying to be a smart ass but your response is hilarious! So instead of taking any responsibility imagine him saying “innocent bystanders don’t count.” Lmfao! I didn’t know that was part of his no kill “code.” That makes things very convenient for when he accidentally explodes people in a freeway chase. :lol
Batman doesn't explode anyone, Penguen is the one who starts the explotions. You just love Zack Snyder's murderer Batman so much. Just can't deal with a Batman who has no kill code. You look for even eccidents with ambigious results in the Film to just to be able to say ''see see that Batman is murderer a as well''

And if you are so smart have you ever thought about why Joker is still alive in Snyder Batman world ? or Black Mask ? Affleck Batman kills left and right and he doesn't carry a gun... lol or most of or probably all of his rouges gallery is alive. They are just like the Matt Reeves film car chase explotions, they are there because the general audiance like them. They don't really think deep when they are making these films.

Last edited:
Personally I'm so glad I don't have baggage like that "no kill idea" in my head which instantly ruins anyones interpretation of Batman or Superman for that matter.

Sure I get where it's coming from, but why let it make you hate entire movies just because of that one thing ? Be a bit more flexible. It's only entertainment.

Now I guess I'll get the full history treatment of Batman and why. But OK. I still find ignorance to be bliss sometimes.
That is how I feel about it, I just don't like the hypocrisy, especially when Batfleck was written as a fallen character in need of redemption.

Batman doesn't explode anyone, Penguen is the one who starts the explotions. You just love Zack Snyder's murderer Batman so much. Just can't deal with a Batman who has no kill code. You look for even eccidents with ambigious results in the Film to just to be able to say ''see see that Batman is murderer a as well''

And if you are so smart have you ever thought about why Joker is still alive in Snyder Batman world ? or Black Mask ? Affleck Batman kills left and right and he doesn't carry a gun... lol or most of or probably all of his rouges gallery is alive. They are just like the Matt Reeves film car chase explotions, they are there because the general audiance like them. They don't really think deep when they are making these films.

He leaves Selina in a gunfight to go and rev his car which for some reason makes the Penguin get in his car. During the chase when it's all crashing and exploding Batman fires up his jet engine about plough through the civilians and luckily a ramp drops in his way. Did he outright murder them? I wouldn't say so. Was he complicit in their possible deaths? Absolutely.

Batfleck has only just started branding people at the start of BvS. He has gotten more brutal and has no regard for people that get in his way trying to save the world. Joker wasn't in BvS and didn't get in his way, same for Black Mask. As far as we know the only people to possibly die at his hand are the goons that attempt to kill him, in BvS.

He leaves Selina in a gunfight to go and rev his car which for some reason makes the Penguin get in his car. During the chase when it's all crashing and exploding Batman fires up his jet engine about plough through the civilians and luckily a ramp drops in his way. Did he outright murder them? I wouldn't say so. Was he complicit in their possible deaths? Absolutely.

Batfleck has only just started branding people at the start of BvS. He has gotten more brutal and has no regard for people that get in his way trying to save the world. Joker wasn't in BvS and didn't get in his way, same for Black Mask. As far as we know the only people to possibly die at his hand are the goons that attempt to kill him, in BvS.
Batfleck is a seasoned Batman who encountered Joker and Black Mask and all of his rogues gallery probably 100 times by the time of Batman v Superman. Joker even killed his Robin and Batman left both Joker and Black Mask alive. What are you talking about ? and i said they didn't think deep when they were making these films... what answer do you want more ?

Last edited:
Batfleck is seasoned Batman who encountered Joker and Black Mask and all of his rogues gallery probably 100 times by the time of Batman v Superman. Joker even killed his Robin and Batman left both Joker and Black Mask alive. What are you talking about ? and i said they didn't think deep when they were making these films... what answer do you want more ?

Yes, he will have encountered them BEFORE the Black Zero event at the end of Man of Steel.
Between the end of Man of Steel and the beginning of Batman v Superman is when he became more brutal, as per Alfred's line "NEW Rules" and the guy Clark speaks to "there's a NEW kind of mean in him, he's angry and he's hunting."
There are plenty of instances in the movie that speaks to the fact that Batman has gotten more brutal recently and how Superman has shattered his beautiful lie.
Joker killed Robin roughly ten years before, that is when Batman destroyed Joker's teeth, hence the metal grill. The Black Zero event changed him further and made him more brutal. You can think that deep thought wasn't put into it I just think you are missing the information that isn't isn't spoon-fed to the audience.

I’m not sure what you’re even trying to say here. Batman chose to pursue penguin the way that he did, regardless of the consequences. He inadvertently caused the deaths of those people. Just about every on screen iteration of Batman has killed besides maybe Clooney, it’s stupid to say otherwise. Especially to criticize one particular Batman for doing it, and not the others. I personally have never cared about the “no-kill” rule. It’s extremely unrealistic given the insane amount of situations Batman would have to deal with. Just in hand to hand combat alone he would’ve accidentally murdered or paralyzed hundreds of guys. :lol

That is how I feel about it, I just don't like the hypocrisy, especially when Batfleck was written as a fallen character in need of redemption.
He just seemed like a crazy psycho who brands people. I understand if Batman just kills like by accident cause it can’t be helped but he basically was insane and looked like he enjoyed killing. Really weird

I’m not sure what you’re even trying to say here. Batman chose to pursue penguin the way that he did, regardless of the consequences. He inadvertently caused the deaths of those people. Just about every on screen iteration of Batman has killed besides maybe Clooney, it’s stupid to say otherwise. Especially to criticize one particular Batman for doing it, and not the others. I personally have never cared about the “no-kill” rule. It’s extremely unrealistic given the insane amount of situations Batman would have to deal with. Just in hand to hand combat alone he would’ve accidentally murdered or paralyzed hundreds of guys. :lol
Batman definitely will leave you with a long term brain injury. I don’t have a problem with him killing but it’s just how it’s done sometimes. Even bale who was so hung up on his no kill rule killed people

He just seemed like a crazy psycho who brands people. I understand if Batman just kills like by accident cause it can’t be helped but he basically was insane and looked like he enjoyed killing. Really weird
Where is this in the movie? From what I saw he looked completely unmoved by any of it as if he had bigger things on his mind.

Last edited:

I don’t recall him looking like he enjoyed it. Batman by definition is a “crazy psycho” though lol. Guy that dresses up like a Bat to take down criminals has to have some problems :lol

Where is this in the movie? From what I saw he looked completely moved by any of it as if he had bigger things on his mind.
Idk the branding of people was odd to me. Kinda sick

I don’t recall him looking like he enjoyed it. Batman by definition is a “crazy psycho” though lol. Guy that dresses up like a Bat to take down criminals has to have some problems :lol
He’s crazy but he always had a set of “rules” that stopped him from going joker crazy .

It is stupid to think a person can deal with insane amount of stuation to begin with... So just continue to be stupid and add the no kill rule.

The unhinged way Battinson fights he could easily kill almost anyone, no? Not intentionally perhaps, but he’s kind of a maniac when he fights.

Broader point:

If Batman was real… and yes, I know, I know, it’s fantasy but if there isn’t some sense of “this could be real” it’s just pure silliness… he’d regularly end up taking lives of people that are trying to kill him just in self-defense.

Imo that’s basically what Snyder ran with in BvS. In BvS Batman had been doing his thing for 20 years and due to Gotham’s corruption (“criminals are like weeds,” bat-branding of the most heinous offenders serving as a death sentence in prison) and Joker killing Robin (Bruce evidently carries guilt about it as we see when he glowers at the Batsuit in BvS and from his conversation with Joker in ZSJL) he’d come to feel numb about it. He evidently wasn’t particularly troubled if someone that’s trying to kill him gets killed as he defends himself. That sense of emptiness and loss of purpose in BvS is rather like the existential crisis of midlife retired Batman in Frank Miller’s TDKR.

But nevertheless this is indeed a “fall” from his original noble ideals about what it means to be Batman, and to fight crime that way. He’s “fallen.” That sets up a redemption arc. And no, for what Snyder was doing with an elseworld five film saga, personally I did not need to see it developed with solo films. If others want that, nothing I can do about it. But I didn‘t need to see that done first.

Last edited:
Per David Zaslav, James Gunn and Peter Safran are “close” to finishing the DCU 10 year plan “bible.”

“We have an awful lot to do, and an awful lot to undo… We're painting a mural on the side of a building, and all kinds of stuff is falling off. It looks messy, and it is messy. It's really hard and it's really challenging...

There‘s not going to be four Batmans... The strategy that (Bob) Igor (of Disney’s MCU) put together was all Marvels in one place. You don’t wake up and find out that there’s a Batman TV show somewhere and a Batman cartoon somewhere else, they all have to relate to each other.”

Aquaman is “being fixed” by Peter Safran, referring to reshoots to Lost Kingdom. Rumored to be something of a quippy buddy cop film with Arthur and brother Orm.

https://news.yahoo.com/david-zaslav-warner-bros-discovery-painting-a-mural-221035148.html
https://www.indiewire.com/2022/11/david-zaslav-james-gunn-dc-studios-batman-superman-1234782421/

Last edited:
The unhinged way Battinson fights he could easily kill almost anyone, no? Not intentionally perhaps, but he’s kind of a maniac when he fights.

Broader point:

If Batman was real… and yes, I know, I know, it’s fantasy but if there isn’t some sense of “this could be real” it’s just pure silliness… he’d regularly end up taking lives of people that are trying to kill him just in self-defense.

Imo that’s basically what Snyder ran with in BvS. In BvS Batman had been doing his thing for 20 years and due to Gotham’s corruption (“criminals are like weeds,” bat-branding of the most heinous offenders serving as a death sentence in prison) and Joker killing Robin (Bruce evidently carries guilt about it as we see when he glowers at the Batsuit in BvS and from his conversation with Joker in ZSJL) he’d come to feel numb about it. He evidently wasn’t particularly troubled if someone that’s trying to kill him gets killed as he defends himself. That sense of emptiness and loss of purpose in BvS is rather like the existential crisis of midlife retired Batman in Frank Miller’s TDKR.

But nevertheless this is indeed a “fall” from his original noble ideals about what it means to be Batman, and to fight crime that way. He’s “fallen.” That sets up a redemption arc. And no, for what Snyder was doing with an elseworld five film saga, personally I did not need to see it developed with solo films. If others want that, nothing I can do about it. But I didn‘t need to see that done first.
I'm with you there, however if they want to capitalise on Batman money-wise in the short term and lead up to a more connected Darkseid event in something like 8-10 years where Batman finally sacrifices himself, then I'm OK with telling the near term Batman backstory with Deathstroke, Joker, Robin and Harley in the meantime.

It also brings more stakes to what Joker says in the knightmare scene and eventually to Batflecks death I guess.

But who knows, maybe they won't go that way at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back