Action Figure Final Fantasy VII Remake Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somehow, I always knew it was going to come down to me and my 3D printer for Barret…. Ah well. If GT won’t take my money for a figure of him, I’ll happily save it and make him myself xD Just need to work out the body.

The latest EA Studio Tifa statue got a lot of attention because of the pose,
even some really big live streamers and Youtubers reacted to it
and it was really easy to see why these third party companies are still releasing this stuff again and again:
there were tons of comments with tons of thumbs up like 'oh this is going to be my first statue' 'i pre ordered it and looking at it i wont regret it' etc.
So these streamers and Youtubers gave the company thousands of free clicks
and then all of these new interested people think that the final product is going to look 1:1 like the pre order pictures.

So people are okay with pre ordering like 500-800 USD products even tho the company is completely unknown
and they have no idea what a unlicensed product even is.
Also the comments were full of wrong information like 'this is a licensed statue in Japan only'. 'this looks like a high quality product made for fans'
These people are completely clueless, thats why these statue companies can do what they are doing.
And i'm not even talking about the nude stuff, whatever,
but its kind of scary how easy it is to bait people and they dont even think about how legit the product, the company and the given information really is.
There 100% will be people who are going to pay the full amount and in the worst but not unrealistic scenario
they are going to receive a completely downgraded version of that product.
Please dont trust random companies with magical high quality pre order products.

Basically none of these 8, 9, 10 statue companies so far delievered the Tifa they announced. All of them looked better in the pre order phase.
Some of them literally lied by showing head / face sculpt photos of the 'final product' which they didnt use for the actual final product ...
We really really shouldnt throw money at these companies, they dont deserve our trust at all

Last edited:
Speaking of which, there's actually another one I saw in the same pose with a better likeness.

Think there's literally around 20 different 1/4 unlicensed tifa statues at this point.

tifastat.jpg

As for myself Im sitting here like, I would buy the WHOLE FFVII team in the blink of an eye if GT released them. That being Cloud, Barret, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Cid, RedXIII, Vincent and even Cait Sith (for support XD). I understand its up to demand and therefore will most likely never happen but just imagen to own the whole 7-crew from GT! The need is intense! XD

The latest EA Studio Tifa statue got a lot of attention because of the pose,
even some really big live streamers and Youtubers reacted to it
and it was really easy to see why these third party companies are still releasing this stuff again and again:
there were tons of comments with tons of thumbs up like 'oh this is going to be my first statue' 'i pre ordered it and looking at it i wont regret it' etc.
So these streamers and Youtubers gave the company thousands of free clicks
and then all of these new interested people think that the final product is going to look 1:1 like the pre order pictures.

So people are okay with pre ordering like 500-800 USD products even tho the company is completely unknown
and they have no idea what a unlicensed product even is.
Also the comments were full of wrong information like 'this is a licensed statue in Japan only'. 'this looks like a high quality product made for fans'
These people are completely clueless, thats why these statue companies can do what they are doing.
And i'm not even talking about the nude stuff, whatever,
but its kind of scary how easy it is to bait people and they dont even think about how legit the product, the company and the given information really is.
There 100% will be people who are going to pay the full amount and in the worst but not unrealistic scenario
they are going to receive a completely downgraded version of that product.
Please dont trust random companies with magical high quality pre order products.

Basically none of these 8, 9, 10 statue companies so far delievered the Tifa they announced. All of them looked better in the pre order phase.
Some of them literally lied by showing head / face sculpt photos of the 'final product' which they didnt use for the actual final product ...
We really really shouldnt throw money at these companies, they dont deserve our trust at all
OK, so I just searched on YT and saw a big youtuber claim the statue is officially licensed... What are the chances of Square Enix going after unofficial figures now because of all the exposure this thing is getting, plus the misinformation? I hate this statue...

Yeah, Max Dood, at least according to his newest video, seemingly believed info from his chat that it's licensed in Japan. He's a good guy and a genuine FF7 fan but man I wish he'd do his research a little more sometimes.

Thats really something i dont understand. How can you be literally one of the bigger gaming live streamers
with up to date news, retro gaming, a Square Enix fanboy,
even owning statues and other merchandise and yet you dont know how to research this stuff in 2 minutes
and believe random chat comments? Like ... how? Why would you believe some single comment in a chat with 10 000 people.
And then uploading a video of all of this so that the misinformation will get to even more clueless people out there.
Yeah haha great, you made a funny clip, i get it. But this clip is giving this company free clicks and customers.
Clueless customers who have no idea what all of this means. Maximilian Dood basically supported EA Studio with this video.
He didnt even bother to correct the misinformation with some text comment or whatever.
The comment section, over 2000 comments, is full of completely wrong statements.
Thats pretty unprofessional.

Last edited:
currently there is 4 different type of jacko pose tifa make by different studio. ea studio tifa aldy sold out,300pcs if i not wrong,based on news i get from ea studio boss himself. regarding quality of statue, we cant be sure until the product release. some really do keep the quality like dragon studio sephiroth. the statue market is quite big in china too. almost everyday got new kind of statue preorder.

many fans in china ask why not a normal pose tifa?such a waste if just for jacko pose.

if some of you guys really into jacko tifa statue,just wait the ea studio one. release in 4th q this year. aldy seen the prototype video for all the tifa jacko statue,ea have the best heapsculpt.

Attachments

• IMG_0364.MP4
    4.1 MB
  • IMG_0365.MP4
    1.5 MB
Last edited:
Thats really something i dont understand. How can you be literally one of the bigger gaming live streamers
with up to date news, retro gaming, a Square Enix fanboy,
even owning statues and other merchandise and yet you dont know how to research this stuff in 2 minutes
and believe random chat comments? Like ... how? Why would you believe some single comment in a chat with 10 000 people.
And then uploading a video of all of this so that the misinformation will get to even more clueless people out there.
Yeah haha great, you made a funny clip, i get it. But this clip is giving this company free clicks and customers.
Clueless customers who have no idea what all of this means. Maximilian Dood basically supported EA Studio with this video.
He didnt even bother to correct the misinformation with some text comment or whatever.
The comment section, over 2000 comments, is full of completely wrong statements.
Thats pretty unprofessional.
the promote picture used by ea studio misguided many people that not familiar in statue/figure market. they thought japanese wording+ ff7 logo= instant licensed by SE,official product.

usually,new statue preorder process will be like below:
1. studio make prototype,and decide how many pcs should be enough.
2.prototype finish and done shooting promotion picture
3.contact retailer ,ask them spread the news.
4.create a group in qq,wechat. invite retailer,retailer invite customer to join in the group.
5.studio boss will release any picture/video regarding the prototype.
6. potential customer will communicate with boss,regarding which point that they not satisfy about,price,product details.
7.collect orders from retailer,close order, request deposit payment.
8. boss will update the figure production process. if customer not satisfy ,can cancel order. get back the deposit money.

until the product released,if the ea studio tifa can get to 90%of quality compare to the prototype,instant price hike.

currently there is 4 different type of jacko pose tifa make by different studio. ea studio tifa aldy sold out,300pcs if i not wrong,based on news i get from ea studio boss himself. regarding quality of statue, we cant be sure until the product release. some really do keep the quality like dragon studio sephiroth. the statue market is quite big in china too. almost everyday got new kind of statue preorder.

many fans in china ask why not a normal pose tifa?such a waste if just for jacko pose.

if some of you guys really into jacko tifa statue,just wait the ea studio one. release in 4th q this year. aldy seen the prototype video for all the tifa jacko statue,ea have the best heapsculpt.

Lets see if this really is the actual final product because
you can find these kind of videos for Pink Pink Studios Tifa and F4 Studios diorama set too
but the actual release didnt use the same headsculpts because the paintjob is way too detailed and costly.
Photos of one single statue doesnt mean much because its possible that all of their effort went into this one promo statue.
Remember the Play Arts Kai Tifa prototype? Yeah, all of the effort went into that prototype but not into the final release.
Its not a good idea to trust these prototype pictures. The companies hope you trust them because they want your money.
Just compare all of these pre order pictures of all these Tifa statues and then look up Youtube videos of the real product.
Basically 9 out of 10 look worse than what was shown as prototype. I think theres only one single Tifa statue
that looks exactly like the prototype and that was a 1/3 scale statue and also the most expensive one of all of them.
I dont trust these typical unlicensed sexy statue companies.

Last edited:
Lets see if this really is the actual final product because
you can find these kind of videos for Pink Pink Studios Tifa and F4 Studios diorama set too
but the actual release didnt use the same headsculpts because the paintjob is way too detailed and costly.
Photos of one single statue doesnt mean much because its possible that all of their effort went into this one promo statue.
Remember the Play Arts Kai Tifa prototype? Yeah, all of the effort went into that prototype but not into the final release.
Its not a good idea to trust these prototype pictures. The companies hope you trust them because they want your money.
Just compare all of these pre order pictures of all these Tifa statues and then look up Youtube videos of the real product.
Basically 9 out of 10 look worse than what was shown as prototype. I think theres only one single Tifa statue
that looks exactly like the prototype and that was a 1/3 scale statue and also the most expensive one of all of them.
I dont trust these typical unlicensed sexy statue companies.
agree with your point. many boss just hoping to earn 1 round with one statue,final product quality doesn't really matter. they always can open a new studio then announce another statue. and the cycle repeat itself.
they outsource it to another figure makers factory to produce their statue.

normal version of ea statue is around 2988rmb,which more expensive than the gt ac cloud +fenrir. 2988x 300pcs. 896400rmb sales.

usually the prototype is painted by pro artist. so final product definitely will have different outcome with prototype. they have to step up on quality control if they wanted good reputation.

agree with your point. many boss just hoping to earn 1 round with one statue,final product quality doesn't really matter. they always can open a new studio then announce another statue. and the cycle repeat itself.
they outsource it to another figure makers factory to produce their statue.

normal version of ea statue is around 2988rmb,which more expensive than the gt ac cloud +fenrir. 2988x 300pcs. 896400rmb sales.

usually the prototype is painted by pro artist. so final product definitely will have different outcome with prototype. they have to step up on quality control if they wanted good reputation.

Yeah thats what i hate about all of this pre order prototype stuff.
I dont have a problem with supporting third party unlicensed companies,
its fine to pay 500-2000 USD for a good 1/4 scale statue if thats your thing. Great quality is not cheap.

But it is a really big problem that a lot of these companies cant even reach the quality of their own prototypes.
They are showing you these super professional painted prototypes on their websites
and at anime convention events and so on to make people believe that thats going to be exactly how the final product is gonna look like.
And then the company realizes that they cant reach that quality because its too detailed or it would take too much time etc.
So the product gets downgraded to make it work but they wont tell the customer anything about it,
instead they are going to stay quiet and hope that the customer will just accept it.

And it was always this way, this happens with dozens of products per year but the situation never changes.
Its almost like gambling. I wish these companies would show you the actual product on day one of the pre order phase
and not some best case scenario prototype. Whats the point of showing HQ protoypes when they are never going to reach that quality later?
Its just to lure customers. It shouldnt be allowed if you ask me.

Last edited:
Tbh if they’re not going to match their prototype quality, why not just sell them unpainted? Maybe it’s not like that anymore, but I remember people LOVING getting to put their own spin on a statue. And especially ones Like That, for better or worse lol

Yeah thats what i hate about all of this pre order prototype stuff.
I dont have a problem with supporting third party unlicensed companies,
its fine to pay 500-2000 USD for a good 1/4 scale statue if thats your thing. Great quality is not cheap.

But it is a really big problem that a lot of these companies cant even reach the quality of their own prototypes.
They are showing you these super professional painted prototypes on their websites
and at anime convention events and so on to make people believe that thats going to be exactly how the final product is gonna look like.
And then the company realizes that they cant reach that quality because its too detailed or it would take too much time etc.
So the product gets downgraded to make it work but they wont tell the customer anything about it,
instead they are going to stay quiet and hope that the customer will just accept it.

And it was always this way, this happens with dozens of products per year but the situation never changes.
Its almost like gambling. I wish these companies would show you the actual product on day one of the pre order phase
and not some best case scenario prototype. Whats the point of showing HQ protoypes when they are never going to reach that quality later?
Its just to lure customers. It shouldnt be allowed if you ask me.
actually many customer did really consider it as a gambling things,by preordering it,took a risk. if not up to standard,resell it. goodQuality then keep it.

actually many customer did really consider it as a gambling things,by preordering it,took a risk. if not up to standard,resell it. goodQuality then keep it.

Yeah thats really not my thing. I just want to recieve the product that was advertised in the shop.
And not kind of the same, or almost the same. I want exactly that product.
Thats why i stopped ordering these things.
Customers shouldnt have to pray that the final release quality will match the prototype quality.
Literally taking a risk in the hope that it will not look bad. Thats stupid

Yeah thats really not my thing. I just want to recieve the product that was advertised in the shop.
And not kind of the same, or almost the same. I want exactly that product.
Thats why i stopped ordering these things.
Customers shouldnt have to pray that the final release quality will match the prototype quality.
Literally taking a risk in the hope that it will not look bad. Thats stupid
It's certainly a toss-up between pre-ordering the figure and assuring you get it, or waiting for the final product to release and possibly not being able to obtain it or paying nasty scalper prices. Like what happened with GT Cloud where the prototype sucked and the final product looked great & sold out. I think Walter's got it right and just pre-order the product if you think you might like it and if you don't like how it looks, resell. :) Sure, it's some work, but it's sort of the best way. If you have FOMO like me anyway. :monkey3

It's certainly a toss-up between pre-ordering the figure and assuring you get it, or waiting for the final product to release and possibly not being able to obtain it or paying nasty scalper prices. Like what happened with GT Cloud where the prototype sucked and the final product looked great & sold out. I think Walter's got it right and just pre-order the product if you think you might like it and if you don't like how it looks, resell. :) Sure, it's some work, but it's sort of the best way. If you have FOMO like me anyway. :monkey3

I dont have that kind of money.
I can buy maybe one or two Hot Toys products per year (300-400 USD each)
or one more expensive statue (800-1200 USD) in two years but thats it.
And i only buy from companies that i trust and most of the time
i only pre order from trusted stores that have no problem with me cancelling my order
if i dont like the final product.
So it makes no sense for me to gamble with these unlicensed 400-800 USD statues.
If we take these Tifa statues as a example and lets just say i would have pre ordered like 10 or 15 of them,
i would have been extremely disappointed with pretty much all of them
and it would have completely destroyed this hobby for me.
So theres no way that i'm going to take this risk, its not worth it.
I would think about it if there would be some fixed really high quality standard
but this whole pre order, sold out, prototype gambling stuff, nah, i'm out. Its no fun at all.

Hmm those videos of the EA Tifa face looks off to me. The eye and hair shape is wrong. The NL Tifa face looks way more accurate and I hope the GT 1/6 one is similar.

tifacomp.jpg

Last edited:
Back