EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WRT this:
Right, and anyone who is actually a member here can see with their own eyes that no one has tried to tell him how to run his company. We just tried to let him know AS HIS CUSTOMER BASE, what we like and what we dislike. Companies routinely PAY for that kind of direct feedback.

Comments like this are quite common:
Only took them 2 years. Any TNG fan could have seen that day 1.

Sorry but we should be preordering Captain Dathon by now not waiting to see TNG Picard.

🤷

Oh get over yourself. Tired of tip toeing around this place. People get offended by someone breathing nowadays 🙄
I'm not offended. Just pointing out that folks often give business advice, since it seems to be overlooked.

Are you saying it's not business advice, or are you saying that you can say what you want, but I can't?

This thread is turning toxic. I'm glad it's being moderated but I'm not posting updates from Facebook anymore. It's the same as Nanjin's Kool Aiders on his page.

This thread is turning toxic. I'm glad it's being moderated but I'm not posting updates from Facebook anymore. It's the same as Nanjin's Kool Aiders on his page.
It's inevitable that people will have different opinions and forums tend to be blind to intent so people are offended by tongue in cheek comments, or by the way people come across when English is a second language.

That said, using terms like Kool Aiders for people who just like the product and have no issues makes it look like you are trying to de-legitimise people with different opinions. That usually has the effect of de-legitimising YOUR opinion in their eyes, which leads to polarised debates and the toxic thread label.

It's possible to be critical without being rude. No product is ever going to be perfect.

It's inevitable that people will have different opinions and forums tend to be blind to intent so people are offended by tongue in cheek comments, or by the way people come across when English is a second language.

That said, using terms like Kool Aiders for people who just like the product and have no issues makes it look like you are trying to de-legitimise people with different opinions. That usually has the effect of de-legitimising YOUR opinion in their eyes, which leads to polarised debates and the toxic thread label.

It's possible to be critical without being rude. No product is ever going to be perfect.

You literally just contributed to the toxic nature of this thread. Come on.

I believe touché would have been a more appropriate response.

Last edited:
Fo•rum: a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Everyone can say what they want. You just like quoting people and pointing out behaviour you don't like apparently.

I come here for information and discourse. If someone says "X never happens here" and it does happen, with some frequency, i'm going to point it out because it's inaccurate. Quotes are fairly useful for this.

You still never specified whether you think declaring your preference of Exo-6 figures release order as though it's obvious fact and the actual release order they've done is clearly wrong is telling Nanjin how to run his business.

Someone replying to a statement you make isn't toxic or attacking you, or some sort of censorship. You can obviously say whatever you want here, i didn't tell you otherwise. Just don't act like I'm the one who's offended when it was clearly you who got upset and stop "exchanging views on a particular issue."

I suspect the decision to start smallish with popular but niche versions of characters followed by the Captain's, starting with the least popular was a very deliberate decision. Starting with the most popular would presumably have led to requiring larger outlays for materials and factory usage with increased cash flow problems if stock didn't sell.

I genuinely think that the frenzy over the TMP figures, which Nanjin thought would be less popular, that has prompted a change of gear.

I suspect the decision to start smallish with popular but niche versions of characters followed by the Captain's, starting with the least popular was a very deliberate decision. Starting with the most popular would presumably have led to requiring larger outlays for materials and factory usage with increased cash flow problems if stock didn't sell.
Yeah i think so, too.

Also i’d have been much less likely to buy FC figures if i already had TNG versions. Not sure i would have dipped into a few VOY & DS9 figures either, if i wasn’t excitedly watching every pre-order while waiting for TNG.

I suspect the decision to start smallish with popular but niche versions of characters followed by the Captain's, starting with the least popular was a very deliberate decision.

While I agree with your overall point, who are we to say which characters are least popular, though? Let us remember that the first pre-order for Janeway sold out in 20 minutes.

I’m thankful that Nanjin did not start off with TOS Kirk and TNG Picard. Would be tragic if he went the way of the McFarlane Toys Star Trek line.

Back