EXO-6 Star Trek "Voyager" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is 1st round proto and was done by a new paintup tryout artist.

This is not the production EMH. The actual one has slightly more animated expression.

I didn't push too far with animated expression since I am not there at the production. The risk was too high for easily destroying a good head sculpt if the paint up production skills weren't there.
View attachment 542014

Yikes....thx Nanjin...keep working at it.....

Its a good start but: nasial labial fold needs to be more pronounced...top of the head reduced a few millimetres and mid line forehead expression lines needed.

Yeah that's the one drawback of having such a fast production process-- it doesn't allow time for any feedback from collectors if a sculpt seems too far off, as by that point many hundreds of heads have probably already been made and painted up.

Of course Nanjin did warn us that it was early proto, so we can only hope the final version will be much improved. And the likeness did seem stronger in that other image he posted on FB earlier:

FB_IMG_1634590026351.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah that's the one drawback of having such a fast production process-- it doesn't allow time for any feedback from collectors if a sculpt seems too far off, as by that point many hundreds of heads have probably already been made and painted up.

Of course Nanjin did warn us that it was early proto, so we can only hope the final version will be much improved. And the likeness did seem stronger in that other image he posted on FB earlier:

View attachment 542366
Is not going to work for Trek unless there's a big company behind to pay daily overhead. More or less will end up like the previous company, sell a few thousands figures for a year or 2 then give up.

Is not going to work for Trek unless there's a big company behind to pay daily overhead. More or less will end up like the previous company, sell a few thousands figures for a year or 2 then give up.
Please, dont worry. Really. People faces are tricky. Look at how many Tony Stark sculpts Hot Toys had to create over the years, before they managed to make something nice. And that nice, hard-won sculpt is STILL not perfect, and not 100% Robert Downey. Nanjin, we do not expect you to hit the 100% likeness with every sculpt you present. Do the best you can. We will be happy with it. Do another one, if you ever feel you can, or need to.

I mean, HOLY PANTS! This is EMH 1/6 figure! So many characters out where dont have 1/6 figures! Any figures! At all! And he is going to! This makes me so happy!!

Please, dont worry. Really. People faces are tricky. Look at how many Tony Stark sculpts Hot Toys had to create over the years, before they managed to make something nice. And that nice, hard-won sculpt is STILL not perfect, and not 100% Robert Downey. Nanjin, we do not expect you to hit the 100% likeness with every sculpt you present. Do the best you can. We will be happy with it. Do another one, if you ever feel you can, or need to.

I mean, HOLY PANTS! This is EMH 1/6 figure! So many characters out where dont have 1/6 figures! Any figures! At all! And he is going to! This makes me so happy!!
With the high 1/6 production cost, and slim profit margin, I have already over budget on a number of figures. They aren't the highest demand characters and surely not going to make the numbers needed to consider as Profitable. characters. Plus these low demand characters will affect the overall imagine of the product line.

Low demand or supporting characters can inflict the same amount of damages, same amount of difficulties, same amount of needed resources but low in margin and low in volume. Who wants to do this and create trouble for the entire productline or the entire company? Me.

Anyone getting in to low demand characters with the same amount of development resources will surely bring down a company. We have seen this happened often in 1/6 operation started by “fanboy.”

Nevertheless, I will do what's needed, and allow the market to determine their survival.

I am in tons of risks that all the big boys tried to avoid (they don't even want to look into this. That's why no one wants do this license.)

BTW, Janeway is ready to ship next week. I made another historic production.

Produced Thousands of figures in 3.5 months. Janeway should be good but surely not as good as those new releases which HT debuted recently (BW, Lady Loki). I am being realistic. No going to brag about something when we are not.

We will see. The early birds ordered Janeway will have her in less than 3 weeks.

Last edited:
You are doing an amazing, admirable thing. Seeing this done, 1/6 Trek brought to life.. gives me hope and so much joy in these scary, uncertain times. Thank you!

Yeah I know I can be a bit nitpicky at times, but I'm still incredibly grateful that these figures are being made at all. And I really wish there was a bigger market out there for 1/6 Trek, so Nanjin wouldn't have to take such a massive risk with producing them.

Yeah I know I can be a bit nitpicky at times, but I'm still incredibly grateful that these figures are being made at all. And I really wish there was a bigger market out there for 1/6 Trek, so Nanjin wouldn't have to take such a massive risk with producing them.
My suggestion, don't buy the one you think is no good. This is the idea all along. Preference is subjective.

Non of my production can be perfect. Zero, none, absolutely no perfect figures that everyone will like. A fact that all of us has to accept.

Once the character is in production, I wouldn't recall. Redoing basing on feedbacks is the first step to fail this 1/6 Trek. This ideal condition doesn't exist in 1/6 Trek. If it happens, then be ready to see zero 1/6 Trek within 12 months.

This is the risk I know I have to take, and no way around it. So hope I don't screw up.

I've not yet come across any 1/6th company getting every likeness bob on, including HT. Even on the great looking figures, the likeness is open to each person's viewpoint.

Except Bowie by KA Kim. Most of her sculpts are dead on.
He did the sculpt as a Piece (visioning, sculpting and painting as one unify work). We do this as a process by different people without tova'dok. A product and a piece are totally different thing.

Then production has to duplicate this one and only one “piece of art work” in this universe that cost up to thousands dollars with few dollars per hours pay painters who don't know how to paint one complete head 🤣

Google “tova'dok”

While it's nice to have, I don't really need my figures to have that level of perfect realism. As long as the basic likeness is strong and it's immediately recognizable as the actor (like we see with the upcoming Janeway) then that's more than good enough for me.

Nanjin--very happy to hear the Janeway release is imminent!

Just got my Data today from TimeW (huge shout out to Steve!) He is an amazing figure--a true stand-out in quality and likeness.

Nanjin-- my feed about the good Dr. a few pages prior was intended to be constructive. I think I want what you want (but what I could NEVER deliver)...perfect Trek!

Except Bowie by KA Kim. Most of her sculpts are dead on.
View attachment 542496
Her sculpts are delicate, but a lot of them are far from "dead on". Take her Captain America sculpts for Hot Toys for example. To me, the likeness is very slim. Thats the point actually. No sculptor hits the likeness every time. Even the best.

Nanjin uses sculptors that are good at many different heads. HT goes for marquee value, without checking if their marquee artist is actually good at doing the person they're hired to do. They say "Who do we know that's good!?", they should say "Who do we know that's good at..."

One artist may be the best in the world at sculpting Bruce Lee, but, if you hire them to do Harrison Ford, are you going to get an excellent Ford!? Nope, you need jacks of all trades who, with the right reference, can turn their hand to just about anyone. Nanjin has that. In a way, this is where digital sculpting over traditional can come in. If someone says "Change this..", they can go to their original work and make that change at the touch of a mouse or Wacom. A traditional sculptor will probably have to start a complete new head, thus adding to the time they spend.

We just have to have faith.....

Back