1/6 Frodo and Gandalf on horse carriage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit that the top-end 1/6 scale action figure manufacturers are releasing more accurate sculpts. It is definitely not a paint app issue, in this case.

I possess 11 Frodo figures, a Frodo PEZ, and 20 unique wallhangings featuring him, one of which I got signed by Elijah Wood in person. Cute username though.

Oh ****. It?s a Frodo super fan battle to the death!

In all seriousness Frodo?s likeness is what puts me off too. And I really want to get this piece as it?s a fav LOTR scene for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To do that, you would've had to push Sam and me out of the bed. Didn't happen.

I would really like to like Weta's character sculptures, but if they can't even pull off a decent likeness for their Master's Collection, I don't think I ever will. They do excel at environments - the cart and horse are beautiful - and I admit even Gandalf looks acceptable, but to be fair, half of his face is covered by his beard. Much as I love this scene, can't see myself dropping ~$1k+ on it.

To do that, you would've had to push Sam and me out of the bed. Didn't happen.

I would really like to like Weta's character sculptures, but if they can't even pull off a decent likeness for their Master's Collection, I don't think I ever will. They do excel at environments - the cart and horse are beautiful - and I admit even Gandalf looks acceptable, but to be fair, half of his face is covered by his beard. Much as I love this scene, can't see myself dropping ~$1k+ on it.

Steven Saunders sculpted this Gandalf, and the 1/6 Hobbit Gandalf which is a perfect likeness.
Merry and Pippin are spot on on the TB MC.
There are a lot of fantastic likenesses, more so than not.

Ordered!
2K. Thank God for payment plans!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191029-153215.jpg
    Screenshot_20191029-153215.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 87
Pass for me,just wasn’t impressed with TB,but Gollum was nice from the ML,a bit small tho.Congrats to those who ordered hopefully paint apps will be crisp

*price complaint*

I mean this should be like 1200-1500. 2000? Really? Can?t wait for P1 to finally announce their LOTR stuff. Taking too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pass for me,just wasn?t impressed with TB,but Gollum was nice from the ML,a bit small tho.Congrats to those who ordered hopefully paint apps will be crisp

I fail to see how anyone could not have been impressed by Treebeard :lol I mean, what did you want to see? Real bark?

I fail to see how anyone could not have been impressed by Treebeard :lol I mean, what did you want to see? Real bark?

My base was wobbly and trying to get the figure to fit (especially the torso) was damn near impossible,futher more I felt the paint apps were not that great on mine,and no where near the master line standard.I saw the proto at con,to me it wasn’t as good on the production run,just my opinion

^^^Unfortunately that sounds very much like Weta. ToE and the Balrog were the same for me in terms of production paint apps.

I know people like this but it seems given the edition size they new it wouldn't be a big seller, not to mention the price tag. Only for the discerning hard core LOTR collector I guess. I'm still holding out Sauron, even at the masters price tag if it's worth it.

Weta priced me out on the whole VAT debacle. Nice stuff and I applaud them for sticking with it, but value for money is not there anymore (IMO).

Weta priced me out on the whole VAT debacle. Nice stuff and I applaud them for sticking with it, but value for money is not there anymore (IMO).

Other parts of the world also pay VAT, but they are charged after the statue is sent. In the EU, we are just charged it upon order, and actually it seems that we EARN Weta dollars on it! No-one else in the world does. So we got away with not paying the VAT for years, and now we're even earning rewards on the tax! So we really do not have any reason to moan.

Other parts of the world also pay VAT, but they are charged after the statue is sent. In the EU, we are just charged it upon order, and actually it seems that we EARN Weta dollars on it! No-one else in the world does. So we got away with not paying the VAT for years, and now we're even earning rewards on the tax! So we really do not have any reason to moan.

Yes I know. But that was the moment it simply became to expensive for me (not bashing Weta here, the same happened for Sideshow stuff).

Back