1/6 Facepool - FP012A/B U.S. Airborne Division E Company Lieutenant (Band of Brothers - Buck Compton)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandomHero

Super Freak
Reaction score
1651596265064.jpeg

It’s finally happening!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I certainly hope so! There didn't seem to be many others hounding them on the socials for me, I was trying to comment asking for more when I could, so hopefully others will join in and show them we want more. I would love for them to make Spiers, Nixon and Lipton too, and then some enlisted men.

From the looks of it, this looks like a Battle of the Bulge version of Compton. Sculpt looks good, which has never been a problem for Facepool, usually it's their paint that's a bit lacking. Still, it matches that photo pretty well, so I wonder if this is going to be Winter Buck.

Wonder what ever happened to this. They revealed that sculpt over seven months ago now, kind of looked like it just needed paint. Didn't realize what a snail's pace Facepool moves at, if this is still even happening.

Kind of surprising that DiD or Facepool haven't prioritized Band of Brothers more. The Saving Private Ryan guys seem to have done pretty well. This feels like a money pit for military collectors.

If they were to do Don Malarky and Skip Muck it would be a fantastic excuse to do a mortar team.

I don’t really need every character, but Roe, Buck, Malarkey and Spiers would round out my collection nicely, along with Winters.

I have Winters. I’ll get Buck. I’d also get Spiers, Nixon, Lipton, Randleman, Malarkey, Guarnere, Roe, Shifty, Luz, Christensen, and Sink. Can’t imagine I’d be the only squad builder.

I'd wager there would be a larger market for a progressive set of very good headsculpts.

To be honest, there isn't much variation in the gear for most of these guys. Luz has a pack radio, so that's interesting. Randleman would be a possible bigger body type. Doc Roe has some push/pull because medics can be interesting if done right, but sets with expansive medical kits have been released before.

That's the thing. If someone tries to do a full run of the Band of Brothers boxed figures, and then another brand like Redman does a small series set of headsculpts, if the sculpts are done right, it's hard to see the boxed sets winning out. There is a lot of saturation of existing American WW2 1/6th gear out there.

I'll pick up every single BoB figure released.

The head sculpts have to be bang-on, though. Aside from Doc Roe, the others will basically look identical aside from the head sculpts. (unless they depict different time frames; D-Day, Market Garden, Bastogne, Eagle's Nest...)

EDIT: After thinking further, I hope that they all include their D-Day uniforms and gear, just in case we want to display them all together in the same time-frame. At least the Carentan time-frame which would be minus the parachutes and some other items, in order to keep the price down. They can add the other time-frame gear if they wish.

Last edited:
This is interesting and I didn't see anyone mention this, but on the Facepool Instagram they posted these with the tags paratroopers, band of brothers.
Screenshot_20230105-191347_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20230105-191329_Instagram.jpg

They are winter shoe pacs, a first in 1:6 outside of the old DML rubber ones.

This points towards these being Battle of the Bulge depictions most likely. Although, I'm not sure which character is being teased here as most of them, Buck included, were still wearing their boots they jumped with.

Perhaps, they are foregoing accuracy in favor of giving us a more unique piece?

Great find, ArtDamage.

I'm just glad to see that Facepool is moving forward with the line.

I had previously mentioned that I hoped that they all had the same type of uniforms so that they could be displayed within the same time-frame. Now I'm just hoping we get them, period.

Facepoolfigure

star_filled_24_fds-gray-70.png
Favourites · 7 h ·

The winter in Ardennes is cold, that's why we want the soldier to get proper insulation from head to toe before sending him to the field.
See you after Chinese New Year!

f0.jpg
f1.jpg
f2.jpg
f4.jpg

Sculpted gloves. Much better than the fabric ones DID makes for their bendy hands, which are not only oversized and too long in the fingers, but the hands can't even grip things properly.

Back