Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings everyone! My name is Elbear. First time poster here~ I'm a wannabe figure reviewer, but I'm really just your average collector and an FF7 fanatic. I hope to learn a lot from everyone. And special shout out to @BigTrunten for the invite!

At topic, my GT Zack also has a neck issue with the 1st Class portrait. Just happened to arrived at the same solution as @Spiln3r for using removable putty as a temporary fix. And the stain on the seamless arms are very noticeable within just one day. I'm gonna leave mine off as soon as I'm done filming.

Attachments

• IMG_1810.jpg
    IMG_1810.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1811.jpg
    IMG_1811.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 0
Greetings everyone! My name is Elbear. First time poster here~ I'm a wannabe figure reviewer, but I'm really just your average collector and an FF7 fanatic. I hope to learn a lot from everyone. And special shout out to @BigTrunten for the invite!

At topic, my GT Zack also has a neck issue with the 1st Class portrait. Just happened to arrived at the same solution as @Spiln3r for using removable putty as a temporary fix. And the stain on the seamless arms are very noticeable within just one day. I'm gonna leave mine off as soon as I'm done filming.
Hi! I love your reviews x3 Nice to have you here!

Just looked on my Zack, but I use the other arms and have no stains .. :O Maybe you have to wash the clothes as well?

Happy to see you here, I've followed your Youtube for a while now!! Also, unfortunately, my Zack's arms look the same as the one in your photo. QC was not really on par with this particular figure, and guaranteed every Zack produced has bad stains wherever his dark clothing has touched. It's unfortunate, but at this point, not much we can do about it but hide the stains or do the tedious effort of washing the garments and trying to re-dress him. Too tedious for me, personally.

You’re here!! Welcome dude!!

I was wondering when your review was gonna go up haha.

Does anyone know whether the classic “10% benzoyl peroxide” method used in fashion doll stain removal would damage the seamless arms? I plan on giving it the ol college try myself when my Zack arrives if no one knows, I was just curious.

I love your reviews man

I hope they fix these issues for AC Cloud. The neck seems like a one time fix, but the staining would have me paranoid about using the seamless body, and that's the one I'd want to use because the figure looks so much nicer without joints.

Mine has stain already too! In 2 days!
Really disapointed! :hammerhead:

This Zack has been delayed and has even more defects than the others...
It seems that my Cloud does not have this problem.

But reassure me, can we remove these stains?
I really hope gametoys will sell replacement arms alone like Walter said, We already need it! :slap

Thanks everyone!

I'm of the same sentiment about the shirt: A wash might likely fix the issue but risk taking everything apart for that just doesn't seem worth it. It's a bummer. My Cloud had those seamless arms installed for 7 months now and they're pristine.

I was wondering when your review was gonna go up haha.

Hey man! Glad to have yet another familiar person here! I'm afraid the review might still be awhile because I done effed up by not ordering the 2nd Class body from Kit, so I'm still for Gundamit to deliver.

Sadly I don't know of any methods that remove stains without leaving some sort of damage. But since mine are already messed up, I'm gonna go all the way and see if the 2nd Class body will stain as well.

Thanks everyone!

I'm of the same sentiment about the shirt: A wash might likely fix the issue but risk taking everything apart for that just doesn't seem worth it. It's a bummer. My Cloud had those seamless arms installed for 7 months now and they're pristine.

Hey man! Glad to have yet another familiar person here! I'm afraid the review might still be awhile because I done effed up by not ordering the 2nd Class body from Kit, so I'm still for Gundamit to deliver.

Sadly I don't know of any methods that remove stains without leaving some sort of damage. But since mine are already messed up, I'm gonna go all the way and see if the 2nd Class body will stain as well.
That’s a shame I’ve been looking forward to it after the let down that was the VTS Zack.

How did you take it off and how will you put it back properly with the harness built in? I imagine that’s why people are apprehensive

By taking out the arms, you can pull the shirt off from the top. Putting it back is a different matter though as it seems more difficult.

By taking out the arms, you can pull the shirt off from the top. Putting it back is a different matter though as it seems more difficult.
Exactly why I don’t wanna try it I’m okay with the stains personally mine aren’t bad at all and if more arms are coming that can remedy that it’s nothing egregious to me

Why are people afraid to take off the shirt?

The regular body is stained.

View attachment 600461View attachment 600462
Thanks so much for sharing. I suspect mine looks the exact same, if not worse underneath his shirt as well. Mine has very bad stains on the armpit, and even a little on his neck. I think the most disheartening of all was how excited we all were to receive our Zack, and how disappointed everybody is with the issues the figure has. Don't get me wrong, he's the best rendition of Zack we will ever own, and I'm so ecstatic to own this figure, but the problems we've encountered thus far have certainly been disappointing. Hoping AC Cloud has better QC. Terribly worried about staining on that figure. Wonder if Walter could give us an update on it, I know they're testing it. Has anyone looked at the arm underneath AC Cloud's sleeve to see if it has stained yet? @walter88

Dark dyes stain. This is not a new problem. Even Hot Toys says not to let Thanos wear his helmet for too long or it will stain.

It's an issue, but not an issue I really hold GameToys accountable for. Especially when it comes to the silicone pieces. Even the highest quality silicone on the market still sucks the black dye out of a piece of cloth like it's dying of thirst.

I follow you too haha!

Shame about the dye issues, but I think I'll just have to accept it. Maybe tie some bandages around the upper part of the arm for a made-up battle look, I dunno. Or just no arms. Or alt.arms.

Back