EXO-6 Star Trek "Mirror, Mirror" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno I can see not making that Mirror Scotty. Aside from the outfit and the sword it’s not that unique like Spock and Sulu or Kirk and Uhura when they come along.

I still can’t get the collar on Spock’s uniform to lay like I want it to. Tried some putty but it didn’t really seem to work. Almost tempted to get some fabric glue and glue it down.

The scarf underneath pushes it out quite a bit too, doesn't it?
I’ve opened the uniform and messed with the scarf a bit and I’m not sure if that’s the issue. It seems like the way the uniform is with that gold piping it doesn’t like to lay down very well. Too bad it doesn’t have a wire.
Could you take off the uniform and add a couple of small stitches from underneath?
Not quite that talented. :lol

Ma wee Wifey is a wiz at sewing (hand & machine) so I'll share anything I learn when mine arrives. I would have thought a couple of tack stitches should suffice.

A weak starch solution could also work (although I obviously can't see exactly what your challenge is).

Ma wee Wifey is a wiz at sewing (hand & machine) so I'll share anything I learn when mine arrives. I would have thought a couple of tack stitches should suffice.

A weak starch solution could also work (although I obviously can't see exactly what your challenge is).

Yeah, I just don’t like the idea of stitching something. Too small of an item for me to work with and I’d worry about messing it up.

From the front the collar looks okay.. it’s more the side view where it doesn’t look quite right. Maybe I’m just being picky about it.

image.jpg
image.jpg

I've been doing some modding to mine and find the look of the tunic improves quite a bit if it's pulled down as much as possible. I actually sewed it to the pants to keep them down but maybe some double sided tape would work too?

Yeah, I just don’t like the idea of stitching something. Too small of an item for me to work with and I’d worry about messing it up.

From the front the collar looks okay.. it’s more the side view where it doesn’t look quite right. Maybe I’m just being picky about it.

Right - I see now.

Stitches from underneath wouldn't be seen, but it looks like starch would work. Apply on the area that would be under the fold, use some sort of loose clip (or surface tape that can be removed afterwards) while it dries, then Bob's your Uncle!

However - if Nanjin spots this, he'll likely have some good advice (and he IS the expert!)

I've been doing some modding to mine and find the look of the tunic improves quite a bit if it's pulled down as much as possible. I actually sewed it to the pants to keep them down but maybe some double sided tape would work too?
Right - I see now.

Stitches from underneath wouldn't be seen, but it looks like starch would work. Apply on the area that would be under the fold, use some sort of loose clip (or surface tape that can be removed afterwards) while it dries, then Bob's your Uncle!

However - if Nanjin spots this, he'll likely have some good advice (and he IS the expert!)

Thanks for the tips. I’ll try to work with it some more tonight after work. Maybe I’ll try some starch and see what that does.

Back