EXO-6 Star Trek "Voyager" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a few shots of mine. As said before, articulation is pretty limited, but you can still pull off some pretty sexy and elegant poses which is all I was really after. And while the sculpt is a bit of a caricature it still works well enough for me.

After seeing this figure teased way back in the QMX days, it's so great to finally have it in hand.

20230313_191948 (2).jpg

20230313_191026 (2).jpg

20230313_190853 (2).jpg

20230313_191331 (2).jpg

It’s definitely the hair that throws it off but also something about the expression. Just doesn’t quite look right.

My opinion is they put so much time into the special body that the sculpt seems to have taken a bit of a backseat.

It’s definitely the hair that throws it off but also something about the expression. Just doesn’t quite look right.

My opinion is they put so much time into the special body that the sculpt seems to have taken a bit of a backseat.

I think it's something to do with the lips. Cover those up and the likeness becomes a whole lot stronger.

She looks all around fantastic.

My only nit to pick, if I had to pick a nit, would be the overly puffy look to the bottom of her eyes. Its like she hasn't slept for days.
Overall, the sculpts looks "squished"/ elongated (hair too puffy, forehead too high, jaws and cheeks too long). The lips seem to be pursed, making them stick out. Agree about the puffy eyes. Seven looks like she hasn't regenerated in a couple days, working on something in stellar cartography too long. Jeri Ryan's eyes are a bit more wide open. Also agree about focusing too much on the body and not the portrait. But when will Trek get this kind of merchandise again?

My take on this is that the sculpt was working from lots of different angles but not enough back and forth from a level height. Putting together my own photo and some promo shots, I’ve lined up as best I can. The photo I took is pretty accurate to the middle image (the left one is slightly tilted down), avoiding distortion and I believe that the main issues are the eyes being slightly too high (a tad puffy) and the jawline simply not being chiselled enough, which gives that long face appearance. I also think the smile is slightly off with the upturned corners and the size of the Borg implant just lends further to making her face look thinner.

I do like this piece and I appreciate all the work that the 3D sculptors do but I also think that early constructive criticism should be taken onboard, as it’s all fixable.

Attachments

• 2CA603CD-211F-45E9-9C48-A8EF58B2B878.jpeg
    2CA603CD-211F-45E9-9C48-A8EF58B2B878.jpeg
    381.9 KB · Views: 0
7 is in the house. Overall, a very nice piece but I do think there are niggles. The belt is far too finicky. I mean it barely fits her waist - I do worry it’ll degrade over time/reuse - and then once you have the accessories on, you’ve not much choice but to raise the height of the grabber stand. My phaser holster already came with a paint scratch, so not risking any more rubbing by keeping the holder lower.

I’m honestly concerned about posing this thing. As has been mentioned, very tight joints but I just don’t know how well the suit/body will hold up over time, so may just keep her in this relaxed state.

Not that I’m sure Exo browse these forums anymore (plus we all know how they take criticism, regardless of whether it’s constructive or not) but I’ve attached photos for QC. Shame the packaging was dinged up but for the most part everything else is fine.

7 is in the house. Overall, a very nice piece but I do think there are niggles. The belt is far too finicky. I mean it barely fits her waist - I do worry it’ll degrade over time/reuse - and then once you have the accessories on, you’ve not much choice but to raise the height of the grabber stand. My phaser holster already came with a paint scratch, so not risking any more rubbing by keeping the holder lower.

I’m honestly concerned about posing this thing. As has been mentioned, very tight joints but I just don’t know how well the suit/body will hold up over time, so may just keep her in this relaxed state.

Not that I’m sure Exo browse these forums anymore (plus we all know how they take criticism, regardless of whether it’s constructive or not) but I’ve attached photos for QC. Shame the packaging was dinged up but for the most part everything else is fine.
Can the sleeves be adjusted to cover the wrist pegs, or are they too short?

To me it seems like a lot of time was focused on the body when that raised the price and complicated things and is only able to be used once and never again. That just seems like a lot of resources on that one aspect of the figure.

The sculpt feels like it was approved fairly early on and didn’t get much of a second pass and was deemed good enough.

Can the sleeves be adjusted to cover the wrist pegs, or are they too short?
To me, they cannot be adjusted and sit above the wrist pegs. The suit is almost meticulous in its crafting, with everything form-fitting and no room for adjustments. You’ll notice here I have one sleeve raised a bit more than the other. I’m not sure why, as both arms are relaxed the same way. I don’t want to get too hands on with it because it’ll likely cause rubbing against the fabric. I can only assume they designed it this way to make hand-swapping less of a chore.

Attachments

• E07E5704-5901-403F-98DD-BC1A4326C903.jpeg
    E07E5704-5901-403F-98DD-BC1A4326C903.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
I passed on Janeway for the exact same reason as this sculpt, even though I'm a big Voyager fan: it looks cartoony.

Could never get past that with Janeway. Will be interested to see how the final sculpts of other females turn out. From the glimses I've seen, Torres will be cartoony too.

Like others have said - maybe too much time developing the body (which is excellent) and dropped the ball on the sculpt. There's no two ways about it, it's weak.

I think the Chakotay sculpt looks absolutely fantastic. So glad he didn't start with that one because I'd have no choice but to buy them all.

I passed on Janeway for the exact same reason as this sculpt, even though I'm a big Voyager fan: it looks cartoony.

Could never get past that with Janeway. Will be interested to see how the final sculpts of other females turn out. From the glimses I've seen, Torres will be cartoony too.

Like others have said - maybe too much time developing the body (which is excellent) and dropped the ball on the sculpt. There's no two ways about it, it's weak.

I think the Chakotay sculpt looks absolutely fantastic. So glad he didn't start with that one because I'd have no choice but to buy them all.
Seven's hairline definetely starts a bit too high on the forehead. Over all she's less cartoony then Janeway. Also her suit and figure look fantastic on the shelf despite some what limited articulation. I completely agree Janeway looks a tad cartoony but despite that I really like her. I'm ending up with way more Voyager figures then I ever planned on. I am a bit curious why they seem to nail some likenesses ( Q, Sisko and what looks like Chakotay) but lean a bit toward caricature with the females.....

Chakotay doesn't look any less cartoony to me. Especially with the squished in head they gave him.

But I've made my peace a while ago with these sculpts not being HT quality. And so far the only one that's come close to being a realistic sculpt is Mirror Sulu. Everything else is just different levels of cartoony.

I don’t see them all that way personally. Some are better than others. Sulu is probably their best. Q is also good. I also like Kirk and Spock from TMP and Sisko is good too.

The weaker efforts to me were the earlier ones. I think they also struggle with women sculpts/paint apps for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Seven's hairline definetely starts a bit too high on the forehead. Over all she's less cartoony then Janeway. Also her suit and figure look fantastic on the shelf despite some what limited articulation. I completely agree Janeway looks a tad cartoony but despite that I really like her. I'm ending up with way more Voyager figures then I ever planned on. I am a bit curious why they seem to nail some likenesses ( Q, Sisko and what looks like Chakotay) but lean a bit toward caricature with the females.....
I learned many years ago that people have their uncanny valley senses set differently. What I see as cartoony, somone else may think is an amazing sculpt. It's subjective. Also, for me, this Seven is way more of a caricuture than Janeway, especially when seen next to real photos.

As I said, Janeway was bad enough to put me off collecting Voyager, which I'm okay with, but it's still cool to see this line tackled.

I was on the fence for a long time about Seven because I think the body and suit are incredible, but seeing these in-hand images, I'm glad I passed.

To my eye, more love and attention have been lavished on Kirk and Spock, which I'm happy about. I'm confident TWOK & new TOS are going hit my bank account hard. I'm also looking foward to Disco Doc.

I opened mine last night and was kinda disappointed. Spent a few minutes looking it over, testing the articulation, then put it back in the box until I decide if I want to keep her or not. My main problem is the head. The hair is atrocious, just some very “globby” sculpting detail—fairly or not I couldn’t help but keep thinking of how crisply detailed the hair on the new Mars Toys Joker looks in comparison!

But my main issue is the paint, it’s just very flat akin to Janeway, and I am unreasonably annoyed that her lips weren’t painted fully, especially the upper lip, giving her a permanently pursed lip. I’ve been looking at in-hand photos here and on FB and it seems to be pretty common, though some others also clearly have the fuller lip paint. I had a similar issue with my Sisko, where one side of the goatee wasn’t painted on top of the actual sculpted goatee hair, instead it was a bit off to the side of it. I can forgive the more flat paint jobs some of these EXO-6 figures have but sloppy paint work really irritates me for some reason.

I dunno, I really loved both TMP Spock and Kirk, so was expecting a bit more quality with this sculpt as well.

Yeah, see I quite like the face paint work on mine but it’s the underlying sculpt that I have issue with.

But I agree the hair is playmates level of awful. EXO-6 really need to improve that area of their figures.

Yeah, see I quite like the face paint work on mine but it’s the underlying sculpt that I have issue with.

But I agree the hair is playmates level of awful. EXO-6 really need to improve that area of their figures.
One of the things I’ve learned (learnt?) is that the paint quality can vary wildly with this company from figure to figure. I almost feel like it’s a paint job lottery with what you get. I’ve had three different FC Picard sculpts and two different EMH sculpts in hand, and they all look vastly different from each other even down to the base skin tone. Whereas if you saw 3-4 of the same Hot Toys sculpt the differences are almost imperceptible.

A lot of mixed reactions on this one and they spent a lot of time on this release. She looks decent in the pictures that davejames posted but I agree with the criticisms. Still an improvement over Janeway which is terrible.

I hope they up their game for TOS and TNG.

Looking forward to seeing some mods on the paint app from some of the posters here.

I don’t find Janeway terrible but agree that she is one of the weaker efforts to date. The paint apps just aren’t that great and look more doll-like.

Back