EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've setup with USPS informed delivery emails. They send them daily and tell me what's coming and tracking numbers on packages.
Sooooo… USPS …. tells you what’s coming to your address even if you don’t give them a tracking number ? ——— I didn’t even know until after the package was delivered which carrier would deliver it. I just linked to the SF thing that EXO-6 sent in their confirmation email. I saw out for delivery this morning ( didn’t know who) . On the other hand the service that onesixth Kit used 4Px had a tracking number which then linked to a “label created“ tracking # from USPS

From first pics, Kirk looks good but has a bit of a sour puss smirk quality not sure I'm loving for this era. Also looks just a tad too old. But definitely up there.

Now for the real nit to pick. I don't understand why Nanjin has no extras for replacements. That seems to me a mistake. You always want to have a smallish number at least set aside for QC complaints. Thst's just good customer service 101. Is Nanjin deliberately trying to go in the exact opposite extreme to Qmx and make this line a "best kept secret" with only word of mouth advertising and extreme limited editions to generate FOMO? Had I not been a part of this community, the only way I would know of its.existence would be a random search. Which would bite hard-core as these seem to be so limited. This is the sort of "buy it now or regret it later" formula that makes Sideshow not so much a joy but a chore. And imo is slowly sucking the fun out of collecting in general. When 70-80% of your potential audience is.shut out, imo you're not serving the fans right.

Last edited:
Is it typical in the collecting community to call something a “limited edition” without revealing an actual production number ?

I hear ya…I’m in western NYS. My stuff lands in NYC, than traipses around NJ, OH and PA before it gets to me. That’s a weird USPS thing though. SF gets it out of China really quick.

From first pics, Kirk looks good but has a bit of a sour puss smirk quality not sure I'm loving for this era. Also looks just a tad too old. But definitely up there.

Now for the real nit to pick. I don't understand why Nanjin has no extras for replacements. That seems to me a mistake. You always want to have a smallish number at least set aside for QC complaints. Thst's just good customer service 101. Is Nanjin deliberately trying to go in the exact opposite extreme to Qmx and make this line a "best kept secret" with only word of mouth advertising and extreme limited editions to generate FOMO? Had I not been a part of this community, the only way I would know of its.existence would be a random search. Which would bite hard-core as these seem to be so limited. This is the sort of "buy it now or regret it later" formula that makes Sideshow not so much a joy but a chore. And imo is slowly sucking the fun out of collecting in general. When 70-80% of your potential audience is.shut out, imo you're not serving the fans right.
I think the limited editions are more about just not being able to produce huge runs for every figure, since he's already committed to completing most of the crews, and so some are chosen to be a lot more limited. He probably naturally assumed the TMP figures wouldn't be as popular as TWOK, but of course the second he announced that suddenly everybody wanted one. Lol

Agree though it's strange not to hold over a few extras for QC purposes.

I think the limited editions are more about just not being able to produce huge runs for every figure, since he's already committed to completing most of the crews, and so some are chosen to be a lot more limited. He probably naturally assumed the TMP figures wouldn't be as popular as TWOK, but of course the second he announced that suddenly everybody wanted one. Lol

Agree though it's strange not to hold over a few extras for QC purposes.
There was also the issue that he outsourced the uniforms on these I believe. I think he always thought TMP was the red-headed step-child of TOS movies (at least insofar as the unforms go) which is why he has picked the figures that he has. Kirk had the triple whammy of being the first Exo6 Kirk, the most popular of the TMP uniforms, coming just after a new upgraded 4k release so there was a bit of a feeding frenzy. If TWoK Kirk had come out first, I suspect there would have been solid but not frantic sales for this one. I'm not sure there will be quite as much of a bun fight for say, Nurse Chapel. Shran also sold much more slowly.

Was Shran another non preorder? I didn't pay as much attention since Ent is so low on my interest list. Character wise anyway. Always cool to have an Andorian but imo not essential. The NX-01 is one of my favorite ship designs next to the TOS movie crews though.

He was a preorder I just think Nanjin closed the window, direct to Exo-6 they have pre-orders open for I think around a month depending on the figure.

FOTY!

Sadly looks to be a snag on his left arm...but great looking in hand!
Ooof. Love EXO-6 but their QC really leaves a lot to be desired. I have seven figures now and had issues with four of them (paint rub, frozen joints, random spots of sloppy paint lines or paint globs). I will say the clothing has always been pretty immaculate though.

Last edited:
I haven’t had any truly noticeable issues on my figures yet. A couple things that annoy me as far as tailoring.

Data’s undershirt getting lost under the uniform and not showing much still bothers me. Mirror Spock’s collar not wanting to lay down the greatest (kinda fixed it but it’s still not the best).

Also Janeway’s paint job isn’t the best. If I had the skills I’d touch it up to give it some more details but it looks kinda flat.

What did you do for this, if I might ask?
Someone here gave the tip of using a starch mixture to get it to stay down. I put a little corn starch in with some water, shook it up good, and then put it in a spray bottle. Got the collar area pretty covered and then used some of my fiancée’s hair pins to hold it down and left it set for a couple hours or so.

Final result:
image.jpg

Not perfect still but it looks better than originally.

Who knows :D I can only assume that perhaps main crew DS9 uniforms are easier to produce/less logistics and problem solving?

I also wonder if the only way to crank out the line is by lessoning the qty and pre-order time? This is potentially gonna get scary and I can see that it’ll come down to making sure who you really need in your collection. Can’t say they didn’t warn us.

Back