Expanding the Sideshow DC Comics 1:6 line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallah

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I have recently picked up most of the Sideshow DC Comics 1:6 line. I have:

Batman
Superman
Green Lantern
Flash
Wonder Woman
Lobo
Catwoman
Joker
Harley

Does that pretty much cover all the characters they have brought out or did I miss any?

I am also looking for suggestions to supplement the line with other comic inspired third-party figures. I know that Two-Face is coming from both Daftoys & Mtoys... but outside of him, I don't know of any others that are strictly comic-inspired (not really looking for ones based on movie or tv looks).

Any suggestions?

Sallah

There’s 4 versions of Sideshow Batman. Three of Joker. Two of Superman and an updated version of Harley on the way. I can’t think of any comic inspired third party figures available other than the Red Son Batman. Soosoo Toys tv show Nightwing looks very good and could pass as a comic version almost and with a couple changes their Superboy would too.

yea like Coco said, 4 versions of batman (original blue, Gotham Knight black, Classic darker blue, Classic noir grayscale) and 3 Jokers (original killing joke style, newer Classic and Noir classic grayscale), 2 Superman (original with 3 sculpts and newer Classic version) and 2 Harleys (original with corset and new Classic version).

So I have recently picked up most of the Sideshow DC Comics 1:6 line. I have:

Batman
Superman
Green Lantern
Flash
Wonder Woman
Lobo
Catwoman
Joker
Harley

Does that pretty much cover all the characters they have brought out or did I miss any?

I am also looking for suggestions to supplement the line with other comic inspired third-party figures. I know that Two-Face is coming from both Daftoys & Mtoys... but outside of him, I don't know of any others that are strictly comic-inspired (not really looking for ones based on movie or tv looks).

Any suggestions?

Sallah

To answer the question of your thread: Yeah, right....

Just like HT, they currently have Marvel-itis. Maybe vaccines are incoming. They had the 1/6 DC license a full year or 2 before the Marvel and their Marvel offerings are still more diverse.

I’d like to see a Bizarro and a good, classic looking Green Arrow from SS sooner rather than later. I don’t think there’s a huge unbalance in the DC verses Marvel 1/6 products from them though.

Ugh it kills me that DC gets the shaft so much over marvel but what I?d personally like to see is
Nightwing
Tim drake robin
Two face
Kid flash or Wally west flash
Any green lantern
Superboy
Starfire
Cyborg

I know I?m missing a few but that?s my main ones

Personally, I'd like:
Classic Aquaman
and then main villains
Lex Luthor in a kryptonite powered suit
Bizzaro
Metallo (since they already included his head with the Supes V1)
Sinestro
Classic Black Manta
Cheetah
Reverse Flash

From his spot on DC Fandome, it sounded more like he’ll be continuing the 1/6 movie statue line since he showed the Pattinson Batman statue and said they’ll also be making a Dwayne Johnson Black Adam. I don’t think they’re bringing back the 13” figures from the olden days. I actually like the movie 1:6 line, so I’m happy to hear/hope that it’s continuing

Got it thanks.
I would be down for another player in the 1:6 DC Comicbook figure market. My statue scale is 1:4
Yea for sure. I know a lot of ppl don’t like the sideshow figures. I do but only after I put a bunch of work into them. They aren’t worth what SS charges by any means. It sucks that they had nothing new to show at either SDCC or NYCC. I was hoping for a new Catwoman to be revealed and Green Lantern. I know this isn’t the marvel section, but with how popular their Xmen figures are, I thought we’d at least see the first female 1/6 Xmen figure but we didn’t get any 1/6 reveals from them this year it seems.

if a company charges Hot Toys prices for figures that collectors have to put a “bunch of work” into, there is a good reason that they are universally disliked.

I want The Spectre.

5qzu1e.gif

+

5qzsnk.gif

Last edited:
if a company charges Hot Toys prices for figures that collectors have to put a “bunch of work” into, there is a good reason that they are universally disliked.
I agree to a certain extent. Hot Toys figures aren’t perfect either though and there are of TON of customizers who rip apart and do a ton of work on HT figures as well. They just aren’t as vocal about how “bad” a figure is as folks are with SS figures. In my opinion, collectors lean more towards them b/c of the amazing production paint apps more than anything else. I’ve been customizing my figures since I got into the 1/6 hobby over 10years ago and that includes HT figures. That doesn’t make me dislike them or any other brand. If you (a collector) don’t know any better, you’ll think nearly all figures are good right out of the box. Sideshow might be “universally disliked” in these type of places, but this forum isn’t the center of the 1/6 world. There are plenty of ppl outside of this forum and the Facebook groups who love the Sideshow figures as they are which is why they still sell out and why Sideshow does new production runs of previously sold out figures.

I agree to a certain extent. Hot Toys figures aren’t perfect either though and there are of TON of customizers who rip apart and do a ton of work on HT figures as well. They just aren’t as vocal about how “bad” a figure is as folks are with SS figures. In my opinion, collectors lean more towards them b/c of the amazing production paint apps more than anything else. I’ve been customizing my figures since I got into the 1/6 hobby over 10years ago and that includes HT figures. That doesn’t make me dislike them or any other brand. If you (a collector) don’t know any better, you’ll think nearly all figures are good right out of the box. Sideshow might be “universally disliked” in these type of places, but this forum isn’t the center of the 1/6 world. There are plenty of ppl outside of this forum and the Facebook groups who love the Sideshow figures as they are which is why they still sell out and why Sideshow does new production runs of previously sold out figures.
With Hot Toys customizers are usually trying to go from GOOD to GREAT…with Sideshow they are going from BAD to DECENT. Sideshow figures sell out because the masses out there who don’t frequent sites like this one don’t know any better. One day they get a look at their first Hot Toy and never look back.
Like what you like, but anyone who doesn’t recognize that as far as 1/6 scale figures go, Sideshow is producing a sub par product, simply does not know any better. Sorry.

With Hot Toys customizers are usually trying to go from GOOD to GREAT…with Sideshow they are going from BAD to DECENT. Sideshow figures sell out because the masses out there who don’t frequent sites like this one don’t know any better. One day they get a look at their first Hot Toy and never look back.
Like what you like, but anyone who doesn’t recognize that as far as 1/6 scale figures go, Sideshow is producing a sub par product, simply does not know any better. Sorry.
The fact is, there are plenty of subpar HT figures as well with the only thing going for them is the lifelike paintwork. If it were true that once you get your first HT you never look back then there wouldn't be many collectors on this board and the Facebook groups (and probably not on socials) who still buy both HT and Sideshow figures, my self included. The 1/6 world goes beyond this forum and the Facebook groups and the Sideshow figures sell out regardless if you think the they are bad or not. There are plenty of ppl who like them as they are and that's ok. With that said, you're obviously set in your way of thinking, and we're all entitled to our opinions. I'm not going to argue with you about what's good and what's bad. Those types of debates are always pointless.

Last edited:
Back