EXO-6 Star Trek "Voyager" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is 7 tho? The teaser image had her at winter 2021
Nanijn mentioned that he needed more time for it. Sometimes you have a schedule but because of all sorts of things, maybe covid related maybe not (figure needed a new body if I'm not mistaken) the schedule gets pushed farther away. You wouldn't want a rushed figure. Also as I understand it Nanjin, reserved production spots and works on multiple figures at the same time. So whichever figure is ready first gets a production spot (Mirror Spock, Q) then the rest are rescheduled. Exo-6 still has the quickest turnaround in the industry.

Yup, the only character that VOY fully developed was EMH, maybe a little bit of Seven. I didn't have much enthusiastic about Seven until PCD Seven showed up. I love Seven now. ST Picard gave Seven a soul.

The above means PCD Seven is almost a sure thing 🥰
There were several character developments in Voyager besides EMH. Tom Paris, B'elanna, Neelix, Chakotay and yeah Seven. Maybe they weren't as much as EMH but they all went through some significant changes from season 1-7.

Nanijn mentioned that he needed more time for it. Sometimes you have a schedule but because of all sorts of things, maybe covid related maybe not (figure needed a new body if I'm not mistaken) the schedule gets pushed farther away. You wouldn't want a rushed figure. Also as I understand it Nanjin, reserved production spots and works on multiple figures at the same time. So whichever figure is ready first gets a production spot (Mirror Spock, Q) then the rest are rescheduled. Exo-6 still has the quickest turnaround in the industry.
Body. No one willing to make the internal metal skeleton for us because of our micro quantity. We are making less than 1% of the normal quantities that others producers have been making 🤣

We found one toward end of 2021. We are on track now. Finalizing proto but again, because our quantity, friends might have some difficult decision to make.

Again, I have no choice. Maximizing Profit will kill us....

Yup, the only character that VOY fully developed was EMH, maybe a little bit of Seven. I didn't have much enthusiastic about Seven until PCD Seven showed up. I love Seven now. ST Picard gave Seven a soul.

The above means PCD Seven is almost a sure thing 🥰
I have to disagree with you there. B'elanna Torres and Tuvok had excellent stories in character study.

And, for me at least, Picard RUINED Seven of Nine. They changed her character completely to make her a tough, alcohol-swilling biker chick type. Seven was much more than that in Voyager... and she couldn't hold her liquor. And then there's the fact that she clearly had an interest in men, going back to her romance with Axum back in Unimatrix Zero. Now she's... umm.. interested in... Raffi? Hard pass for me on any product from Star Trek: Picard. It is a dreary show filled with miserable characters.

I have to disagree with you there. B'elanna Torres and Tuvok had excellent stories in character study.

And, for me at least, Picard RUINED Seven of Nine. They changed her character completely to make her a tough, alcohol-swilling biker chick type. Seven was much more than that in Voyager... and she couldn't hold her liquor. And then there's the fact that she clearly had an interest in men, going back to her romance with Axum back in Unimatrix Zero. Now she's... umm.. interested in... Raffi? Hard pass for me on any product from Star Trek: Picard. It is a dreary show filled with miserable characters.
I like Picard Seven. Seven was a 10 years old or a teenager with all kind of hopes from fantazing the ideal Starfleet. PCD showed the tragic side of Seven. The part she had to kill the boy who made her dropped the first tear gave Seven a soul.

If PCD is the same Seven as we knew, then the character never matured, a Trek Red Riding Hood, or Alice in WonderFleet.

PCD Seven reminded me when I first came out from college with all kinds of wishful thinking of helping the society and those who were in needed with a Government funded non profit organization. I ended up taking bribes, taking everything the poor had so we could kicked them out on to the streets.

Seven is a reflection.

I like Picard Seven. Seven was a 10 years old or a teenager with all kind of hopes from fantazing the ideal Starfleet. PCD showed the tragic side of Seven. The part she had to kill the boy who made her dropped the first tear gave Seven a soul.

If PCD is the same Seven as we knew, then the character never matured, a Trek Red Riding Hood, or Alice in WonderFleet.

PCD Seven reminded me when I first came out from college with all kinds of wishful thinking of helping the society and those who were in needed with a Government funded non profit organization. I ended up taking bribes, taking everything the poor had so we could kicked them out on to the streets.

Seven is a reflection.
We must have watched different shows. In Voyager Seven learns from her StarFleet comrades that taking revenge... taking a life... is not the only not the StarFleet way but it's also not what humanity has evolved to. When Seven takes revenge in Picard and kills Icheb's killer she just becomes another revenge-fueled cliche. The writer's threw out what she learned on Voyager just to make her harder-edged. I'm all for character growth but not at the expense of what made the character a positive individual embracing the human spirit.

I wasn't a huge fan of ST Picard, but really loved this edgier vigilante Seven and thought they did a good job explaining how she became that way. And rewatching VOY she always had this underlying anger and edge to her, so it's not hard to imagine some incident like the brutal murder of Icheb setting her off.

There are other aspects of the character that also changed with no explanation. I get that time has passed but it re-introducing a legacy character that is nothing like the audience remembers isn't, in my opinion, a way to build on nostalgia and remind us of why we liked them in the first place.

There are other aspects of the character that also changed with no explanation. I get that time has passed but it re-introducing a legacy character that is nothing like the audience remembers isn't, in my opinion, a way to build on nostalgia and remind us of why we liked them in the first place.

I found everything she did in Picard perfectly within the realm of what we were shown of Seven on Voyager. However I understand that everyone has different views on characters based on what they take away from watching a show or movie.

It’s all alternative timeline anyway from what a number of reports would have you believe, so I don’t treat anything Discovery and Picard related to be canon with any series which came before them.

It’s all alternative timeline anyway from what a number of reports would have you believe, so I don’t treat anything Discovery and Picard related to be canon with any series which came before them.

What reports?

I literally don`t want fav characters to return, because this is what1s usually done to them: everything good in their life is demolished for the sake of creating a DRAMA to fuel the stories.

Look at Khan. He was completely fine at the end of the "Space seed". He had a nice, new planet, and his beloved crew, and a woman he loved. He had a cool job to do - create a new world. Yes is was going to be a hard job, but he was literally made for it, so the future held hope. When they took him into the movies and for the sake of drama, they literally destroyed everything good, and turned him into an evil, bitter man.

Look at Picard. He was fine at the end of TNG. He had a ship to run, and he had a brother to continue family business and family line. When they took him into the movies and for the sake of drama, they killed his brother and his nepfew. Came the next movie and for the sake of drama, they pulled out the most traumatic moment of Picards life, the Borg assimilation. They made him stew in it the whole movie and loose his **** completely. When they decided to bring him back for the series and again DRAMA. Again they`ve pulled out the traumatic theme, and made him live in his family estate, which he hated, which he ran away from, and which reminds him acutely of his loss of the family and his loneliness. They invented some new tragic theme with Romulan refugies, and leaving Star Fleet, in case that wasn`t enought drama.

Same with Riker and Diana. Of course, the dead child is what they deserved after everything, what else?

And of course, Seven. She was fine at the end of Voyager. Had returned home, had friends, a place, and a new romance (which might have led somewhere, or not, doesn`t matter). So when she showed up in STP, it was the same old story. Drama, drama, MORE DRAMA. No matter, if this trancision looks natural, or not. WHY does everything nice have to go to ****???

Why can`t SOMEONE in sequels have a break, IDK...
I guess, drama and bitter vigilante theme sells good.

I
See why I do All Trek simultaneously? Everyone has their own ideal Trek. New Trek audiences are mostly under 30s and unexplored markets, while TNG are mostly under 45, and TOS fans are 50+ heading to retirement with lots of disposable money to spend. KTL has more than 50% female fans in Asia and 70% of them are under 30s.

In my college years marketing, 3 years constitute one generation gap. There's a lot of generation gaps within Trekverse, and history is a burden for anything new.

So, don't worry about Cannon or not cannon. Collect and build your own version of 1/6 Trek cannon collection.

EXO-6 will have the figures that can fit into YOUR cannon Trek.

Sorry but the only thing in an alternate timeline is the JJ Abrams movies. Everything else is just a reimagined or modernized take on the original prime timeline.

Although people are of course free to make up whatever canon in their head that they want. 🙂

What reports?
There’s plenty of info out there where certain Youtube channels, such as Midnight’s Edge, have gone into plenty of detail behind the scenes from unknown sources. While you can’t definitively say anything is 100% concrete there is a lot of sense to be made regarding the whole licensing agreement surrounding Trek. There’s a reason that the Bad Robot Trek onward is different and even some of the recent ST show runners pretty much said it’s its own thing, as they’re all part of the Kelvin timeline. I know there’s a whole thing about Picard not being Kelvin timeline but I can’t consider it as part of the main timeline as most of it makes no sense.

Regarding what Nanjin has said in response, that’s absolutely fine. This isn’t my Trek, I find it all nonsense, but it is someone else’s and it is still Star Trek under banner however you feel.

There’s plenty of info out there where certain Youtube channels, such as Midnight’s Edge, have gone into plenty of detail behind the scenes from unknown sources. While you can’t definitively say anything is 100% concrete there is a lot of sense to be made regarding the whole licensing agreement surrounding Trek. There’s a reason that the Bad Robot Trek onward is different and even some of the recent ST show runners pretty much said it’s its own thing, as they’re all part of the Kelvin timeline. I know there’s a whole thing about Picard not being Kelvin timeline but I can’t consider it as part of the main timeline as most of it makes no sense.

Regarding what Nanjin has said in response, that’s absolutely fine. This isn’t my Trek, I find it all nonsense, but it is someone else’s and it is still Star Trek under banner however you feel.

So nothing official, and all conjecture.

You Tube is the worst resource out there. I don't trust anything anyone says on there.

Sorry but the only thing in an alternate timeline is the JJ Abrams movies. Everything else is just a reimagined or modernized take on the original prime timeline.

Although people are of course free to make up whatever canon in their head that they want. 🙂
My understanding was that because Viacom and Paramount were separate entities at the time of production there were some legal issues pertaining to the ownership and licensing of the Star Trek franchise pre 2009, which is where the "25% different" line that gets mentioned comes into play. And while they haven't directly stated that new Trek takes place in an alternate timeline/dimension, there are enough cosmetic differences where one could assume that to be the case.

My understanding was that because Viacom and Paramount were separate entities at the time of production there were some legal issues pertaining to the ownership and licensing of the Star Trek franchise pre 2009, which is where the "25% different" line that gets mentioned comes into play. And while they haven't directly stated that new Trek takes place in an alternate timeline/dimension, there are enough cosmetic differences where one could assume that to be the case.
They were separate entities when Discovery came out in 2017. When Picard came out they were already merged for a year. Not that it matter since everyone makes their own head canon now a days anyways. I just keep it simple and accept it all as canon and same universe unless stated otherwise like in the JJ movies.

Poor Voyager thread. It got dragged through the new Trek mud...

On another note, I'm here looking at my Janeway enjoying her morning cup of joe and the EMH trying to inject her with a hypo-spray. :wink1:

I love these figures and can't wait to continue adding to the collection.

Back