Future of DC Films (DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It absolutely blows my mind a second Doctor Strange movie outperformed a BATMAN movie. That’s like saying “oh yeah, I predict a movie about The Specter is going to beat Spider-man”.
That’s just domestically and in international and Batman falls behind even more.

Restore the Snyderverse lol

It absolutely blows my mind a second Doctor Strange movie outperformed a BATMAN movie. That’s like saying “oh yeah, I predict a movie about The Specter is going to beat Spider-man”.

I was convinced the MCU was on the way out with Phase IV. Well, it probably mainly is, but DS2 is an unexpected bright spot.

Man is Batman no longer a thing or what…

View attachment 585538
Lol come on this is like Batman’s 8th movie. The rest don’t have the movie catalog he does. Dr. Strange was a movie that centered around the multiverse which was a huge draw. It made almost every marvel film canon. This was a reboot Batman . So yea I’m not surly t the results

We’ll never know, but I think if we’d gotten that Ben Affleck solo Batman film versus Joe Manganiello’s Deathstroke, I think there would have been more hype for it than Reeves/Pattinson’s offering.

I loved The Batman but I immediately thought afterwards that a slow moving brooding and dark (literally) detective story with a mystery to solve that really is no mystery at all, we are presented with the villain right from the start of the movie lol, will suffer with longevity that comes from passionate rewatching.

Snyder being action focused first and foremost invites the longevity.

MOS/BvS/ZSJL gets a revisit twice a year!

Not certain that The Batman will.

Again I loved The Batman no axe to grind here.

Christ just keep both going look at Marvel they have Celestials sticking out of the earth and they be like…

1656767391162.gif

We’ll never know, but I think if we’d gotten that Ben Affleck solo Batman film versus Joe Manganiello’s Deathstroke, I think there would have been more hype for it than Reeves/Pattinson’s offering.
Eh I don’t know bout thet one. People were split on his Batman and Batman fans are in the same boat as Star Wars fans as a fanbase that can’t be pleased.

Personally I love Affleck's Batman a lot more than Pattinson's. But to be honest I don't really like The Batman anyway. Too bad they are wasted that Affleck movie.

Unfortunately Affleck Batman was under developed WB screwed him royally so much potential wasted although ZSJL at least gave him some breathing room to be a non goofy team creator and leader.

Pattinson Batman for me is a better singular Batman on a mission of discovery internal and external.

I am open and excited for more Affleck Batman i’m super curious about where they can take him.

I think I’d be more excited if he was not 20 plus into his career and his joker wasn’t cringe and his dick grayson wasn’t the one who died.

I think I’d be more excited if he was not 20 plus into his career and his joker wasn’t cringe and his dick grayson wasn’t the one who died.

I thought the Battfleck flick was originally supposed to be a prequel? But then they had Deathstroke in that ZSJL epilogue so...

Oh, and I loved Joker in the other ZSJL epilogue.

I thought the Battfleck flick was originally supposed to be a prequel? But then they had Deathstroke in that ZSJL epilogue so...

Oh, and I loved Joker in the other ZSJL epilogue.
That’s what I heard to . And yea he was ok in that

Re: Leto‘s Joker we also haven’t seen the Ayer cut of SS yet, which David Ayer says… okay, well, implies, i.e., it’s the gist of it… is about as unlike the theater release of SS as ZSJL is to Josstice League. Leto has said that they shot almost a film’s worth of footage of Joker and Harley.

See, I dig that he’s the seasoned veteran warrior. He can still fight well enough physically. But surely he’s got to be more wise about that than ever. I think I remember reading something to the effect that Ben Affleck commented that he goes straight for the knockout (crippling blow) almost immediately to conserve energy. He probably must rely more on tech and gadgets than ever, which is perfectly within the mythos of the character. But more so, his greatest asset is all of his mental abilities, his smarts, his strategies, his understanding of human psychology, and so on. Like in Star Trek, James Kirk who was so full of piss and vinegar but often very impulsive will always have a special place in my heart, but I admire and respect Jean Luc Picard much more.

Last edited:
So as we know, WBD has issued a statement that they’re releasing the Flash in theaters come hell or high water. Probably the wisest decision at this point. It’s really unclear to me what to expect from this movie. I hate what I hear about it writing Cavill’s Superman out of existence. But it will just end up being a pocket universe to introduce the Batgirl, Supergirl, Keaton Batman, Blue Beetle universe, which will still just be one of an infinite number in the multiverse. The Snyderverse universe still exists in the multiverse.

Rumors from test screenings are that Ezra gives an excellent performance and is endearing as Barry. So I guess maybe WB is hoping that a combination of fascination with whatever is going on with Ezra and a winning performance will get it into profit territory.

Mikey Sutton reporting that WBD is saving all the information up for DC Fandome some time in the fall, and probably won’t attend SDCC. By then they will probably have hired the new “czar” of the DC IPs. He keeps reassuring fans that Henry has not been fired but WBD is waiting on the new czar before signing him for whatever they’re planning.

I suppose it makes some sense that WBD would try to salvage what Hamada started. Evidently there’s a proven market for nostalgia with NHW and Top Gun—although knowing WB they will do an inferior take on what’s worked well so far from other studios! Like leave it to WB to gak that. I personally have no interest in Keaton’s Batman returning, I was never that into that campy version of the character to begin with, even back when it released. Batgirl I really don’t give a **** about, she’s always been a minor character to me. And WB couldn‘t even do that right by giving us Terry McGinnis! But it might be fun to see Sasha Calle as Supergirl, for sure. Blue Beetle is a character I don’t know very well, so I’ll remain open to whatever we get for that. Black Adam does not excite me, I think the Rock is a blowhard (his I’m-larger-than-life shtick is an act but also not an act, if that makes sense) and a mediocre actor at best. I’m not familiar with the Black Adam character. JSA is potentially intriguing though. (Most people I see responding to BA trailers and news comment that they’re looking forward to Doctor Fate and Hawkman more, lol.)

In any event, does anyone at WBD really think fans would be as excited about what the Hamadverse is versus, say, MoS 2 with Henry Cavill, Ben’s Batman movie versus Joe Manganiello’s Deathstroke, and Zack Snyder returning to make his Knightmare future movie, JL 2? None of that may happen, I get that. But if you’re WBD and could make it happen why wouldn‘t you?

I can’t imagine Henry Cavill is that difficult to work with… or wants that much money… that WBD is slamming the door shut on him. I think he was blacklisted by the previous regime. Still crossing my fingers that if nothing else we get to see at least one more Cavill solo Superman film.

Last edited:
I know, right? That's because people have gotten invested with the Marvel brand on the same level as Star Wars. When people see those 2 brands, they're like, "Well...I gotta watch it, right?" Where as DCEU is all over the place. I think the interest level of Star Wars & Marvel are in a downturn though because they're putting out subpar product lately with the plot holes and uninteresting content. I'm finding Star Trek to be more interesting lately than those 2 Disney pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back