Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Square Enix made three different Barret PAKs. I doubt they would have bothered if he sells THAT badly.

barrets the hardest sell honestly, I know enough peopel would buy him, but probably not enough to justify a whole new bulky body like he has, he's about as tall as sephiroth, and he's almost twice as wide, that's a lot of silicon/rubber, and a whole lot of scupting and engineering to do on a body that can't be reused on anyone other than an AC Barret.
For me it's Bulls***t.
If Gametoys make a Barret, he will sell and will be sold out like all others characters.
- Gametoys never produce in large quantities.
- Those who bought the other characters will buy Barret to have the whole team.
- No matter what some people say, Barret has his audience, and to say that he won't sell is a lie (there are already several products on Barret)

I'm sure some people will change their minds when they see it, because such a figure will be impressive.

Gametoys is developing several bodies, we can even see that the last one (used with Sephiroth) has no visible joint in the wrists (and certainly in the feet?)
Achieving this feat while keeping an articulable body without cracking is not less difficult than creating a "big" body for Barret...

Iconiq Studios X TB League made a big body for Ryu, i'm sure Gametoys can do the same for Barret.
GT could even use and modify Ryu's body, who knows?
But I think its only flaw is that it would be too small in height for Barret.
C1853139-CBDC-4-A73-B2-F0-C05-C6-D6252-AC.jpg

08-AA8-A4-B-21-FF-4902-9-A1-A-ADAABFD1-EEA5.jpg

FABFB629-5325-4-C46-B009-D9-A853-BC084-F.jpg

Barret Tifa two-pack. Only way you're getting Tifa is in the two-pack.

Win win for me.
Genius, pure genius! 😂

For me it's Bulls***t.
If Gametoys make a Barret, he will sell and will be sold out like all others characters.
- No matter what some people say, Barret has his audience, and to say that he won't sell is a lie (there are already several products on Barret)

I'm sure some people will change their minds when they see it, because such a figure will be impressive.

Gametoys is developing several bodies, we can even see that the last one (used with Sephiroth) has no visible joint in the wrists (and certainly in the feet?)
Achieving this feat while keeping an articulable body without cracking is not less difficult than creating a "big" body for Barret...

Iconiq Studios X TB League made a big body for Ryu, i'm sure Gametoys can do the same for Barret.
View attachment 577494
View attachment 577495
View attachment 577496
Such a passionate point made! It's heart-warming seeing all the love for Barret in the comments. I hope it transpires over to GT!!!! C'mon... they love blowing other companies out of the water, so... Hey, Gametoys!!! You guys know there's a 1/12 Barret right? Would be a shame if they had 1/6 scale competition..... 😉
Also great point with the Iconiq Studios Ryu!! I wonder if GT were to make Barret if he would have a similar silicone body or if it would be sculpted plastic. He has his tattoo on his bicep and I'd imagine some chest hair, so sculpted would be best to paint on. But if they have new technique to paint/dye silicone bodies, I'm all ears. Seems they have it all planned with their promising prototype of Vasto Lord Ichigo. So exciting! Can't wait for some more good news. 😁

For me it's Bulls***t.

View attachment 577494
View attachment 577495
View attachment 577496
You're right. Just not sure if barret will sell as well. Also the Ryu body is a better investment as iconiq can use to for Ryu variations, ken masters, Vega, guile and more. So not just a single use body.

You're right. Just not sure if barret will sell as well. Also the Ryu body is a better investment as iconiq can use to for Ryu variations, ken masters, Vega, guile and more. So not just a single use body.
Oh god I hope they DONT reuse the shoto body for characters like Vega and guile. Guile is quite a bit taller than Ryu and ken, and Vega is taller as well as having a slender (but ripped) body.

As for Barrett: PA may have made him numerous times, but you all gotta remember their target audience is Japan and western countries. GT is aimed solely at China. There’s an unfortunate chance that Barrett just isn’t popular in China. I’m sure GT have documented sales of PA figures in China and the only units that moved are...well...Cloud, Sephiroth, aerith and Tifa. As much as I wanna get a figure of him, it will depend on whether GT invests in it or not.

I’m sure they’ve noticed how well their figures are doing internationally...so...gotta keep hoping they do get to him someday.

Last edited:
Genius, pure genius! 😂

Such a passionate point made! It's heart-warming seeing all the love for Barret in the comments. I hope it transpires over to GT!!!! C'mon... they love blowing other companies out of the water, so... Hey, Gametoys!!! You guys know there's a 1/12 Barret right? Would be a shame if they had 1/6 scale competition..... 😉
Also great point with the Iconiq Studios Ryu!! I wonder if GT were to make Barret if he would have a similar silicone body or if it would be sculpted plastic. He has his tattoo on his bicep and I'd imagine some chest hair, so sculpted would be best to paint on. But if they have new technique to paint/dye silicone bodies, I'm all ears. Seems they have it all planned with their promising prototype of Vasto Lord Ichigo. So exciting! Can't wait for some more good news. 😁
Just want to hop on the Barret train. He was always in my party in FF7 and FF7R. And I've played the original FF7 like 3 or 4 times through.

When I first got into PAK figures, even as awful as it looked, I bought the AC version of him as my third figure after Cloud and Vincent.

I love his design, this big hulking guy with a minigun for a hand. It's so absurd but so badass. From a story perspective he was the driving force of Avalanche. And he was one of the more fleshed out characters as far as backstory, going through his history with how Shinra betrayed his town.

If they're making Tifa and Aerith, I can't imagine how they can't find enough people wanting the figure, or even to just complete the FF7R set with him. The market is absolutely there.

Oh god I hope they DONT reuse the shoto body for characters like Vega and guile. Guile is quite a bit taller than Ryu and ken, and Vega is taller as well as having a slender (but ripped) body.

As for Barrett: PA may have made him numerous times, but you all gotta remember their target audience is Japan and western countries. GT is aimed solely at China. There’s an unfortunate chance that Barrett just isn’t popular in China. I’m sure GT have documented sales of PA figures in China and the only units that moved are...well...Cloud, Sephiroth, aerith and Tifa. As much as I wanna get a figure of him, it will depend on whether GT invests in it or not.

I’m sure they’ve noticed how well their figures are doing internationally...so...gotta keep hoping they do get to him someday.
i cant wait to see their chun li body. I prefer TBleague bodied figures. so their streetfighter line is a no brainer

For me it's Bulls***t.

View attachment 577494
View attachment 577495

For me it's Bulls***t.

View attachment 577494
View attachment 577495
View attachment 577496
But as Walter pointed out it's all about prioritizing other relatively more popular characters. I think we all can agree that there is a market for Barrett and that he will definitely sell. There's no doubt about it, however it's a combination of what the boss enjoys creating along with the demographics of mainly China as Walter also pointed out.

Hey I'm with you guys as I'd like to see the entire FFVII crew, but it'll ultimately come down to what the boss wants. Yes true it's definitely important and crucial to give what the fans want, but IMO if I was running GT I wouldn't want to create a specific character solely because the customers wanted it unless I thought it made sense business wise relative to what I personally want to create. I'm sure if the boss is aware of this thread that Barrett is on notice.

But as Walter pointed out it's all about prioritizing other relatively more popular characters. I think we all can agree that there is a market for Barrett and that he will definitely sell. There's no doubt about it, however it's a combination of what the boss enjoys creating along with the demographics of mainly China as Walter also pointed out.

Hey I'm with you guys as I'd like to see the entire FFVII crew, but it'll ultimately come down to what the boss wants. Yes true it's definitely important and crucial to give what the fans want, but IMO if I was running GT I wouldn't want to create a specific character solely because the customers wanted it unless I thought it made sense business wise relative to what I personally want to create. I'm sure if the boss is aware of this thread that Barrett is on notice.
A very good take, and with that being said, I'm not going to spam about Barret anymore, but I can't tell you how excited I would be if they ever do show a teaser 3D render of him :horror I think... after GT boss sees his own FFVII gang on display... he's going to realize only Barret is missing! :lol

Anyway we're not going to lie, we're all more than happy that GT is making our dreams come true with the 1/6 of FF7, with a never seen quality.
We can't thank them enough for that, it was unhoped for, I still can't believe I have perfect Cloud and Sephiroth in my collection.

But here we know that they are going to release Tifa and Aerith in addition to Cloud and Sephiroth, so to think that we could have everything and make the complete team, but not have Barret would be a real disappointment, and I know that all the fans will think the same and say: we were almost there...

That's why I wouldn't give up on Barret and I'll keep asking for him.
Of course the ideal would be GT to make it, but if it's really impossible for them, let's hope VTS toys will do it.

We can't stay with an incomplete team so close to the goal, it's like if FOC studio, the ones who make the best Saint Seiya statues, made 4 bronze knights out of 5, or 11 golden knights out of 12 :LOL: It's inconceivable

I'll be honest: if there's no Barret then I have no interest in Aerith either, I'll just stick with Cloud + Tifa. Either the whole gang or just my favorites. As for side characters like Reno, I'd prefer they tackle other FF protagonists first (Terra, Squall, Lightning, Warrior of Light). But GT should make who they like, having passion for the characters is clearly doing wonders for the figures!

A very good take, and with that being said, I'm not going to spam about Barret anymore, but I can't tell you how excited I would be if they ever do show a teaser 3D render of him :horror I think... after GT boss sees his own FFVII gang on display... he's going to realize only Barret is missing! :lol
Yup, when the boss sees cloud, Tifa, aerith, Vincent, yuffie, Cid, he’s gonna be like...I’m missing one more human character...

Yeah I’m positive we’ll get Barrett.

For me it's Bulls***t.

View attachment 577494
View attachment 577495
View attachment 577496
Understand the gametoy's mindset though, they won't settle for "good enough" and they can't partner with official companies, so the only solution would be to sculpt and design a unique body for barret only he will use, and that will have to be made in enough quantities to justify the cost, and they will only be able to make two figures with that body type. That means a 14 inch(ish) WIDE THICK body full sculpted, completely silicon or rubber.

They could definitely sell a Barret kit, but I don't think there's a single body on the market similar to his, and I don't think gametoys would want to do that.

I'll be honest: if there's no Barret then I have no interest in Aerith either, I'll just stick with Cloud + Tifa. Either the whole gang or just my favorites. As for side characters like Reno, I'd prefer they tackle other FF protagonists first (Terra, Squall, Lightning, Warrior of Light). But GT should make who they like, having passion for the characters is clearly doing wonders for the figures!
I do have a gut feeling we are going to see Squall eventually! I may be in the minority with this one, but I would love Tidus from FFX. 💙
FS8iKpjXEAEkaBO.jpeg

Understand the gametoy's mindset though, they won't settle for "good enough" and they can't partner with official companies, so the only solution would be to sculpt and design a unique body for barret only he will use, and that will have to be made in enough quantities to justify the cost, and they will only be able to make two figures with that body type. That means a 14 inch(ish) WIDE THICK body full sculpted, completely silicon or rubber.

They could definitely sell a Barret kit, but I don't think there's a single body on the market similar to his, and I don't think gametoys would want to do that.
Well said, and unfortunately this is as close to the truth as we will get regarding Barret. It all comes down to GT boss and if he wants to make Barret to complete the cast. I've been thinking lately on how Gametoys is showcasing so many prototypes, quite quickly in fact, and I'm realizing it's because they have the base bodies for most of these characters already completed. They just need to 3D design headsculpts and print and play. And you're right, GT doesn't settle for "good enough" so it feels 50/50 on whether or not we will see a perfect 1/6 Barret or nothing at all 😂

my assumption based on gt style, full silicone body with an actual hole.
they really good at creating new body for their figures, and maximize the resemblance of character,in term of body scale,body outlook. thats why gt prefer silicone body.
There is always one thing keeping me going, though... :pray:💭

I do have a gut feeling we are going to see Squall eventually! I may be in the minority with this one, but I would love Tidus from FFX. 💙
View attachment 577598

Well said, and unfortunately this is as close to the truth as we will get regarding Barret. It all comes down to GT boss and if he wants to make Barret to complete the cast. I've been thinking lately on how Gametoys is showcasing so many prototypes, quite quickly in fact, and I'm realizing it's because they have the base bodies for most of these characters already completed. They just need to 3D design headsculpts and print and play. And you're right, GT doesn't settle for "good enough" so it feels 50/50 on whether or not we will see a perfect 1/6 Barret or nothing at all 😂
pretty much, somebody will make barret, gametoys might not tackle it unless there's their ideal demand. I would wager they'd need to estimate total costs for the figure, and take a cash advance.

That said, Leon's probably a safe bet, I just hope they don't go for pleather, or offfer a non pleather option.

pretty much, somebody will make barret, gametoys might not tackle it unless there's their ideal demand. I would wager they'd need to estimate total costs for the figure, and take a cash advance.

That said, Leon's probably a safe bet, I just hope they don't go for pleather, or offfer a non pleather option.
Right? I have hope either Gametoys or VTS will take on Barret. And maybe VTS might do a better job on his headsculpt than they did with Cloud or Zack :lol And just curious, why not pleather for Leon's jacket? GT already stated that with Sephiroth, they used a type of high quality fake leather that is resistant to peeling, so I'd imagine the same material would be a used. Besides, it wouldn't have the right shine to it if it were cotton/polyester.

Before we start wishing for other characters from different games i.e. squall, Noctis, Tidus...

For once I want a string of characters from the same game to come out before they move onto its sequels or prequels.

I know nocits has been teased and I’m hyped for him...but let’s stay consistent for once.

Not knocking on GT. They’re still good in my book...but yeah, let’s complete one set first.

Back