Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked it but if it’s not leasing towards anything it doesn’t need a sequel. How many jokers have we had ? And he’s not the reeves verse joker? Weird.

Come on WB you have the rights to your characters atleast Sony and marvel have an explanation as to why they make Spider-Man villain movies outside the mcu. You have none

You have a lot of faith in a company that definitely doesn’t seem like they want to cater to any fanbase or anybody but themselves. I appreciate your optimism but I doubt that will happen even if Snyder came back I doubt they’ll let him finish his vision
faith alfred 1.gif

Although it’s been extremely frustrating in the past years with the scattered directions of the DC property, I’m hopeful that the newly announced, “10 Year Plan” will give structure to the DCEU.
What I’m most looking forward to right now is an official announcement in regards to what exactly the 10 Year Plan will comprise of. I want to see an announcement similar to how Marvel announces its Phase plans, with actual films laid out.

So WB thinks the guy behind the CW shows is their Kevin Feige going forward..

View attachment 594088
Well I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. If true he did introduce green arrow to the world and flash and many others. Gotham knights sucked but most people like his shows . He did infinite crisis which the movie division is to stupid to do. So there’s that. So maybe he knows more than the idiots working at the movie side

Well, Ezra Miller must have gotten a PR team working for him finally! Or perhaps Ezra has had one but the team was tracking down everyone Ezra has had dealings with during manic episodes (? that’s what the Hawaii arrest looks like, plus much behavior overall consistent with that as well) to offer settlements/NDAs to remain quiet. If Ezra was trying to protect others who were being abused or in crisis by offering shelter, fine, but let’s hope that Ezra didn’t sleep with any teenaged girls, etc. Anyway, it seems clear that Ezra has been having serious legit behavioral health problems and as such the rehabilitation is about to begin. For both Ezra and the movie.

If this works out… and it should, honestly, since it certainly does look like Ezra has been struggling with untreated mental illness… it means whatever WBD is currently planning regarding reshoots of the final act of the Flash can proceed.

Syl Abdul broke both Ben Affleck’s return to replace Keaton in Aquaman 2 (which was on no one’s radar whatsoever and literally came out of the blue, so unlikely to be some sort of wild guess by Syl, i.e., Syl must have a legit source evidently) and the Flash, is reporting that he’s hearing that David Zaslav wants the Snyderverse timeline restored. Plus Keaton returning for additional filming in the Flash. Speculation now is that reportedly while the Flash was initially written and filmed for Batfleck to die, the situation has flipped. Now it is in fact Keaton’s Batman that will have the Tony Stark Endgame moment in the film. And Batfleck will as reported earlier return to the Knightmare timeline to continue the story arc to JL 2.

Batfleck is supposed to die same as in Final Crisis, per Zack Snyder at the so-called Snyder-Con. At that time folks weren’t sure if that meant at the end of JL 2 or JL3, and Zack never said which. I am certain at this point it will happen at the end of JL 2. Zack did comment once that he envisioned Batfleck training Carrie Kelly and that the mantle of the Bat would pass to her. I’m not sure if that idea will get rewritten. But I do expect that in JL 3 there will be a Robin essentially Replacing Batman. I doubt it will be Dick Grayson, because Snyder wanted Dick’s death to add weight to the loss, which tipped him downward onto the “fallen“ path in BvS.

Also, the idea of using a multiverse to have multiple versions of characters is something that reportedly Zaslav feels will confuse the non-comic book GA—and he’s right. MCU phase 4 has actually confused a lot of non-comic book fans. There’s no question that MCU phases 1-3 were wildly popular. Whereas 4 has witnessed a dropoff in said enthusiasm.

Moving forward there will still be a multiverse design concept, with multiple infinite parallel timelines. Flash will still establish that physics. But that will be just to be able to send Bruce back in time to prevent the Knightmare future from happening, i.e., to reset the world. WBD won’t build a universe of DC stories using different versions of characters from those different timelines/universes.

At the end of JL 2 Flash and Cyborg will still manage to send Bruce back in time to save Lois in the Batcave, kill Darkseid with the Radon bullet, and sacrifice his own life in so doing, all per Final Crisis. Thus preventing the Knightmare timeline from coming to pass. But from then on the DCEU universe will be just one setting that the stories will take place in.

So just one version of each character after they kill off Keaton’s Batman.

Last edited:
Well, Ezra Miller must have gotten a PR team working for him finally! Or perhaps Ezra has had one but the team was tracking down everyone Ezra has had dealings with during manic episodes (? that’s what the Hawaii arrest looks like, plus much behavior overall consistent with that as well) to offer settlements/NDAs to remain quiet. If Ezra was trying to protect others who were being abused or in crisis by offering shelter, fine, but let’s hope that Ezra didn’t sleep with any teenaged girls, etc. Anyway, it seems clear that Ezra has been having serious legit behavioral health problems and as such the rehabilitation is about to begin. For both Ezra and the movie.

Glad to see him making a statement. The DCEU has enough problems without worrying about bad press surrounding a future release.
I love Ezra as the Flash and look forward to the upcoming film and 10 year plan.
Now let’s see some positive interviews to really get things back on track! 👍🏻

Glad to see him making a statement. The DCEU has enough problems without worrying about bad press surrounding a future release.
I love Ezra as the Flash and look forward to the upcoming film and 10 year plan.
Now let’s see some positive interviews to really get things back on track! 👍🏻

The buzz is that Ezra gives one hell of a performance in the Flash. Ezra plays three different roles in it! It’s Ezra’s movie, essentially. Ezra is in nearly every scene. Reportedly Ezra is endearing in the film.

It’s rumored that Batfleck‘s chase scene on the bike is dope af. Like it will definitely genuinely wow the audience. I think it’s the opening scene and it is said to be very cool. That should instill a hunger to see Ben continue in the role. Like viewers will be whoa, apparently he ain’t too old to keep doing this for a good while yet, etc.

Let’s remember that even in BvS Ben wasn’t doing the stunt work. All that was Rich Cetone. Ben still looks great. Plus, he’s an older Batman to begin with! He’s probably only going to make his solo film and JL 2 (in which he dies at the end, or so I predict from everything we know about the plans for JL 2 and 3). So there should be no expectation that Ben is going to be around for the entire 10 year plan for the DCEU, I don’t think.

I mean, who knows, maybe they’ve all had some time and perspective to think about it more, and to see if they can use him to not die at the end of JL 2 and be a mentor figure after all. Maybe he will continue as the sort of mentor “Nick Fury” figure they had envisioned for Michael Keaton, who knows.

Whether this means that they will buy out Reeves and Pattinson on their contracts for the remaining two films of the Reeves trilogy… I highly doubt that. I reckon they’ll market the Reeves trilogy as “Black Label” same as Joker and Joker 2.

Last edited:

If this works out… and it should, honestly, since it certainly does look like Ezra has been struggling with untreated mental illness… it means whatever WBD is currently planning regarding reshoots of the final act of the Flash can proceed.

Syl Abdul broke both Ben Affleck’s return to replace Keaton in Aquaman 2 (which was on no one’s radar whatsoever and literally came out of the blue, so unlikely to be some sort of wild guess by Syl, i.e., Syl must have a legit source evidently) and the Flash, is reporting that he’s hearing that David Zaslav wants the Snyderverse timeline restored. Plus Keaton returning for additional filming in the Flash. Speculation now is that reportedly while the Flash was initially written and filmed for Batfleck to die, the situation has flipped. Now it is in fact Keaton’s Batman that will have the Tony Stark Endgame moment in the film. And Batfleck will as reported earlier return to the Knightmare timeline to continue the story arc to JL 2.

Batfleck is supposed to die same as in Final Crisis, per Zack Snyder at the so-called Snyder-Con. At that time folks weren’t sure if that meant at the end of JL 2 or JL3, and Zack never said which. I am certain at this point it will happen at the end of JL 2. Zack did comment once that he envisioned Batfleck training Carrie Kelly and that the mantle of the Bat would pass to her. I’m not sure if that idea will get rewritten. But I do expect that in JL 3 there will be a Robin essentially Replacing Batman. I doubt it will be Dick Grayson, because Snyder wanted Dick’s death to add weight to the loss, which tipped him downward onto the “fallen“ path in BvS.

Also, the idea of using a multiverse to have multiple versions of characters is something that reportedly Zaslav feels will confuse the non-comic book GA—and he’s right. MCU phase 4 has actually confused a lot of non-comic book fans. There’s no question that MCU phases 1-3 were wildly popular. Whereas 4 has witnessed a dropoff in said enthusiasm.

Moving forward there will still be a multiverse design concept, with multiple infinite parallel timelines. Flash will still establish that physics. But that will be just to be able to send Bruce back in time to prevent the Knightmare future from happening, i.e., to reset the world. WBD won’t build a universe of DC stories using different versions of characters from those different timelines/universes.

At the end of JL 2 Flash and Cyborg will still manage to send Bruce back in time to save Lois in the Batcave, kill Darkseid with the Radon bullet, and sacrifice his own life in so doing, all per Final Crisis. Thus preventing the Knightmare timeline from coming to pass. But from then on the DCEU universe will be just one setting that the stories will take place in.

So just one version of each character after they kill off Keaton’s Batman.

Syl Abdul has also been hinting at something to do with Cavill in October. Clay Staub has hinted at October too.

You mention Flash and Cyborg sending Bruce back in time to save Lois. Is that what people are saying the new version will be?

If Batfleck returns to the Knightmare timeline at the end of The Flash for JL2 it completely misses how he got here in the first place, Darkseid's invasion etc.

I can see them going back to the Snyderverse timeline but I would have thought the original invasion and timeline fix would play out as it originally did. I prefer it.

Last edited:
So they went with option A.

Yes, it’s good Ezra gets help, but the PR apology is definitely because WB is forcing the issue, not because of some sudden change of heart. We still got multiple arrest warrants, court dates, missing families, and groomer accusations dating back several years and not just “recent behavior”.

If Ezra is smart, they’ll still to WB’s plan and behave. We’ll see.

He’s still a pedo … crazy how he’s still on board with film. Like who the hell would want a person who tried to have sex with kids bsck as a iconic superhero? Come on.

I bet WB/DC wish they can tap into the speed force and turn back time. :p

I really like Ben Affleck as Batman. I always have. He might be my favorite live action Batman if they gave him more than like 10 minutes total of good Batman/Bruce Wayne moments.

I just want to see him in a good Batman movie not burdened by terrible scripts and rewrites, studio meddling, and bad decisions by executives.

I really like Ben Affleck as Batman. I always have. He might be my favorite live action Batman if they gave him more than like 10 minutes total of good Batman/Bruce Wayne moments.

I just want to see him in a good Batman movie not burdened by terrible scripts and rewrites, studio meddling, and bad decisions by executives.
That warehouse scene in BvS where he legit kicks the crap out of everyone is still one of the most incredible Batman fighting scenes ever! 🤘🏻

He’s still a pedo … crazy how he’s still on board with film. Like who the hell would want a person who tried to have sex with kids bsck as a iconic superhero? Come on.
I abhor pedophiles -mental health issues or not- but so far Miller hasn't been actually accused/indicted for pedophilia, let alone convicted, so I'll just wait until more facts are known.

I abhor pedophiles -mental health issues or not- but so far Miller hasn't been actually accused/indicted for pedophilia, let alone convicted, so I'll just wait until more facts are known.
Wasn’t he caught grooming a minor tho?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back