EXO-6 Star Trek "The Next Generation" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the other two head sculpts proves that Nanjin has a sense of humor...

Data 3.jpg

I'd want a normal expression, a quizical expression, and I suspect there will be a head with the back hatch open for Geordi to work on.

Ahh so excited about the TNG tease. I guess the good thing about these coming a little bit later is that it gives the EXO-6 team a good chance to improve upon their sculpting / paint skills!

That rendering of Data is pretty much perfect.

Exactly. If they need extra time to hone their skills further, I'd rather it be on Voyager and Enterprise. 😁
Agreed, though Enterprise is already off to a great start so far on their first two releases. Woo hoo!

Really looking forward to this one, the likeness is incredible. The texturing on the face maybe could be toned down a bit.

My guess is Data is going to be a ways off yet. We’re already well into November and still no sign of either TMP figure.

There needs to be more detail in the hair this time. The first one had very little detail, and was the biggest weakness of the figure.

Really looking forward to this one, the likeness is incredible. The texturing on the face maybe could be toned down a bit.
It's always a bit offputting when seeing these strongly textured Zbrush screenshots, but it's worth considering that around 20% (give or take) of the skin texture will be lost by the time it gets to a tooled PVC production head. That means the digital model needs to have more texture to compensate. It's a tricky balance to get right sometimes!

I think this Data looks like he's coming along fantastically so far, and I love that he's very clearly a younger TNG version versus the FC one we already have.

It's always a bit offputting when seeing these strongly textured Zbrush screenshots, but it's worth considering that around 20% (give or take) of the skin texture will be lost by the time it gets to a tooled PVC production head. That means the digital model needs to have more texture to compensate. It's a tricky balance to get right sometimes!

I think this Data looks like he's coming along fantastically so far, and I love that he's very clearly a younger TNG version versus the FC one we already have.
Informative post, appreciate the process explanation!

Thank you for sharing that info- I had no idea. I also thought the texture looked a little high- although the likeness is really amazing.

Back