EXO-6 Star Trek "Voyager" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kim: what are they? Salamanders?
Seven: I am unfamiliar with this species.
Tuvok: Analyzing their movement logically, they appear to be engaging in a mating ritual.
B'Elanna: Tom, tell me this is NOT what you were doing with the Captain...
Janeway: Mr. Paris, it looks like we may be about to become grandparents..
::THUD::
Janeway: Tom? Tom?
B'Elanna: :: sigh:: He fainted. :: annoyed:: There he goes ignoring problems again.
5n1p7z.gif
:lol
No support for a post-warp 10, super evolved mutant Tom Paris turned salamander?!
Or for Groot & Nebula...
7wHqHdhDAvGUKVwDz8Wthnu7W9KTxI.jpg
I mean Flotter & Trevis?!:wink1:
A1JsHi3.jpg
At the rate Voyager is getting released, Salamander Paris seems an inevitability.:lol

Although i'd rather Paris as Captain Proton, and Kim as Buster Kincaid . (repurpose the Commando Cody, "Sky Marshal of the Universe” figure if necessary)

Last edited:
I like Threshold. For better or worse, Tom broke Warp 10 forever in canon.
My biggest problem with threshold isn't the salamanders, it's that they never explain why they needed to abandon the tech.

By the end of the episode, Doc can reverse the condition. Not only that but he's the one crewmember that can't be affected, so why not make a bunch of trips and ferry everyone back home.
And to top it all off if you think that's too risky, why can't you go right up to the edge of Warp 10 and get home in a few hours? I'm sure they could have come up with something but the point being, I don't think they even tried.

Anyone who watches live action science fiction for the science and not the fiction is doomed to be disappointed.

My biggest problem with threshold isn't the salamanders, it's that they never explain why they needed to abandon the tech.

By the end of the episode, Doc can reverse the condition. Not only that but he's the one crewmember that can't be affected, so why not make a bunch of trips and ferry everyone back home.
And to top it all off if you think that's too risky, why can't you go right up to the edge of Warp 10 and get home in a few hours? I'm sure they could have come up with something but the point being, I don't think they even tried.
It should have been mentioned more explicitely in dialogue, but it seems pretty clear that while they can achieve the right velocity, because it's infinite they can't choose where to drop down to normal speeds.

Hence why Paris on both flights ended up pretty close to where he started.

It should have been mentioned more explicitely in dialogue, but it seems pretty clear that while they can achieve the right velocity, because it's infinite they can't choose where to drop down to normal speeds.

Hence why Paris on both flights ended up pretty close to where he started.
Even before he hits warp ten he outruns Voyager very quickly. You'd think they'd keep exploring the tech as even adding point zero one to their top speed would shave years off their trip.

As happens so often across all Trek, the writers just wanted the experiment as an excuse to tell their excellent salamander story. ;)

Well it took some work (including having to sculpt most of her missing right ear), but I finally finished modding my Janeway with her more iconic hairbun. Of course the one drawback is there's now a much more unsightly neck seam. And I didn't really feel like repainting another sculpt, so tried to make the hair swappable with my original head, which means there's a pretty sharp and obvious hairline there. Guess I should have just fully committed and blended it in with the head. But oh well, I'm still pretty happy with how it turned out. :)

20221225_175650 (3).jpg

20221225_180753 (2).jpg

20221225_180616 (2).jpg

20221225_184044 (2).jpg

20221225_184327 (2).jpg

That is great work! I do like the wispy hair paint-ons to help disguise the "helmet" line. The fact that you modded it and made it interchangeable is outstanding.

Really exceptional work @davejames, I wasn’t a fan of the Janeway release but your mods have really brought out the full potential of the figure. This hairstyle looks way better on the sculpt.

I think Janeway and Archer are both figures being hindered by the personal preferences of their actors and needing their likeness approval. I am sorry that Bakula and Mulgrew didn’t like those hairstyles, but the characters aren’t them. This is a great go at getting what is her more iconic hairstyle for the character.

Well it took some work (including having to sculpt most of her missing right ear), but I finally finished modding my Janeway with her more iconic hairbun. Of course the one drawback is there's now a much more unsightly neck seam. And I didn't really feel like repainting another sculpt, so tried to make the hair swappable with my original head, which means there's a pretty sharp and obvious hairline there. Guess I should have just fully committed and blended it in with the head. But oh well, I'm still pretty happy with how it turned out. :)

View attachment 614849

View attachment 614851

View attachment 614852

View attachment 614853

View attachment 614854
VERY well done!

I think Janeway and Archer are both figures being hindered by the personal preferences of their actors and needing their likeness approval. I am sorry that Bakula and Mulgrew didn’t like those hairstyles, but the characters aren’t them. This is a great go at getting what is her more iconic hairstyle for the character.
Agreed, definitely liked the previously teased Archer sculpt but given the circumstances the prototype looked “good enough” for me to pull the trigger on the PO. If the end product comes out looking like the below, I don’t think many people will be disappointed with that spot on likeness even with the different hairstyle.

1672164240217.jpeg

Agreed, definitely liked the previously teased Archer sculpt but given the circumstances the prototype looked “good enough” for me to pull the trigger on the PO. If the end product comes out looking like the below, I don’t think many people will be disappointed with that spot on likeness even with the different hairstyle.

View attachment 614994

I have made my peace with it. I have this thing with the more I look at a figure, the more I like it. On first glance, I did not like Janeway very much either. Nor the (in)famous Big Chief Studios Rose...

But I have come to genuinely like both over time and I don't see why it should be anything different with Archer. Just wish he was here already! So many adventures await him!

Back