Fixing a damaged Gundam Marker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jameson Rook

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've bought a Gundam Marker pen and some cheap brands as part of detailing some 1/6 heads. Problem is whenever the tip comes into contact with the acrylic coated surfaces, the tip becomes damaged with no ink coming out after subsequent use. I didn't use any excessive pressure and there aren't any residues on the tip of the pens either.

Is there a way to get back the flow of ink back into the tip, or am I doing something wrong here?

14091801683_91dd5f872c_z.jpg

14048631776_29c213c6a0_z.jpg

That's strange, Ryan. I've used a few fine tip Gundam Markers and they've never broken on me. In fact, I've found them to be pretty sturdy. Are you sure that it's the Gundam Marker that has been broken, or is it one of the cheap pens?

That's strange, Ryan. I've used a few fine tip Gundam Markers and they've never broken on me. In fact, I've found them to be pretty sturdy. Are you sure that it's the Gundam Marker that has been broken, or is it one of the cheap pens?

All of them seem to die on me when I use them to draw eyelashes or eyelids! :lol I could swore all of these pens are super sensitive on rough surfaces. The Gundam pen lasted way longer though, about 10-15 applications before it started to dry up.

Anyway, what kind of surface do you personally use the Gundam Marker on? Have you only worked on the plastics and nothing else?

Back