Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
600$? HAHAHA I can top it!
Its 749€ for me in the EU Shop :D Oh .. and shipping ofc +13€.
Man .. thats quite a bargain!
SE are trying to place themselves in the more up-market, premium product space. That's how they see their brands and their merch section, especially.

While I don't think the chess set is worth it, the fact it is painted doesn't really bother me, because even at that price you can't surely be expecting real gold and silver, just accents here and there, I am quite guilty of buying a fair bit of the stuff that most sensible people won't. I especially like the bags and goods based around Kingdom Hearts, so if it's a nice product with the same mongram pattern, I'm kinda weak to it haha... really want the suitcase too.

I'll just leave this here....🤣
View attachment 620814
And, then we get stuff like this where the premium product price/space they try to place themselves, doesn't really work for me. It's not a terrible figure, but I somehow expected way better head sculpt. But to be fair, side angles it looks good, front facing, the head looks off. I actually liked the older PAK Zack, but when I look back that, this is still an improvement, mind you.

The thing about the chess set that’s audacious to me is that, even at that price, they still couldn’t be bothered to make the pieces all-metal and go about faking gold that way. They’re ABS and only partly die-cast, with paint thrown on. At like $700+ usd, that’s just sad.

I mean, even that one set of tabletop sized mini figs was all die-cast.

edit: it was even MORE expensive than I remembered wth

SE are trying to place themselves in the more up-market, premium product space. That's how they see their brands and their merch section, especially.

While I don't think the chess set is worth it, the fact it is painted doesn't really bother me, because even at that price you can't surely be expecting real gold and silver, just accents here and there, I am quite guilty of buying a fair bit of the stuff that most sensible people won't. I especially like the bags and goods based around Kingdom Hearts, so if it's a nice product with the same mongram pattern, I'm kinda weak to it haha... really want the suitcase too.

And, then we get stuff like this where the premium product price/space they try to place themselves, doesn't really work for me. It's not a terrible figure, but I somehow expected way better head sculpt. But to be fair, side angles it looks good, front facing, the head looks off. I actually liked the older PAK Zack, but when I look back that, this is still an improvement, mind you.
Chess can be a beautiful game and interesting as well. But you can't even play the game with it. It's just decoration, which is really ridiculous.
I never played KH3, so I dont know what significance the symbols have. For a simple dust collector its too expensive.
Hardcore collector would surely buy it.

The new PAK Zack looks okay. But the price is ridiculous as well.
Reused parts except for Headsculp and sword(?)
50% off though.. I would get him |D"

I wasn't the biggest fan of KH3 but the chessboard is involved in some interesting cutscenes that are plot-crucial so I get why it's been approached as a collectible. I could see it being reasonable at, say, £200-300, but even then I'd expect them to have mocked up some rules so it's playable even on a rudimentary level. For what it is at the moment, the money they want is completely absurd.

The pixel remaster normal price makes sense. Rough 12-15 a game which is what I think they are on steam for.

That special edition though… for near that price, you can Isaac Clarkes helmet and the game from Limited Run lol

simon cowell facepalm GIF

Craziness that its also waitlisted, meaning people were okay paying that price. If you're rich and like Final Fantasy, I guess it doesn't matter too much.
There was a reservation period for that statue, and it was extended once or twice. I don't think waiting list means it sold out.

Cute, but again, way too expensive for what it is.

Square Enix loves making their own versions of popular products, but worse and more expensive. Adorable Arts is clearly their copy of Nendoroid but they didn't quite nail the deformed chibi look, the figures just look like kids instead.

They've tried emulating Nendoroids before too, back when they were starting to become popular. Same with Bring Arts, those are figma/SHF imitators, and Static Arts are your usual Japanese 1:7 PVC statues. All low hanging fruit but with a premium price stapled on, because Square Enix.

I do sometimes wish they'd venture back into proper high end stuff, and actually treat them as high end, but then things like P1 Terra happen, where it feels like they're making it simply to mock anyone prepared to drop such an outrageous amount of money. Maybe best to leave it to third parties, at least we're seeing improvement on that front - still not perfect but it's seeming better than the deluge of medicore lewd Tifa statues for the last few years.

I honestly misread it as "Affordable Arts" and I thought Square Enix finally became aware of how overpriced their recent stuff has become lol!

I may be vocally derisive of their merch, but man can Square still make a solid game when they actually try. The demo for Theatrhythm Final Bar Line made me want to buy it on release.

Back