Facepool 1/6 101st Airborne Platoon Leader (Band of Brothers Richard Winters)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Utah

I learned to hate you in the last 10 years
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Preorder soon. Looks amazing so far.
FB_IMG_1591796190550.jpg
FB_IMG_1591796192475.jpg
FB_IMG_1591796194910.jpg
FB_IMG_1591796196697.jpg

So much better than DiD’s from a few years back. Great series, don’t know if I really need this figure though.

Greatest show ever made.

Been waiting a long time for an upgrade to the DiD. Instant PO.

Greatest show ever made.

Movie or TV series, BoB is for me the greatest war story ever told. So many favourite scenes/moments, but I especially love the one where Winters tells Guarnere he's not a Quaker... the assault on the German battery... Winters leading the charge against a German company that turned out to be two companies...

Damn, maybe I will have to get this figure after all...

Greatest show ever made.

Movie or TV series, BoB is for me the greatest war story ever told. So many favourite scenes/moments, but I especially love the one where Winters tells Guarnere he's not a Quaker... the assault on the German battery... Winters leading the charge against a German company that turned out to be two companies...

Agreed on all counts!!! :exactly::goodpost:

It's almost a yearly watch for me around Memorial Day weekend.

Yup, great scenes. Whole show is damn fantastic. The way they handle death with first the laundry scene then the choir pews, the portrayal of the Germans, character arcs of Blithe/Roe/Bull/Buck/Webber/Spiers/etc... one of the most comprehensive views of war imaginable all tied together beautifully. Every episode had multiple iconic scenes to me.

I couldn't resist. I rewatched the 2nd and 3rd episodes last night. Does anyone else remember how they reacted first time to David 'Friends' Schwimmer as Herbert Sobel? Great casting :lol

I couldn't resist. I rewatched the 2nd and 3rd episodes last night. Does anyone else remember how they reacted first time to David 'Friends' Schwimmer as Herbert Sobel? Great casting :lol

I was thinking about this the other day. He did a damn good job. Who would have ever thought the goof ball from friends could play an ******* so well.

I get somewhat emotional over certain things in life or in movies. The first time I watched BOB and they were interviewing Richard Winters at the end of that episode. His grandson asked him if he was a hero in the war. He said, No, but I served in a company of heroes. Damn that got me right in the feelz.

You can get a pretty good idea about a persons character by how others view them. He must have been a great man because other than Sobel (and the Germans) he was revered by all.

Last edited:
I remember watching the series when it first aired. It was every Sunday night. Unlike today when one can binge watch, there's something special about having to wait a week for the next episode. I would spend the week between just mulling over the watched episode and that particular amazing story. By the time we got to the last episode, I didn't want it to end. It had sucked me in and it was like I was part of Easy Co. and knew those people. Nothing since has had the same effect.

I thought "The Pacific" was fantastic but it had a different format set more towards just certain individuals and their particular stories. Great as well but just not the same. Plus BoB was first and that impact can't be topped.

BoB is truly one of the best series of any kind ever produced.
What always struck is how nuanced and impartial the series is. It doesn't try to paint a simple story of heroes versus baddies, but never fails to be clear about which was the right side. I was especially impressed with the last episode, when it's the (defeated) German commander who gives the rousing speech.
Fantastic series.

Slightly off topic, but I'm also impressed by how this site won't let you write ****...

Thanks to this thread I've rewatched BoB and I now 'need' this figure. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but it's been a long time since I last PO'd.

Back