Figma Alien & Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are Takeya's figures so expensive? The Hot Toys Samurai Predator was jacked up...now this Figma Predator?

I love his work and he has unique designs but what is justifying these high prices?

Miniature scale figures for larger than human scale characters, Figuarts then even smaller Figma .. Mafex I'm relying on you ol' buddy

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

I'd say his work and unique designs.:wink1:
He's probably very expensive to contract.

This. X-Plus charges out the wazoo for Sakai Godzilla sculpts even though they often turn out smaller than the average figure. But he's well-known in the community, so either his work commands a high price tag or the company thinks collectors are willing to pay more (and they do).

I'd say his work and unique designs.:wink1:
He's probably very expensive to contract.
This. X-Plus charges out the wazoo for Sakai Godzilla sculpts even though they often turn out smaller than the average figure. But he's well-known in the community, so either his work commands a high price tag or the company thinks collectors are willing to pay more (and they do).

Yeah - perhaps a bit of both.

However - there's a tipping point. These guys are WAY past it. My guess is that these will be on sale for a LONG time, and will have to be heavily discounted to clear.

They are priced past their worth - regardless of the sculptors reputation.

I had the same challenge with Narin's 2 pieces for XM - gorgeous sculpts, but (ironically) I prefer his smaller pieces and was not prepared to pay what they were asking.

At the moment, I feel this was a bit of a marketing error on FIGMA's part. Time will tell.

It’s very possible.
While I admire his work, I have zero interest in these figures.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Yeah - perhaps a bit of both.

However - there's a tipping point. These guys are WAY past it. My guess is that these will be on sale for a LONG time, and will have to be heavily discounted to clear.

They are priced past their worth - regardless of the sculptors reputation.

I had the same challenge with Narin's 2 pieces for XM - gorgeous sculpts, but (ironically) I prefer his smaller pieces and was not prepared to pay what they were asking.

At the moment, I feel this was a bit of a marketing error on FIGMA's part. Time will tell.

That's what I'm saying...I like Takeya's work and his statues are awesome but I've never really felt his prices are justified or that he had a huge "market" for his stuff. Oh well....

The Hot Toys Samurai Predator eventually did sell out...rather quickly too but I don't think they made as many as people think.

That's what I'm saying...I like Takeya's work and his statues are awesome but I've never really felt his prices are justified or that he had a huge "market" for his stuff. Oh well....

The Hot Toys Samurai Predator eventually did sell out...rather quickly too but I don't think they made as many as people think.

His designs are very popular from the original alien pile statue years ago to the first samurai predator, the Star Wars samurai armor for Darth Vader he designed for Yoshi-toku (had to hyphenate to avoid getting censored 😂), the stormtrooper helmet, the whole Star Wars movie realization line, not to mention his shin Godzilla....his work is not only very classically Japanese, But has that touch of popular culture and its little nuances of what makes each of those characters so unique that he knows so well that makes it work just enough to be inspired and familiar at the same time...Giger always liked when another artist put their spin on his work vs just copying it ... and takeya does just that ...puts his spin.

His designs are very popular from the original alien pile statue years ago to the first samurai predator, the Star Wars samurai armor for Darth Vader he designed for Yoshi-toku (had to hyphenate to avoid getting censored ��), the stormtrooper helmet, the whole Star Wars movie realization line, not to mention his shin Godzilla....his work is not only very classically Japanese, But has that touch of popular culture and its little nuances of what makes each of those characters so unique that he knows so well that makes it work just enough to be inspired and familiar at the same time...Giger always liked when another artist put their spin on his work vs just copying it ... and takeya does just that ...puts his spin.

Oh that's interesting...I didn't know that he inspired the whole "Samurai/Meisho" Movie Realization line that Tamashii has been doing with Star Wars and Marvel. I guess it's a good thing they don't have him doing the designs or they'd be ridiculously priced! Also didn't know he did the Shin Godzilla design. I just always knew him for his Alien/Predator design but sounds like he's done more than that! Thanks for enlightening me.

I finally picked up the Takeya xeno and I am so glad I did. Love takeyas work and this is no exception
5CE67DCB-5B72-4333-AE5C-DC1FD7905A89.jpegED890F2B-2F77-4AA5-8BEA-63C5EF862234.jpeg3958F9E3-91A7-4DB0-AE05-4D1A4AFC09F3.jpeg3B18E8BD-A471-496F-93AC-26A3F90B9A39.jpeg

Should be getting the Alien figure here soon, and hope to get the Predator as well.

Will go alongside my Samurai Predator from Hot Toys very well!

Good Smile Company Moderoid 1/12 Scale 9” Aliens Power Loader with Ripley model kit.

FJD8qq9X0AEVKTQ
FJD8qrNWUAIWAx0
FJD8qrlWYAIpbrT
FJD8qr0XMAg1ftI

It's now up for preorder.

"From the classic 1986 movie Aliens comes a 1/12 scale plastic model of the machine used in the battle against the Alien Queen, the Power Loader! The hydraulic cylinders extend and retract in conjunction with the models arm and leg parts. Using an internal gear system, the claws can also be opened and closed. The wiring cables have been recreated with soft tube material.

A plastic model kit of Ellen Ripley herself is included so you can display her in the Power Loader! Ripley is also articulated, making it easy to display her moving in tandem with the power loader. Water-slide decals to recreate the markings of the machine are also included."

1fa1a3a9-fa60-4a16-bee4-ca8fc8018513.jpg
2c6ab6de-22a7-4294-8c57-31d6955b213e.jpg
3da95866-d3e5-4779-a98f-ad9f88f722fa.jpg

Back