Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was weaker than the last couple

The move over to that Gleam service for the competitions as well put me right off of entering all of them.

Not happy at all signing up to that service that demands so much access to all my stuff.

Still happy to have about an extra $15 more on my RP :)

Neil

I tried entering one... to much of a pain in the ass.
I entered less than half of the contests, with probably half of the Gleam entry options. It takes way too long, and having to repeat the same stuff for each contest is pointless (like visiting the same webpages over and over and over). I don't expect I will ever win one of those Sideshow contests. I sure as heck will not do "cobbled cosplay" for 5 bonus entries. The odds of winning those contests are VERY low. Some had close to 30,000 entries!!! If I had 20 entries (which is more than I typically had), that's 0.067% chance of winning. That's 1/15 of one percent. I'm not saying the odds would be any better with their site contests, but at least those are quick to enter. Gleam sucks...

Anyone looking for a Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO? Getting ready to put mine up on ebay. Never taken out of the box.

Gentle Giant Black Friday SALE NOW!

Wednesday 11/21 at 11:00am PST we are kicking off our Black Friday Sale!! Wednesday through Monday save BIG on our in-stock Star Wars items!

60% off in stock Star Wars mini busts, classic busts and Jumbos

50% off all in stock Star Wars Collector's Gallery statues

For the FIRST TIME EVER we are having a sale on past Premier Guild exclusives for our current Premier Guild members! 50% off past in stock Premier Guild, plus your PG discount! Quantities are VERY limited!

Sideshow needs to do something like this, to blow out old inventory. GG is practically giving some of this stuff away...
The SDCC Yoda bust is $40!!! McQuarrie Han bust $48!!! Those prices are Premiere Guild prices, most likely...

I'm looking through the stuff right now... couple things caught my eye. They do this every so often... you can get some really good deals.

Codes are becoming the virtual equivalent of searching through dumpsters for cans to turn in for the deposit so you can buy another pint of vodka...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Codes are becoming the virtual equivalent of searching through dumpsters for cans to turn in for the deposit so you can buy another pint of vodka...

You should see some of the people on Facebook acting like these codes are bricks of gold. Its kind of sad seeing the rude comments and pissed off people who miss them.

You should see some of the people on Facebook acting like these codes are bricks of gold. Its kind of sad seeing the rude comments and pissed off people who miss them.

They are “bricks” alright.....

But it aint gold. Actually , from a strictly finical stand point , one does better with the can deposits than codes/points....the return on investments is higher and the time spent is less.

Not doing the Instagram thing, but love the Mortopoly t-shirt from day 2. Do you have that available on Zazzle or somewhere to order? Would be a great add to my other two Vander spooktacular tshirts!

If you were still interested in this year's Spooktacular T today on Zazzle you can get it 50% off with the code - BLKFRIDAYZAZ
plus free shipping with code XYQEVDPOPPVAKFNFVJPE (free shipping code is limited to the first 3 uses, so if it's not working for you that means others have already claimed it, sorry)

The code also gives 60% off Fleece Blankets and 40% off Pillows which are also available from Mort Mart - www.zazzle.com/mortmart

Back