1/6 Facepool - FP012A/B U.S. Airborne Division E Company Lieutenant (Band of Brothers - Buck Compton)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonderful to see that FacePool is moving forward with "Band of Brothers" figures.

As I mentioned in the other thread, it may not be accurate to the "Breaking Point" episode but great to be getting any figure from BoB.

compton breaking point GIF.gif

Wonderful to see that FacePool is moving forward with "Band of Brothers" figures.

As I mentioned in the other thread, it may not be accurate to the "Breaking Point" episode but great to be getting any figure from BoB.
He wore that overcoat in the "Bastogne" episode and not "The Breaking Point", correct?

Ah! Could be. Will need to check. Hopefully he has his Airborne jumpsuit underneath the overcoat and his jump boots as an option.
Comment that to Facepool on their socials - they do seem to listen when people give feedback. If enough of ask for it, it can happen. I’ll hit them up on Instagram tonight. Maybe I’ll see if I can remember my Facebook password. Haven’t been on that one in about three years now.

1673396886150.png

1673396940871.png

1673396977281.png

Is it just me, or is the hair color totally wrong? I don't know if Lynn Compton had more of a brown color in real life, but I know the Band of Brothers show prided itself on casting actors who looked as much like the soldiers as possible. As such, I'd imagine Buck was more blonde than brown. This feel like the Hot Toys special - making lighter hair much darker than it should be. The Captain Marvel figure is a good example if needed.

View attachment 617449
View attachment 617450
View attachment 617451

Is it just me, or is the hair color totally wrong? I don't know if Lynn Compton had more of a brown color in real life, but I know the Band of Brothers show prided itself on casting actors who looked as much like the soldiers as possible. As such, I'd imagine Buck was more blonde than brown. This feel like the Hot Toys special - making lighter hair much darker than it should be. The Captain Marvel figure is a good example if needed.
You are correct. Those pics of the head sculpt definitely have too dark of a hair color. Hopefully they are just prototypes that are still being worked on and the color will be lightened further than just highlights.

Correct. This one will have the uniform more commonly worn during market garden.
That’s too bad. I would have liked to be able to have all my Band of Brothers figures in their Carentan look. I’ll have to see if there’s an extra uniform out there somewhere from the Winters set.

I like the look of this one. I prefer the M43 uniform to the M42 that's usually portrayed in 1/6.

Not sure on the likeness yet, but they captured Neal McDonough's piercing eyes.

He's a long way off though:

Facepoolfigure
Yes more photos will be available next week when preorder is open, actual release date is probably Q4 2023 to Q1 2024

Oh yeah this is good. Likesness for sure needs work.

Two complaints, the gloves are terrible they look like exact copies of the old DML molded glove hands that would always break and the ammo pouch looks too small and undefined.

Coats my favourite thing about it but could use a little bit better tailoring.

Change the boots to corcorans and you got a Market Garden version.

They've addressed the big complaint about the Thompson magazine pouches being too short (they almost look like pistol mag pouches):

Facepoolfigure
Philip Donnelly thanks for pointing it out, this is for short mag but we will revise in production.

He's a long way off though:

Facepoolfigure
Yes more photos will be available next week when preorder is open, actual release date is probably Q4 2023 to Q1 2024
Facepool never hits their deadlines. I remember Winters took forever to come out. I actually just cancelled my Punisher figure last week from Facepool because I was tired of waiting for it, it was supposed to release six months ago.

If they're saying Q1 2024 - you can probably bet it'll be out in September 2024.

I've slowed down my 1/6 figure purchases recently. I still have a number of pre-orders either floating out there or in route to me but I will say that I can definitely be patient with Facepool if they are going to provide us with a "Band of Brothers" series of figures. Still one of, if not the favorite television series of all time, for me. "The Pacific" and "From the Earth to the Moon" follow closely. So looking forward to "Masters of the Air"!

I've slowed down my 1/6 figure purchases recently. I still have a number of pre-orders either floating out there or in route to me but I will say that I can definitely be patient with Facepool if they are going to provide us with a "Band of Brothers" series of figures. Still one of, if not the favorite television series of all time, for me. "The Pacific" and "From the Earth to the Moon" follow closely. So looking forward to "Masters of the Air"!
Yes. Band of Brothers is a line I'm willing to wait for. I've reached the point that Clone Troopers and Lord of the Rings are my collecting focus. I'd be happy to add Band of Brothers to that list. Such a memorable series. Well produced and expertly acted.

Back