Facepool FP004B 1/6 Scale US 29th Infantry Technician (Cpl. Upham)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get that. Just wished that Ryan was saved for last. For once a team feels like it's going to be completed. When the name sake of a line is presented it usually means the end of the line. If Wade had been announced Ryan would surely follow. Ryan being shown leaves things up in the air.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting these pics, Rambler.

I think Mellish and Ryan look good. Mellish looks great without the helmet.

If that is supposed to be Upham in the third pic down, I would never have guessed it. That looks nothing like him. The prototype captured the actor better. Not 100% but at least recognizable. I hope they work on Upham's sculpt or this could be a disappointing release.

I was just invoiced by Giantoy for this Upham Deluxe set.

Now I just need Facepool to release their "WWII US Ranger Accessory set" in order to complete Mellish.

I forgot to mention that Upham was shipped last week and arrived in NY yesterday. Shouldn't be too long before he is in hand. This is the deluxe with the Mellish head sculpt.

Upham (and Mellish sculpt) arrived early this morning.

Facepool and DID have done a fantastic job in providing us with the SPR squad and their uniforms and gear (kit) are second to none.

The body appears to be a little too tall but definitely thinner/lankier than a regular body, so that helps capturing the character's features better.

Getting to the main item for me, the head sculpts, they are both easily recognizable but not a "Honey, I shrunk the kids..." in scale of accuracy.

I think that the paint apps, while fair, are what keeps them from really shining. I think a repaint would bring out the good sculpts underneath. Just look at Facepool's Major Winters prototype and release photos to see the difference.

Below are a few of my Pulitzer Prize winning photography examples of the items in their foam beds and the head sculpts themselves. I tried to show different angles of the sculpts.

All in all, very happy to continue building my SPR squad. Can't wait for either FP or DID to release Medic Wade and have the completed squad:

Upham 2 sm.jpg

Upham 3 sm.jpg

Upham 4 sm.jpg

Upham 5 sm.jpg

Upham 6 sm.jpg

Mellish 1 sm.jpg

Mellish 2 sm.jpg

Mellish 3 sm.jpg

Great mini-review it's definitely not bad, I'm still going to wait for the did version they teased a month or so ago on BBICN, see how theirs comes out.

Thank you.

Did "DID" provide any photos? I'm curious to see their version of the head sculpt.
They uploaded a picture with the 29th ID patch saying something along the lines of "Coming next in rangers series" there was also a confirmation of a ryan 2.0 as well.

They uploaded a picture with the 29th ID patch saying something along the lines of "Coming next in rangers series" there was also a confirmation of a ryan 2.0 as well.
Cool! To be honest, I've mostly preferred the DID head sculpts to the Facepool ones, so far. In particular the paint applications.

I pre-ordered the Facepool Ryan, which looks very good in the photos, as I didn't want to miss out on a Ryan, if DiD were to not release a new version. I like the FP / DiD competition on these figures but it can get frustrating not knowing if one or the other will release a character's figure.

I modded an old hand to better hold the cigarette. Will put the cigarette in tomorrow after the glue dries a bit. Otherwise, here’s upham. Crappy phone pics that can’t get a decent pic in detolf because of the lighting.
161C7573-4321-4E42-AF9B-2467ACFB947A.jpeg

AF5CDBA1-D9DD-4144-B778-F44C8578D780.jpeg

B9E9C543-75BB-4C2F-84F8-AAA8F25F7544.jpeg

Very cool! I like the pose that you gave him, too.

Looks like we just need Medic Wade and Ryan himself and we'll be good to go.

There's just something about the head sculpt that seems off, to me. Not sure if it is the eyes or those eyebrows or a combination of both.

The farther away shots look better. Definitely a miss on this one. The previous FP releases haven't been great, but better than this one. Funny, since this one had a better likeness from the get go. The hair looks terrible.

They definitely tried to copy this photo of him. While I do see the resemblance, there's just something throwing it off, for me. I think a repaint would bring out the best of that sculpt.

upham.jpg

Back