EXO-6 Star Trek "TOS" Figures (The Original Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but for the different uniform variations like the Menagerie figures that were shown, will those have different head sculpts from other versions of the same character? Like will the Menagerie Spock have a different sculpt than the regular uniform Spock? I know personally I would be more tempted to double-dip on a character if the sculpts were unique to each specific version. Just curious!

If the bridges are going to be released I wonder if it will be a whole jazz inc style bridge or in sections like this.
il_794xN.3630349039_t0f1.jpg

I'm guessing this is the expression they're going for with that Cage Spock, but not sure it really works well here. Also feels like the eyebrows might be a little too big and bushy, and too angled upward.

The blue collar also looks too stiff and TWOK-like compared to what we see here.

(Sorry, I'm just feeling extra nitpicky this morning. 😁)

Spock-Pilot-the-cage-1964.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think is a good idea to this. No more from this point forward. Sharing something that we are working on and all we have is this is bad that is bad this is the worst.

Thank you.

I won't show anything from this point forward.

I want to show hope. Prototypes prototypes, and all I hear are discouragement.

I saw my entire production humble support and all I see is we are bad.

Thank you.

Thank you.
In the words of Ricky Nelson... "you can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself." Some of us see what you are doing and are happy for the opportunity to do so. It's sad that all some people want to do is criticize and find fault. All I see is an opportunity to have something that was once considered impossible. Don't let the naysayers get to you, Nanjin (I know - it's hard to ignore) - Many of us understand that this is a fascinating glimpse into a process and I for one have not been disappointed by the final product so far, and certainly don't expect to be at any time in the future!!

Thank you.
Sorry about that Nanjin. I wasn't trying to tear down all your hard work here. Just thought it might be helpful for you to get some feedback and an honest opinion about some of these figures and how they might be improved. Plus being super nitpicky about everything is just what us Trek fans and 1/6 collectors like to do. I didn't mean to offend. 🙁

Thank you.
When I make a remark about an improvement point I mean no disrespect. If I make a remark, I do so because I care about the figure and I want to see Exo-6 succeed its 5 year mission. I have purchased every single Exo-6 figure and the FC captains chair and I will continue to do so.

I also appreciate everything that is shared here or on Facebook. The whole interaction with the maker is new for us. Hot toys for instance has 0 interaction with its clients. I think a few of us are used too much to the way Hot toys works, once they show a prototype there is no guarantee that the finished product will be any better. Here is the learning curve for us customers regarding EXO-6. Up until now every final product has been far superior to the prototype and this is absolutely amazing. Keep up the good work and know that we all care!

Nanjin, please understand that feedback is a "good" thing. It may be that someone or several people will point out a little detail that may somehow help improve the prototype. It is meant as constructive discussion. In no way did I see anything as negatively criticizing or disparaging the figure(s).

Please understand that this is a forum dedicated to "collectors" and discussion usually revolves about things that are liked and things that are not liked on a particular figure or statue. I understand that you are very close to these products and particularly to those that are involved in its manufacture but you can't take these types of suggestions personally.

Your final products so far have proven to be "home-runs". Perhaps as huge fans of the license, we may want those home-runs to be "grand slams" in every case. :rock

Thank you.
Nooo!!! We love having you share. I for one am super excited to see what’s coming and I think the vast majority of us are. So far every figure I have received from EXO has exceeded my expectations and I do not expect that to change any time soon. That being said I think I see nitpicking and OCD comments made in every thread about every figure on this site so I would try not to take the comments too hard. I do not think a figure exists that hasn’t been criticized. I know that is hard to not take it personally when this is your creation made by you and people you care about but I do not think anyone here is purposely trying to bash EXO or the team.

I'm guessing this is the expression they're going for with that Cage Spock, but not sure it really works well here. Also feels like the eyebrows might be a little too big and bushy, and too angled upward.

The blue collar also looks too stiff and TWOK-like compared to what we see here.

(Sorry, I'm just feeling extra nitpicky this morning. 😁)

View attachment 574695
It’s funny.. I was digging that sculpt and the whole Cage/Menagerie line until I saw this picture.

Nooo!!! We love having you share. I for one am super excited to see what’s coming and I think the vast majority of us are. So far every figure I have received from EXO has exceeded my expectations and I do not expect that to change any time soon. That being said I think I see nitpicking and OCD comments made in every thread about every figure on this site so I would try not to take the comments too hard. I do not think a figure exists that hasn’t been criticized. I know that is hard to not take it personally when this is your creation made by you and people you care about but I do not think anyone here is purposely trying to bash EXO or the team.
Yeah it's definitely easy to get carried away with the nitpicking on here, especially when a company drops so many new figures at once like this and there's so much to analyze and talk about. But of course I realize these are all prototypes and much is likely to change (I was grateful to hear for instance that he'll be switching Georgiou to sculpted hair instead of rooted).

Back