EXO-6 Star Trek "Voyager" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey for those that have received their Seven of Nine, can you confirm that the stitch on her outfit is all like this? She looks almost as if there’s a small hole in her chest
Mine isn't like that. I have a clean seam without any pinching at that spot. It looks worse in the second pic from the way the light shines on the stitch to create more shadow and depth. I wonder if you can pull on it a bit to pop it out and stretch it a little to avoid the bunching of that spot. But careful not to snag the material. Unfortunately, I don't think what you have is normal.

Apologies to side track for a few minutes.

Since that I’m not the only person that would like a possible figure of Seven from Picard S3 (I believe Nanjin is also interested too if I understood correctly), we all know that rooted anything will be a challenge as it will have to be done correctly.

Given that Kruge is in development, what are the odds of getting the rooted loose hair sculpt to exact or close as possible to the source and not create more sour lemons than it should from the beginning?

Exo-6’s customer service is wildly inconsistent. Sometimes it sounds as if it’s coming directly from Nanjin himself and other times they seem a bit more helpful. For instance, they were more accommodating toward me when I presented issues with Sisko, to which they asked I destroy the item before they send a replacement. I couldn’t bring myself to do that and did my own fixes but the point is they were still willing to help and even when I refused insisted that it was defective and should be replaced.

The issue with the 7 of 9 figure is blatantly obvious and I’d have been upset with that too. They should expect this and have additional units prepared in such an event, or they should up their QC game and not simply assume that everyone will turn a blind eye to defects. I don’t care how you justify it, we’re still paying a lot of money here for figures we can only go by from initial prototype images. Exo-6 should not be behaving like this when obvious issues are brought to their attention.

Exo-6’s customer service is wildly inconsistent.
It probably has everything to do with which figure you have an issue with and how much excess stock they have. But, as you said, there should always be additional units prepared for such instances. I just pray I never have a problem with a low-run or sold out figure from them in the future.

Hey for those that have received their Seven of Nine, can you confirm that the stitch on her outfit is all like this? She looks almost as if there’s a small hole in her chest
Mine is pretty close to this as well, literally the first thing I noticed when I cracked open the clamshell was this “hole” in the chest. I’ve had minor issues with almost every EXO-6 figure I’ve bought so far in terms of stuff that was more sloppy craftsmanship than blatant QC flaws, so I knew there was no point trying for a replacement. Their “acceptable variances” has been a pretty wide spectrum in my experience so far.

Last edited:
If it were me, I would be super petty and post the screenshot of that response in all the 1/6 Facebook groups, especially the EXO-6 Collectors group.

Hmm, there's likely too much extra material on the reverse where the seams meet, or the thread got caught and pulled too tight when closing. Sloppy sewing in this case. (Well, in all fairness, knowing the extreme difficulty of sewing something that small to a high standard, mitigates it just a tad. "Sloppy" in this case is a fine line. But that's still a pretty big indent.)

I got lucky with 7 of 9 but not TMP Kirk which came with a snag in the left arm material. I just decided to live with it…but it does severely damper the excitement and anticipation of receiving a figure. EXO 6 really needs to consider making extra stock to cover issues that will naturally occur on the assembly and packaging line.

It is literally one stich that is out of place. Work it out with a good pair of tweezers and some dental picks.
If EXO-6 customers are too ignorant to provide feedback, I would argue we are also too ignorant to be expected to fix stitching.

Another small tease on Nanjin’s FB of Paris. And apparently Chakotay has started shipping. Still waiting on tracking info on my end but still exciting to know it’s on its way.

FB_IMG_1680075322754.jpg

Back