Facepool FP006 - WWII US 101st Airborne Private - Ryan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the DiD Ryan figure looks closer to Matt Damon, I may just pre-order him too.

I tend to pick up whichever version is released first, in order not to miss out on the character if the other company decides not to release him.

So I also picked up the FP Upham w/Mellish head and the uniform set but when I saw the DiD version announced, I ended up pre-ordering it as well. I'll end up keeping whichever version I prefer and sell off the other.

Facepool does include some great looking display bases and their outfits and accessories are top-notch, as well. I think that for me, the bottom line is the head sculpt. Which ever looks best, I'll tend to keep. So far, DiD has been leading in that department, although FP's is by no means bad.

I got into the SPR line(s) with the DiD Caparzo figure. I then picked up the FP Miller figure, as I had missed out on DiD's version. FP's is fantastic but I preferred the DiD head sculpt. I ended up finding a DiD Miller figure as well so most likely the FP Miller will be sold. I'm also thinking of taking the best of both and selling off the rest. Unsure yet.

I'm not much into selling stuff. I have but not something I enjoy doing. On the positive side it's made me very selective in what I purchase. The majority of the things I've purchased that have underwhelmed me I've found ways to enjoy. The Upham, for example, I love all the accessories. Those can be used on other figures, or in diorama-esque projects. I tend to use the sculpts as paint practice or other projects. I think I get more joy from tinkering with these figures than just buying and putting them in a cabinet. Price withstanding of course.

I have been a very selective buyer when it comes to 1/6 figures so selling off any part of the collection is always a difficult process. But I have done a few "purges" over the years that have freed up not only much needed display space but provided a better/cleaner display of what is kept. Let's not forget the nice recuperation of funds. I've been blessed to be able to purchase quite an impressive number of figures but have gotten to the point that I have dozens still in their boxes, simply because of a lack of display space.

To be honest, while I still enjoy the hobby, I've been contemplating for some time on my eventual exiting from the hobby. My purchases have definitely dropped lately and I can already foresee the next "purge" coming soon. The ones that tend to stay are usually those that have been upgraded, updated or kit-bashed, as they end up meaning more to me.

Resurrecting an old thread with some custom work to Miller and Ryan!

- Painted a Ryan headsculpt I purchased unpainted online to replace the DiD version.
- Swapped out the Miller DiD vest with the Facepool version
- Heavy weathering pass over both figures (uniforms, helmets, faces, equipment, etc)

SavingPrivateRyan_01.jpg

SavingPrivateRyan_02.jpg

Back