Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you all ever played elden ring the title music sounds like when Superman fights zod in the city . Lol.

But anyway can’t wait for DC to do something creative next. How about sign Ezra on for 4 more movie?

They finally canceled that flash show. That’s actually a great move. Should have never made a show and a try and make a movie at the same time. Idiots

If you all ever played elden ring the title music sounds like when Superman fights zod in the city . Lol.

But anyway can’t wait for DC to do something creative next. How about sign Ezra on for 4 more movie?

They finally canceled that flash show. That’s actually a great move. Should have never made a show and a try and make a movie at the same time. Idiots
Really I need to go listen to that.

There's been a lot of talk about HBO Max being cancelled and folded into Discovery+ with a lot of scripted shows being cut in favor of reality TV. Along with an attempt to push shows back on to the HBO channel.

A lot of DC projects would be caught in the crossfire potentially.

This feels really unprecedented, seeing someone trying to turn back the clock in the worst way possible as far as entertainment goes. It's pretty crazy.

DC can't catch a break.

There's been a lot of talk about HBO Max being cancelled and folded into Discovery+ with a lot of scripted shows being cut in favor of reality TV. Along with an attempt to push shows back on to the HBO channel.

A lot of DC projects would be caught in the crossfire potentially.

This feels really unprecedented, seeing someone trying to turn back the clock in the worst way possible as far as entertainment goes. It's pretty crazy.

DC can't catch a break.
Wtf? Reality tv shows? Who the **** gives a **** about that.

Unfortunately, I don't have HBOMax here, but I thought it was brilliant while I did. Lots of high quality content. It would be pretty sad if they killed it.

Rumor: Spoilers From 'The Flash' Test Screening Indicate That Supergirl Is The Replacement For Henry Cavill's Superman In The DCEU

DC037EA4-A574-4703-ABEC-2301755EFE26.jpeg

Wtf? Reality tv shows? Who the **** gives a **** about that.

Honestly, this focus on cheap non-scripted crap and cancelling two finished movies (batgirl and scoop 2) sounds like Zaslav wanting to maximize short term profits at the cost of the streaming service. Probably for some bonus tied to his performance. That is why you can't trust modern CEOs. They really only care about what will make them look good either for a bonus or so they can use some performance metric to get a higher paying job elsewhere. In the long run, this will significantly devalue HBO as a streaming platform which really screws WB as the future definitely seems to be about streaming.

But why? It isn't like Henry Cavill is controversial in any way. He is more popular than ever and while some didn't like the snyder version of superman, it wouldn't be that hard to make a movie that pivots the tone to something more traditionally superman-like. WB has had an aversion to Cavill Superman for awhile and it seems so bizarre as replacing him while keeping momoa aquaman, batfleck, and Gadot Womder Woman is just confusing. I am sure there will be some multiverse explanation but i can guarantee it will be much more confusing to the general audience compared to just using cavill in a well directed and written film.

I am sure it has something to do with wanting more female superheroes but is there some concrete data out there that says people are more excited by gender swapping popular characters? Considering so many studios are doing this, there must be some belief that this move will retain male viewers and bring in more girls. But it seems like it just pisses off people that care about the characters and seems unnecessary since supergirl is already an established and beloved character that can exist alongside superman without replacing him.

I get that many of our beloved properties weren't very diverse or inclusive for most of their history and that is going to change. However, there are organic ways in which to include diversity without making pre-established major characters gender swapped. Including cyborg in modern versions of the justice league was a good way to add diversity to the team. I was ok with a female green lantern in the dc super pets movie because it doesn't preclude that Hal jordan or jon stewart doesn't exist. Green Lantern is a corp and can have many members. Gender swapping just feels like it isn't really seeing the same character on screen.

Looking back I wonder why I felt optimistic about the Zaslav dude. After all, as far as I'm concerned, Discovery (and all its other channels) have been steadily becoming worse over the past decade.

Just another day as a Superman fan. Right, where's that S:TM blu-ray?

WB CEO:

“We have done a reset. We’ve restructured the business where we’re going to focus, where there will be a team with a ten-year plan focusing just on DC,” Zaslav said. “It’s very similar to the structure that Alan Horn and Bob Iger put together very effectively with Kevin Feige at Disney.”

Zaslav says the hope is to “build a long-term, much stronger sustainable growth business out of DC,” and that the company is going to focus on quality over quantity.

“We’re not going to release any film before it’s ready. We’re not going to release a film to make a quarter, we’re not going to release a film — the focus is going to be ‘how do we make each of these films, in general, as good as possible?’”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back