Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish we could have that option as well. Joints exposed on the armpit and shoulders wouldnt look that bad IMO it turned out well for cloud
Also is it safe if you would keep the seamless hands bent in minimal angles like 160 or 170 degrees? i was thinking of a pose for my cloud strife but im not sure if its a good idea to have it bent even just by the minimum.

its hard to take off the cloth ,and may break the inter metal skeleton frame of the body if you are not familiar with it.

boss said gt silicon body arms are slimmer than usual mass market silicon body. to maximize the similarity of the character body scale. therefore some crack on tpe and silicon are maybe due to the metal frame. as in the picture,we could see the frame.

here is some update.

tifa new version head sculpt pic(yup,unclear pic.)boss still dont want to show.new hair!

dn may sell in set,and can choose either semi silicon /jointed body type

zack,this week. mostly
Can you ask the gametoys boss if he works with pleather or real leather?
I am afraid for Sephiroth. Should I ask my tailor to make me a custom leather outfit?
Same goes for Tifa. If it is pleather I know it will turn to dust one day

Can you ask the gametoys boss if he works with pleather or real leather?
I am afraid for Sephiroth. Should I ask my tailor to make me a custom leather outfit?
Same goes for Tifa. If it is pleather I know it will turn to dust one day
Yeah, interms of the leather parts in tifa, if they can go with the soft plastic ala playarts it would be better in terms of the longevity. :D

Yeah, interms of the leather parts in tifa, if they can go with the soft plastic ala playarts it would be better in terms of the longevity. :D
Pleather is the reason I don't buy hot toys since 2014 lol. Today I looked at my sephiroth and I was like... wait a minute, is that what I think it is?

Pleather is the reason I don't buy hot toys since 2014 lol. Today I looked at my sephiroth and I was like... wait a minute, is that what I think it is?
Oh tell me about it lol. :ROFLMAO: It's a shame they dont use materials like the leathers they used in DX10. That was my first ever hottoys and the genuine leather still looks great today.

Same, the only figure I have in my collection with pleather is the T2 T800. He’s still amazing for a 10 year old figure but that pleather outfit won’t outlive me, haven’t found anyone who can do a good enough custom outfit yet. For now, I’ll just have to pray to the gods each night 😄

leather ,pleather. doesn't matter. always apply oil/wax.

headsculpt/ body scale is the main selling point of 1/6 figure.
I've heard that these products are not good for Pleather, and can damage it even faster so it's best not to touch them.
For me the quality of the leather is really important, especially on Sephiroth who will look like anything when his leather will be ruined... the Headsculpt won't save him.
Gametoys should do like present toys and use real leather, which lasts in time

I've heard that these products are not good for Pleather, and can damage it even faster so it's best not to touch them.
For me the quality of the leather is really important, especially on Sephiroth who will look like anything when his leather will be ruined... the Headsculpt won't save him.
Gametoys should do like present toys and use real leather, which lasts in time
no 12 inch figure uses real leather AFAIK and I wish they did because it's superior. Oil and wax doesn't work on pleather because pleather is a plastic compound, once it's damaged, it's done, it's not living breathing skin like real leather is. I recently had some issues with my Dante figure in that I replaced the jacket and now the whole thing peeled, wish I could get a professional tailor to redo the jacket in real leather, or a decent looking cloth.

It's why I love the plastic parts instead of pleather on GT's Cloud, sturdier, will last longer, looks better. Maybe they can sell a seperate cloth variant. I sometimes wonder if a certain consistency of wax on cloth could replicate a leather look without having a cheap looking set of clothing.

headsculpt/ body scale is the main selling point of 1/6 figure.
True! You are correct! If your goal is to make fast sales with casual consumers. They will know what I'm talking about, but in 4 years or 5 years from now. This line will be long gone by then.

I don't judge, it's a valid strategy and it also helps to cut costs and avoid custom problems for some countries. News flash for our casual audience: There are metric tonnes of customs regulations you have to abide if you import leather from China by the bulk, going pleather allows to avoid it all.

leather ,pleather. doesn't matter. always apply oil/wax.
Very different materials. Different care. Ok, now I assume you did pleather. Oh god...

Very different materials. Different care. Ok, now I assume you did pleather. Oh god...
depends on how the material is made and if the cloth underneath looks good. could be realtively matte textured cloth underneath, if that's the case it'll still look good if it peels.

If not maybe they can do a 2nd edition with a cloth variant clothing, for part 2.

its hard to take off the cloth ,and may break the inter metal skeleton frame of the body if you are not familiar with it.

boss said gt silicon body arms are slimmer than usual mass market silicon body. to maximize the similarity of the character body scale. therefore some crack on tpe and silicon are maybe due to the metal frame. as in the picture,we could see the frame.

here is some update.

tifa new version head sculpt pic(yup,unclear pic.)boss still dont want to show.new hair!

dn may sell in set,and can choose either semi silicon /jointed body type

zack,this week. mostly
Soooo hype for that Tifa!😁😍🔥 and can't wait for Zack!

depends on how the material is made and if the cloth underneath looks good. could be realtively matte textured cloth underneath, if that's the case it'll still look good if it peels.
That’s sounds like self-soothing right there

That’s sounds like self-soothing right there
no, it really does depend. my Dante's undercloth looks kinda bad, but the hot toys weskers if seen seem to have a much nicer material underneath, at least the one on ebay. I haven't seen recent hot toys stuff peel, but I know my Mysterio eventually will.

no 12 inch figure uses real leather AFAIK and I wish they did because it's superior.
The DX10 terminator did use real leather on the jacket that is why it lasted longer than the pleather belt it came with.
I totally agree with your preference with the plastic materials on GT cloud. I totally gives ya some assurance that this figure will look pristine way longer than figures that used pleather instead. PLus they came with alternate hands so you'll don't have to worry about replacement when the silicon arms go.

When it comes to materials and packages, GT Cloud is now my gold standard

no 12 inch figure uses real leather AFAIK and I wish they did because it's superior. Oil and wax doesn't work on pleather because pleather is a plastic compound, once it's damaged, it's done, it's not living breathing skin like real leather is. I recently had some issues with my Dante figure in that I replaced the jacket and now the whole thing peeled, wish I could get a professional tailor to redo the jacket in real leather, or a decent looking cloth.

It's why I love the plastic parts instead of pleather on GT's Cloud, sturdier, will last longer, looks better. Maybe they can sell a seperate cloth variant. I sometimes wonder if a certain consistency of wax on cloth could replicate a leather look without having a cheap looking set of clothing.
The guy above said Present Toys use real leather, it is for their Indy. I have it and it is real leather, the downside is they used a thick leather so the jacket ends up thick looking. Needs a few mods to make it better.

no, it really does depend. my Dante's undercloth looks kinda bad, but the hot toys weskers if seen seem to have a much nicer material underneath, at least the one on ebay. I haven't seen recent hot toys stuff peel, but I know my Mysterio eventually will.
I sold my hot toys Wesker. The buyer can validate. Looks brand new. Same with my Blade snipe's. Immaculate.

Attachments

• 20220815_223201.jpg
    20220815_223201.jpg
    767 KB · Views: 0
The DX10 terminator did use real leather on the jacket that is why it lasted longer than the pleather belt it came with.
First I've heard of it, was this a recent release?
The guy above said Present Toys use real leather, it is for their Indy. I have it and it is real leather, the downside is they used a thick leather so the jacket ends up thick looking. Needs a few mods to make it better.
Never heard of them, this would be the second one that I know of using real leather if the DX10 really does use it. It's kind of hard to use at this scale unless it's lambskin or something else that's thin, but good luck sourcing that.

First I've heard of it, was this a recent release?
No, it has been released more or less a decade ago. Way back then when enterbay also had the license for the terminator franchise and was giving hottoys the run for their money in producing the ideal terminator figure.

For your reference, you can check this old review i googled cause the page from the official Hottoys page could not be accessed at this time.
http://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2012/04/preview-hot-toys-dx10-terminator-2.html

Back