Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sharing this here because I know a lot of you don't venture outside this specific thread.

I'm taking this as official confirmation of what I'd been speculating for a while regarding Toys Wonderland: They do not purchase stock directly from the manufacturer. Anything they sell is purchased from a local store and then resold. Keep this in mind for any GameToys purchases, since we already know they completely failed to secure any Cloud despite taking orders for it.

View attachment 592995
Another blow to TW

Bruh.. So basically nothing is brand new on their site?😒🤦🏾‍♂️
They're new figures, but it's like going to the Nike store and buying a pair of Jordan's and then going home and immediately throwing them up on eBay. But at a larger scale.

It's why they don't offer any kind of follow up customer service. If your figure gets damaged in transit or has a manufacturer defect, all they can do is take from their existing stock (which they won't do) or tell you tough luck here's a store credit. Because they don't do much with direct manufacturers.

If I don't receive my Zack 2nd class body from TW, you guys will be the first to know!! :tap:gah:I just hope, that after all that long for a pre-order, that PayPal may still have my back? I don't know the specifics as I haven't had to deal with this before (as I'm usually quite diligent about where I order from! Whoops).
Best of luck to us @BigTrunten :monkey2

Sharing this here because I know a lot of you don't venture outside this specific thread.

I'm taking this as official confirmation of what I'd been speculating for a while regarding Toys Wonderland: They do not purchase stock directly from the manufacturer. Anything they sell is purchased from a local store and then resold. Keep this in mind for any GameToys purchases, since we already know they completely failed to secure any Cloud despite taking orders for it.

View attachment 592995

I thought it was generally understood that that’s what they’ve been doing. Especially after the first time their site got taken down for using Hot Toys content without permission.

They’ve always been just a reseller through and through.

I’m a little surprised to hear that was even a matter of speculation which makes it all the more important that Hot Toys issued that statement.

It’s very unusual for Hot Toys to make a formal statement like that. They issued it kind of quietly but I felt it was important to post it despite not really having dealings with them personally. My main concern is to prevent people from having the sorts of negative experiences I’ve heard about.

It must’ve gotten quite bad for them to talk about them publicly since they let other resellers slide.

I just hope, that after all that long for a pre-order, that PayPal may still have my back? I don't know the specifics

If you’re within 180 days, you can open a dispute. If not there’s nothing they can do unfortunately.

Last edited:
u1o7tg0xjzf91_jpg.jpg

These guys are a joke. "Your order is 100% secured, even though we don't secure product and just buy it from the open market at release like everybody else."

If you've purchased Zack through them, be prepared to try and purchase him from somewhere else right when he releases and eat whatever you already paid these guys. Prices will only go up and Toys Wonderland will string you along if they're not able to buy any themselves at a profitable price.

To be fair to them... they typically have cheaper prices over time. I purchased Iron Patriot from sideshow for around 450? Then it ended up on TW for like 240 dollars shipped... so that was an easy choice to cancel lol. Not sure how they get them so cheap but it can work out

100% agreed. And I'm willing to bet the only reason that Sephiroth shipped for most people was because word hadn't spread enough about the quality by that point. Once Cloud came out, people knew and were buying him up.

If you pre-ordered Zack from TW, keep your fingers crossed and hopes up. It might be a toss up.
This is a very good point that has my wallet freaking out.

If I don't receive my Zack 2nd class body from TW, you guys will be the first to know!! :tap:gah:I just hope, that after all that long for a pre-order, that PayPal may still have my back? I don't know the specifics as I haven't had to deal with this before (as I'm usually quite diligent about where I order from! Whoops).
Best of luck to us @BigTrunten :monkey2
Mannn I ordered Zack and the 2nd class set from them.. So I'll be screwed twice as much if they don't come through..😭😭😂🤦🏾‍♂️

It could really go either way. Zack is less popular, so there should be less demand for him, so TW may be able to source a few. But on the other hand, Zack is less popular, so they've made less of him than Cloud, so there may still not be enough to go around.

It could really go either way. Zack is less popular, so there should be less demand for him, so TW may be able to source a few. But on the other hand, Zack is less popular, so they've made less of him than Cloud, so there may still not be enough to go around.
double edged buster blade there, less popular means less demand + supply since he's mostly made to order, and with him having a bigger role in ff7 p2 and his game remake coming out, that demand is gonna skyrocket.

I'm not sure you understand what Toys Wonderland is doing. For Hot Toys, they go into retail stores and buy figures. But for everything else they have accounts, so they are able to secure orders just like other stores.

I'm not sure you understand what Toys Wonderland is doing. For Hot Toys, they go into retail stores and buy figures. But for everything else they have accounts, so they are able to secure orders just like other stores.
has nothing to do with TW specifically and everything to do with Zack's general supply. The situation posited is that TW might not fulfill orders, I stated that because GT is strictly made to order with a few extra, and he's got comparatively low demand compared to Cloud, securing him from an alternate source might be hard once ff7 2 and crisis core remake comes out.

Back