Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually that might be a good news. Maybe they saw the reaction from the VTS Cloud being too tall and decided to change theirs.

I would bet they saw the issues people had with the height and worked fast to resolve that issue, if he's shorter though it might **** with the bike, since he has to sit on it and be able to ride it, you know?

Man, would've been all over the Sephiroth maybe 10 years ago, maybe I'll try to get my hands on it later down the road.

I don't know why people think the two different figures from different companies are related, but as I said before, GameToys see that their own Cloud figure are not at an ideal proportion yet so they went back to the drawing board to tweak it and that involves casting new body molds and tailoring which is taking up the huge time. The headsculpt has to be sized appropriately too otherwise there will be a big head syndrome.

Sephiroth is easier because it only involves slight modification to the existing body they had, which is Ichigo Kurosaki from their previous releases.

It's pretty obvious that they believe the height/proportions of CLoud should be revised, most likely based on the critical slamming of the other companies Cloud, where the height was a major complaint.

Pretty common sense logic to look at what your competition is doing and do it better, more so to see what the greatest slaw was and attempt to make sure yours doesn't have that flaw.

I doubt the issue is them making the same mistake VTS did with sticking the ankle joints in the shins of the boot. That's not a problem inherent to Cloud's design that VTS failed to fix, it's a problem VTS created themselves.

I think it's more likely they're looking at fixing their version's weaker silhouette compared to the VTS one. VTS's shoulders sit higher and make him look more idealized, and helps with the tailoring of the sweater. Compared to theirs, GameToys' has slouched shoulders and the tailoring has his belt harness sitting lower on his body, extending the visual length of his torso and just generally making him look less "heroic" than VTS's take. GameToys already has the better headsculpt and that's all they'd need to change to give them the better body, too, imo.

Cloud.jpg

Yeah, always thought the VTS pants were better. They look droopy on the Game Toys. The arms could use more definition as well.

The head sculpt is spot on though.

I doubt the issue is them making the same mistake VTS did with sticking the ankle joints in the shins of the boot. That's not a problem inherent to Cloud's design that VTS failed to fix, it's a problem VTS created themselves.

I think it's more likely they're looking at fixing their version's weaker silhouette compared to the VTS one. VTS's shoulders sit higher and make him look more idealized, and helps with the tailoring of the sweater. Compared to theirs, GameToys' has slouched shoulders and the tailoring has his belt harness sitting lower on his body, extending the visual length of his torso and just generally making him look less "heroic" than VTS's take. GameToys already has the better headsculpt and that's all they'd need to change to give them the better body, too, imo.

View attachment 547926
Yeah I have no idea why people think they're adjusting because of VTS height issues. GameToys prototype didn't have the height issue that VTS did from the start. They listed Cloud as 12" and Seph at around 13", which looked correct in their photos.

They're most likely adjusting his overall proportions. Probably give him longer looking legs and wider shoulder like you pointed out to give it a more anime heroic look.

O1CN01ajJC4A22Ot56okznA__2487977111_1024x1024@2x.jpg

It's pretty obvious that they believe the height/proportions of CLoud should be revised, most likely based on the critical slamming of the other companies Cloud, where the height was a major complaint.

Pretty common sense logic to look at what your competition is doing and do it better, more so to see what the greatest slaw was and attempt to make sure yours doesn't have that flaw.
VTS created a problem for their Cloud figure, what does it concern GameToys' Cloud, which is a different company altogether?

The promo pictures of Sephiroth and Cloud already showed that they have sized the characters properly but they went back to the drawing board because they aren't satisfied with the silhouette and overall proportions. This is directly explained by someone who has inside information about GameToys.

I swear man, sometimes the figure community makes up their own headcanon despite having explicit information about it.

The promo pictures of Sephiroth and Cloud already showed that they have sized the characters properly but they went back to the drawing board because they aren't satisfied with the silhouette and overall proportions.
There was a promo picture of them shown together? Can you post it?

There was a promo picture of them shown together? Can you post it?
Actually that might be a good news. Maybe they saw the reaction from the VTS Cloud being too tall and decided to change theirs.

Yeah I have no idea why people think they're adjusting because of VTS height issues. GameToys prototype didn't have the height issue that VTS did from the start. They listed Cloud as 12" and Seph at around 13", which looked correct in their photos.

They're most likely adjusting his overall proportions. Probably give him longer looking legs and wider shoulder like you pointed out to give it a more anime heroic look.

O1CN01ajJC4A22Ot56okznA__2487977111_1024x1024@2x.jpg

I should have gone with GianToys for these back when I ordered. Used KGHobby for all of these figures and now they seem to be running slower than the other HK retailers.

Yeah.. What's up with that....
Their shipping also changed to super slow shipping
Giantoy is based in China and KGHobby is in Hong Kong.

The figures are mostly produced or released from China factories, thus most companies in China get their first dips.

I'm excited to get sephiroth this makes me more excited to get cloud I also hope we get more characters from Gametoys.

Back