Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was able to take off Zack’s sweater to start washing out the dye was wondering if anyone here knew a fix on how to get the dye off the body ? He has a little on the actual head sculpt nothing crazy but would still love to clean him up as much as possible

Was able to take off Zack’s sweater to start washing out the dye was wondering if anyone here knew a fix on how to get the dye off the body ? He has a little on the actual head sculpt nothing crazy but would still love to clean him up as much as possible
Sad to hear. It's one thing when it's the body - eventually we may be able to receive replacement bodies or bodies sold separately, but on the headsculpt itself? A shame... I would head @thatonenerdlord 's advice and try a 10% benzoyl peroxide cream (aka acne cream) as in my experience with dolls and stains - it was the only thing to work. Many would place the cream and leave it under sunlight to activate, near an open window to also aerate. Up to your discretion on that as direct sunlight can be damaging to plastic.

Mine arrived yesterday, im a bit worried about the stains but the figure is amazing. I think i will try to remove the shirt and use some of the advices posted on this thread.
AD91A953-0912-4B4B-BE89-837AA3723314.jpeg

FWIW: if anyone feels hesitant about trying the cream, my Zack is finally in the state and should be here soon-ish, and I’m for sure going to try it and can let you all know how it goes!

Unrelated to Zack's release but my Cloud took a tumble the other day off a shelf and his jointed arm broke off inside his shoulder... I've been working to get the piece out but if it fails.... Does anyone know what body they used for Cloud? Was it a custom GT build?

Unrelated to Zack's release but my Cloud took a tumble the other day off a shelf and his jointed arm broke off inside his shoulder... I've been working to get the piece out but if it fails.... Does anyone know what body they used for Cloud? Was it a custom GT build?
Custom body from what I can tell

Custom body from what I can tell
Can confirm the Zack and cloud arms can’t be swapped since their different bodies so good luck
Mine arrived yesterday, im a bit worried about the stains but the figure is amazing. I think i will try to remove the shirt and use some of the advices posted on this thread.
View attachment 600779

Would recommend doing it was actually easy to take off and put the shirt back on thankfully mine didn’t have excess dye beyond what already stained the body since nothing came out and I did about 5 washed just to be sure just kept getting clear water

20220928_224709.jpg

Mine came today, I love it!! I see a lot of people talking about the staining issue, I don't see any of it on the arms or anything, it seems to all be under the shirt. Do I have any concerns to worry about if I don't take it all apart and clean it?

I can't recall if the jointed arm is using a metal piece that goes into the arm socket or is it plastic?

If its plastic, get a micro drill bits and do this:

1. Using your hand, twist and drill a small hole in the middle/center of the broken piece (make sure its deep enough).
2. Pull the drill bit out slowly in a reverse twisting motion and then apply some super glue on the drill bit.
3. Insert the drill bit gently back into the hole that you just made in a twisting motion (make sure the super glue is not overflowing and touching other areas of the socket), then leave it to dry.
4. Slowly pull the drill bit straight out, it should take the broken piece along.

Micro Drill Bits:
1664424426894.png

Hope that helps, good luck!

Last edited:
View attachment 600827

Mine came today, I love it!! I see a lot of people talking about the staining issue, I don't see any of it on the arms or anything, it seems to all be under the shirt. Do I have any concerns to worry about if I don't take it all apart and clean it?
Lovely display! To answer your question, it won't stain any more than it already has, except if you decide to use the rubber arms, it may stain right near the joint of the arm where it connects to the body. But if it doesn't bother you, it's not a big deal. It's mainly just underneath the clothes. It's just disheartening. We all here were so excited to receive Zack and yet encountered problem after problem once the box was opened. I still love my Zack, the face detail is the best GT has done yet, I just feel that he was rushed to be released, and QC wasn't all there. I have bets that they manufactured only the 2nd class Zack costume and ended up dying the 1st class costume black, which is what led to the excess dye and staining.

I can't recall if the jointed arm is using a metal piece that goes into the arm socket or is it plastic?

If its plastic, get a micro drill bits and do this:

1. Using your hand, twist and drill a small hole in the middle/center of the broken piece (make sure its deep enough).
2. Pull the drill bit out slowly in a reverse twisting motion and then apply some super glue on the drill bit.
3. Insert the drill bit gently back into the hole that you just made in a twisting motion (make sure the super glue is not overflowing and touching other areas of the socket), then leave it to dry.
4. Slowly pull the drill bit straight out, it should take the broken piece along.

Micro Drill Bits:
View attachment 600831

Hope that helps, good luck!
Thanks man, that's insanely helpful!

It is plastic, the seamless arm is the metal one, so (for better or worse) I'll just be using the seamless arm going forward once I get this one out.

Lovely display! To answer your question, it won't stain any more than it already has, except if you decide to use the rubber arms, it may stain right near the joint of the arm where it connects to the body. But if it doesn't bother you, it's not a big deal. It's mainly just underneath the clothes. It's just disheartening. We all here were so excited to receive Zack and yet encountered problem after problem once the box was opened. I still love my Zack, the face detail is the best GT has done yet, I just feel that he was rushed to be released, and QC wasn't all there. I have bets that they manufactured only the 2nd class Zack costume and ended up dying the 1st class costume black, which is what led to the excess dye and staining.
Ahh, ok. I probably won't be using the seamless arms since I do enjoy leaving my figures in poses where the arms are bent usually and I know the seamless arms are prone to splitting. I do agree that is a little disheartening seeing all of the issues he's had (outfit not sitting super properly, staining, neck issues, etc) but I've been real happy with it thus far despite the issues. The staining issue is such a big oversight though, it's a shame. I hope AC Cloud is a lot better. I think GT felt a little compelled to hit that release window and it ended up getting pushed out a little too early.

I'm excited to see more Noctis!!!! The amount of previews we've seen recently must indicate he's getting close to his big reveal. But PLEASE dear God I hope GT doesn't drop 3 POs at the same time like RocketToys did. I mean, paying deposits is easy enough, but it's much more manageable when they're spaced out a bit. Maybe I'm in the minority thinking that, though.

Back