EXO-6 Star Trek "The Next Generation" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$245.00! Why do people keep ordering from them???
It’s less than that actually. With them it works out where after you’re a member they give you either 5% off for payment plan orders or 10% off full payment orders. Once in a while they even go up to 15% off on full payments.

I did a payment plan and am paying essentially the same price (total came to like $230 and change). Also keep in mind that I ordered Janeway with them and was one of the early ones to get her while others are still waiting.

Man, I want Q––and I absolutely respect and admire what Nanjin is doing here––BUT, I feel I'd get so much more joy out of Q in a Starfleet uniform on my shelf, annoying everyone. Haha.

Pre-ordered through EXO-6. EXO-6 needs some kind of subscription club. I’m basically ordering everything with no questions asked at this point.

Pre-ordered through EXO-6. EXO-6 needs some kind of subscription club. I’m basically ordering everything with no questions asked at this point.
Honestly I kind of agree actually. I’m not sure how they would implement that, but it would be kind of an interesting idea. Maybe use it to gauge interest for more obscure characters. Possibly offer some exclusives or something.

It could turn into an accountants nightmare, though. People getting automatically billed and then griping that they weren't expecting the charge and demanding refunds. Not worth the headache for EXO-6.

Yeah we're not talking about a subscription service for a magazine here. These are $200 figures, so I'd still want to evaluate each one first before deciding whether to preorder or not.

Maybe not a subscription club per se. I don’t know something where we could know what’s coming in advance and maybe an option to opt in or out, but not be charged until we choose an option.

But that's pretty much where we are now. Pre-ordering or not pre-ordering after seeing teases and then the full announcement. But I do understand where you're coming from. I also would hate to miss out on a limited release because I was not able to catch the announcement in time.

I’ve always said with as fast as EXO-6 is moving it would at least be nice to have a release schedule. Just for planning purposes. Not sure if that’s possible or not with licensing though since everything has to be approved first.

Yeah I definitely agree there. Maybe not a full schedule but at least a more solid idea of what's coming up in the next month. Because we had various figures hinted for release at the end of 2021 (the Queen, Seven and FC chair) which still haven't gone up for preorder yet, while Mirror Spock and Q dropped almost from out of nowhere.

Of course I'm sure the pandemic and shipping madness is responsible for a lot of that, so I don't want to fault Exo-6 too much. And with the multitude of characters being worked on at once, maybe things were always destined to be a bit crazy and chaotic (Nanjin did warn us several times that it was going to be a bit of a wild ride).

Whatever the case, I'm still thrilled with the releases we're seeing and can't wait for all the cool stuff to come.

I’ve always said with as fast as EXO-6 is moving it would at least be nice to have a release schedule. Just for planning purposes. Not sure if that’s possible or not with licensing though since everything has to be approved first.

I'm sure your're right about licensing/approval, but also keep in mind that Nanjin is bootstrapping a completely new business, and has done so quite impressively. I imagine it's not possible to give a realistic long-term schedule. He does give subtle hints in this forum pretty frequently, though (i suspect to avoid being accused of not keeping his word wheun he's just sharing his thoughts with hard core trek acquaintences).

From what I gather, I suspect we can hope to see most TNG figures throughout this year, and i've budgeted for that, as TNG is my favorite Trek. He's also said focus on your favorite, since he'll be doing other shows at the same time.

Back