Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rock’s ego so big his passion project is really an Egypt set spin-off of a more successful franchise in which he tries to make a badass anti-hero out of an established villain and doesn’t even pretend to not just be The Rock. We’ve come full circle, boys.

I believe not making Black Adam a R Rated Film is a missed opportunty. I was so excited when i heard that WB separeted Black Adam from Shazam. I was like here comes the R Rated film, other wise why seperate Black Adam From Shazam... Right ? lol I hope the film won't bomb, but it is not Black Adam at his full potential without a R Rating... I believe Black Adam would be as successful as Deadpool with a R Rating. Oh well...

E1057DBA-8553-457C-91A7-28ABFA3178D0.jpeg

The Rock has reached a critical mass for over saturation for me.

Even if I was entertained by him before. Seeing him appear in so many damn samey feeling popcorn films of him wearing khaki has been enough.

That said I'm intrigued by rumors of Cavill reappearing here and seeing what Brosnan's Dr.Fate is like.

I'm not so sure I want DCEU to continue with the Rock as some sort of weird anti-hero centerpiece though.

Going to see it- think it might be better than doubters make it out to be. It WILL need a couple blockbuster cameos to get buzz and people to take notice...

This Cavill thing has to be once and for sure cleared up- if he isn't in this I really will lose hope it'll happen at all

Hope they make a decent Superman film if he’s back. Please no zod or crappy jittery Lex Luther.

I think Cavill is back for more than just cameos, and we’re going to get confirmation after BA opens, i.e., solo Superman films and Superman in JL films. David Zaslav said this is what he wanted right out of the gate, it was in the first trade article after the merger completed.

Similar to what I suspect was a publicity stunt of inserting Josstice League footage into the Black Adam trailer, so that the Rock would tweet “corrected” after they changed it to ZSJL, my guess is that the Williams score is also being used as a publicity stunt to “show” that the fans are being listened to, heard, and respected.

If fans speak out against the Williams’ theme being used—or rather simply express that they want the Zimmer score—I am sure WBD will change it to Zimmer’s.

Jay Oliva (Snyder’s storyboard artist) has said that early in development of MoS Zack inquired about using the William’s theme, and it wasn’t available for whatever reason. But this is what Zack Snyder actually had to say about it:

It’s crystal clear that Snyder never intended to use the Williams theme. He’s saying that whereas William’s theme expresses the “glory” of Superman having godlike superpowers, Zimmer’s more tender mood captures Superman’s humility. Like once he realizes he has this power what is he going to do with it? And he’s incredibly humble about it.

Henry Cavill’s Superman is a more thoughtful approach that reflects our real world much more closely than the classical Donner/Reeves version based on the Golden and Silver Age comics, and the 1950s TV show. This theme should be maintained also to honor the arc that the character is on and will continue to be on as he evolves.

If you‘re on Twitter get on there and express yourself if you want for the Zimmer theme to be used instead of William’s.

As for the suit, personally I’m fine with blue/red/yellow in brighter tones. If/when Snyder ever returns to make JL 2 and 3 he can always put Superman in the black suit again to maintain consistency with what’s shown in in ZSJL. That’s not a big deal. Snyder explained that he put him in the black suit to for Superman try to get in touch with his Kryptonian heritage and relationship with his family. Presumably he bonded with Jor El’s AI and learned much about his ancestry and Kryptonian history on the scout ship. Snyder typically wants us to us connect those kind of dots.

Last edited:
Zimmer did what I thought was impossible - compose a theme for Superman that is as independently listenable and as exciting as the John Williams theme. That said I see people on twitter ***tting on the Williams theme and that pisses me off and makes me hope they use the Williams theme to spite those idiots.

Oh, come on man. You know Williams Theme can be listened independently as well. I have it on my iphone for years now and listen it time to time. :)

Last edited:
Here’s one imagining of what the Williams score versus Zimmer score in Black Adam might look like:

Zimmer did what I thought was impossible - compose a theme for Superman that is as independently listenable and as exciting as the John Williams theme. That said I see people on twitter ***tting on the Williams theme and that pisses me off and makes me hope they use the Williams theme to spite those idiots.
I only see people ***thing on the use of the theme. Not the theme itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back