Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how the Snydercut added some story elements to the Knightmare world, while simultaneously keeping it vague enough to let the audience think for themselves.

Is it an alternative future? Another universe? Is it a nightmare?

Bring on the Flash, extremely excited and hopefully we get a bonkers Batman sequence, not whatever Pattinson Batman is. (Although I like the Catwoman and Batman interactions)

482AF75C-3A53-4190-B792-7CB22FF086C9_1_201_a.jpeg

Pattinson Batman was no more Batman than affleck was. They both had positives and faults. More so batfleck imo but I won’t derail the thread. Felt the only good thing about batfleck was his suit

When are we due to get the “10 Year Plan” announced??? The suspense is legit killing me!

I like how the Snydercut added some story elements to the Knightmare world, while simultaneously keeping it vague enough to let the audience think for themselves.

Is it an alternative future? Another universe? Is it a nightmare?

Bring on the Flash, extremely excited and hopefully we get a bonkers Batman sequence, not whatever Pattinson Batman is. (Although I like the Catwoman and Batman interactions)

View attachment 594851
I enjoyed The Batman, but I’m tired of the gritty and realistic take on the character. I don’t want to see a Batman and Robin style campfest, but I do want to see the more fantastical side of the Batman world, the sort of tone the Arkham games handled really well.

I enjoyed The Batman, but I’m tired of the gritty and realistic take on the character. I don’t want to see a Batman and Robin style campfest, but I do want to see the more fantastical side of the Batman world, the sort of tone the Arkham games handled really well.
Yup. It’s ok to have this. WB needs to stop making Batman “realistic” . The idea was cool at first but now it’s grown tired

Well wasn’t Arkham gritty and realistic?

Snyderverse is exactly that fantastical you are yearning for I mean Snyder legit gave us the first cinematic Arkham style combat in that warehouse scene I mean it was literally called Arkham style combat by the stunt team lol

Well wasn’t Arkham gritty and realistic?

Snyderverse is exactly that fantastical you are yearning for I mean Snyder legit gave us the first cinematic Arkham style combat in that warehouse scene I mean it was literally called Arkham style combat by the stunt team lol
Yeah see I don’t find the Arkham games realistic at all. Gritty sure but not grounded like Nolan or Reeves take on the character. The action and violence is over the top and the villains are crazy looking freaks and monsters. I couldn’t see Man Bat, Mr Freeze or Killer Croc running about Nolan or Reeves Bat films. Batfleck is much more in line with the Batman I want to see and I’d be more than happy to see him continue. Not that Snyders Batman is without things I don’t like, ie dead Dick Grayson. My dream Bat film is Under the Red Hood, so I’d love that to get retconned to be Jason and Grayson is out there as Nightwing.

Last edited:
In Snyder’s planned five film arc there was going to be a kind of pendulum swing back and forth between realistic and fantastical. We saw it with MoS, BvS, and ZSJL. MoS was grounded to get the ball rolling with all the deconstruction elements. BvS went hard with deconstruction to pose the question of whether superheroes existing in our real world would actually be a good thing. (Answer is very mixed as in real life, but overall: yes, there’s good reason to be hopeful about it because of the noblest virtues that superheroes represent. This btw is opposite the conclusion Alan Moore made with Watchmen. Watchmen is Snyder’s main inspiration for deconstruction.) In BvS the superheroes are struggling with real world, real life problems. But in ZSJL we see a “reconstruction“ of genre conventions going on with a return to, and an embrace, of fantastical superhero tropes. The JL is battling an extraterrestrial otherworldly threat with powers that are for all practical purposes “magical.” (Although Arthur C. Clark famously said that technology can become so advanced that it’s indistinguishable from “magic” to those that lack understanding of it.) In JL 2 we remain in a highly fantastical space of ETs decimating earth after an invasion; but the real world deconstructionist problem of superheroes potentially becoming evil gets its full expression with Superman under Darkseid’s antilife equation thrall. Then I predict in JL 3, if we ever get it, we’d see an all-out celebration of conventional superhero genre tropes, a kind of love letter to the fantastical elements of comic books. All of earth’s superheroes and supervillains (including Luthor’s legion, JL Dark), plus Atlanteans, Amazons, the GL Corps, Thangarians, and New Genesis gods would assemble to protect earth from one final assault by Apokolips.

So again, the pendulum would swing back and forth between realistic/deconstructionist and escapist/fantastical.

Last edited:
Yup. It’s ok to have this. WB needs to stop making Batman “realistic” . The idea was cool at first but now it’s grown tired
This is why I have/had absolutely NO interest in The Batman. I already have 2 amazing films from Nolan in BB & TDK. The Batman is like a rehash of the Nolan films we already have.

I'm bored of the rehash of the same grounded/realistic villains in live action Batman movies.. I'm tired of Joker, Riddler, Two-Face, Penguin.... I don't want Black Mask, Calendar Man, Zsasz.... Just mostly normal people/gangsters. Those characters could be done in any normal Detective drama with any normal cop chasing them down. Another reason why I also have/had NO interest in The Joker movie, and will most likely never watch it.

What I WANT is Clayface, Man-Bat, Killer Croc (not the pathetic SS version), Mr. Freeze & Poison Ivy (not the awful camp crap), Firefly, Solomon Grundy, the Ventriloquist & Scarface even (where Scarface isn't just a dummy). The larger than life COMIC BOOK characters that are otherworldly.

But, alas, I don't feel this will ever happen. Thankfully we have the awesome DCAU. Most of the animated movies writing surpasses the live action movies..... Sad.

I would probably want the sequel still to be detective themed but with horror elements. I can see Clayface or Manbat working as the primary villain. Make Batman an actually good detective unlike in The Batman.

I would probably want the sequel still to be detective themed but with horror elements. I can see Clayface or Manbat working as the primary villain. Make Batman an actually good detective unlike in The Batman.

That would be cool, though they’re never going to go that route. We’re getting another re hash of the “gritty/realistic” Batman.

363C716C-1C3F-43DB-88DF-4A59D0CFC169.jpeg
49D9B0A3-945C-46D3-85F3-4AE821C9648D.jpeg
F88AEBC7-5F0A-44D5-AB04-0D20D1D00AA1.jpeg

It’s pretty awesome that we can see what Ben Affleck’s new Batsuit is going to look like as well from these pics. At least how it looks during his Bat-Bike scene. You can see the bay symbol on his chest too which even looks to be sprayed on. Maybe it’s some sort of heavy armor suit?
Regardless, I’m looking forward to seeing this flick BIGTIME!! 👍🏻

That would be cool, though they’re never going to go that route. We’re getting another re hash of the “gritty/realistic” Batman.

Yes, unfortunate. I could see this as a good way to mix up Reeves's Batman lineup.

https://nerdist.com/article/batman-...zmDgrRwDldvNgm_-S1ySLG_Ph7D3EJXgpNPt8oG-svr_Y

I was looking forward to this. I hate Dc even more . Idk why so many thought this zaslav guy would be the saving grace we need when he seems to be canceling interesting shows left and right . But somehow that flash movie is still coming. Amazing.

It's not dead really. It's just not showing under hbo max.

In Snyder’s planned five film arc there was going to be a kind of pendulum swing back and forth between realistic and fantastical. We saw it with MoS, BvS, and ZSJL. MoS was grounded to get the ball rolling with all the deconstruction elements. BvS went hard with deconstruction to pose the question of whether superheroes existing in our real world would actually be a good thing. (Answer is very mixed as in real life, but overall: yes, there’s good reason to be hopeful about it because of the noblest virtues that superheroes represent. This btw is opposite the conclusion Alan Moore made with Watchmen. Watchmen is Snyder’s main inspiration for deconstruction.) In BvS the superheroes are struggling with real world, real life problems. But in ZSJL we see a “reconstruction“ of genre conventions going on with a return to, and an embrace, of fantastical superhero tropes. The JL is battling an extraterrestrial otherworldly threat with powers that are for all practical purposes “magical.” (Although Arthur C. Clark famously said that technology can become so advanced that it’s indistinguishable from “magic” to those that lack understanding of it.) In JL 2 we remain in a highly fantastical space of ETs decimating earth after an invasion; but the real world deconstructionist problem of superheroes potentially becoming evil gets its full expression with Superman under Darkseid’s antilife equation thrall. Then I predict in JL 3, if we ever get it, we’d see an all-out celebration of conventional superhero genre tropes, a kind of love letter to the fantastical elements of comic books. All of earth’s superheroes and supervillains (including Luthor’s legion, JL Dark), plus Atlanteans, Amazons, the GL Corps, Thangarians, and New Genesis gods would assemble to protect earth from one final assault by Apokolips.

So again, the pendulum would swing back and forth between realistic/deconstructionist and escapist/fantastical.

Thanks, great outiine. It‘s a shame Snyder copped so much flak for his deconstruction and people never got to see the long game (though there was *some* redemption for our heroes).

View attachment 595994View attachment 595995View attachment 595996

It’s pretty awesome that we can see what Ben Affleck’s new Batsuit is going to look like as well from these pics. At least how it looks during his Bat-Bike scene. You can see the bay symbol on his chest too which even looks to be sprayed on. Maybe it’s some sort of heavy armor suit?
Regardless, I’m looking forward to seeing this flick BIGTIME!! 👍🏻
Give me more Batman.
more-kylo-ren.gif

GIVE ME ALL THE BATMEN!!
star-wars.gif

Yes, unfortunate. I could see this as a good way to mix up Reeves's Batman lineup.

It's not dead really. It's just not showing under hbo max.
Yea now I just read that. So this guy seems to want to destroy all hbo max content . Or the app itself. Be funny if Disney plus picked it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back