EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A new pre-order every two weeks is simply amazing but I currently have "5" pre-orders floating out there. If possible, I would like to see a more balanced approach between pre-orders and shipments.

He updated estimated time of release on some stuff last night on the Exo-6 site. 7, Archer, and the E Chair February. Locutus, Chakotay, and Shran in March. That's alot of stuff in two months if he can deliver it. And about every other week.

He updated estimated time of release on some stuff last night on the Exo-6 site. 7, Archer, and the E Chair February. Locutus, Chakotay, and Shran in March. That's alot of stuff in two months if he can deliver it. And about every other week.

Outside of the E chair, there are my five pre-orders. Amazing if he can pull it off. He would make all other 1/6 manufacturers look somewhat incompetent.

Q1 of 2023 will be a hard hit financially! :panic:

Outside of the E chair, there are my five pre-orders. Amazing if he can pull it off. He would make all other 1/6 manufacturers look somewhat incompetent.

And if his plans are even slightly on point I don't think its going to stop this year... assuming we still have a 3 ish month turn around for pre orders to hipping then 2 per month roughly gives us a little breathing room initially but once they start stacking up some of us are in trouble.

And thats not even including the immediate fulfilment figures :eek:

And if his plans are even slightly on point I don't think its going to stop this year... assuming we still have a 3 ish month turn around for pre orders to hipping then 2 per month roughly gives us a little breathing room initially but once they start stacking up some of us are in trouble.

And thats not even including the immediate fulfilment figures :eek:

He did warn us the squeeze was coming.

He did indeed and I think for some of us if the pre orders are consistently every 2 weeks come the summer the second half of the year is likely to be the same with releases.

1675199073983.jpeg

lol, I have 3 of those on PO but I’ve been saving up. Going to have to sell a kidney when TNG starts getting pumped out. :ROFLMAO:

The “on again, off again” saga with Star Trek 4 makes me believe that the franchise is going to be limited to the small screen for the foreseeable future. Jonathan Frakes recently stated that as well, they can’t seem to get things off the ground.
And really, that's fine with me. What would they base the movie on now? There's nothing that seems to fit that bill. You could do a Kelvinverse film, but it feels like (from everything I've heard) they only want to do it to shoehorn Chris Hemsworth into it now that he's a huge star. So no thank you.
Maybe after the series finale of Discovery this year they could do a film series with them, but what could they do on the films they can't do on TV?
That leaves either bringing back old casts for maybe some kind of giant crossover event movie, or a movie with a completely new and different cast. The first option has a lot of nostalgic appeal, but it also feels like a one-and-done thing, not the start of a whole new film series. And while a film series with a whole new crew and ship could be absolutely fantastic, I don't know how it would bring in enough ticket sales to support even one film, let alone a trilogy or longer. THey'd have to market it on a big name star, but outside of Nicolas Cage, who would do it for the comparatively mediocre money a Star Trek film would offer?

Im almost the reverse of you, out of those pre-orders I only have Archer and the E chair on order... whats really odd about that is I don't have the First Contact Picard to go with it :ROFLMAO:
Maybe after the series finale of Discovery this year they could do a film series with them, but what could they do on the films they can't do on TV?
Ive not read anything about season 5 (with the move from Netflix I have only seen clips of season 4) is that official that season 5 will be the series finale?
lol, I have 3 of those on PO but I’ve been saving up. Going to have to sell a kidney when TNG starts getting pumped out. :ROFLMAO:
TNG I think I have concluded is where I pick up the entire (as Nanjin put its) poster cast - I had been considering DS9 but that could get out of control so I'm concentrating on a collection of Captains with potentially 1 or 2 crew members to keep them company and I think some of my choice may differ from most.

Example being I have Janeway and the logical choices for accompanying figures would be a combination of Seven, Tuvok and the EMH - I'm thinking about Tom Paris and B'Elanna Torres.

Latest post. Posting here as a FYI on upcoming quantities.

I do take some issue talking about late comers, cause I am one myself. How are you expected to grow the customer base, if you keep this like a secret club? Unless you don't want to? There can be new collectors coming in all the time.

We ended the last chance preorder windows for these figures. All four of them have entered their full production stage just now, including the Ent E Chair. Let's see who will win this race (not pushing speed. Just want to know).

Watch your spending on Wars or the Cape Underwear Heors collections.

We are implementing a very different approach with production quantities this year. If collectors assume we will continue to have long in stock period, then you better think twice.

I, personally, no longer want to produce additional stock to pamper late comers
😅

These 5 productions will be done by 4 different production groups. Chair and Locutus are under replica production jurisdiction.

Last edited:
Latest post. I take some issue talking about late comers, cause I am one myself. How are you expected to grow the customer base, if you keep this like a secret club? Unless you don't want to? There can be new collectors coming in all the time.
It's just Nanjin being Nanjin. He's fond of saying things like "Order now and don't come moaning to me when you miss out and these are then over 1k on ebay" etc and then later he'll open pre-orders again or miraculously find extra stock.

It's just Nanjin being Nanjin. He's fond of saying things like "Order now and don't come moaning to me when you miss out and these are then over 1k on ebay" etc and then later he'll open pre-orders again or miraculously find extra stock.
Eh, the only times he's 'found' extra stock from his word anyway has been when people haven't paid invoices/corrected their shipping info after multiple warnings.

The EMH for example has sold out and hasn't had any extra stock, same with Tuvok.

I’m not here to argue, especially against your eloquent ‘eh’, but I was highlighting one thing Nanjin says as a point/reply to another member. A paraphrased example. However, seeing as you’ve felt the need to step in and single out just one part, you’re wrong. It’s happened several times. Twice with TMP Kirk alone. And you avoided the second part of that particular comment because he has opened preorders again. Or am I wasting my breath because this yet another Nanjin alt account? A shill?

We are implementing a very different approach with production quantities this year. If collectors assume we will continue to have long in stock period, then you better think twice.
I do get the sense that they are sitting on a lot more in-stock figures than they were planning on hence the shift.

He'd be really stupid not to keep a small amount of stock back but likely very limited due to space. You always get customers who say oh, if only I'd known when that came out, oh well, not worth starting collecting these now. Saving some stock keeps a bit of a bounce.

He'd be really stupid not to keep a small amount of stock back but likely very limited due to space. You always get customers who say oh, if only I'd known when that came out, oh well, not worth starting collecting these now. Saving some stock keeps a bit of a bounce.
Yeah, no doubt. As I said, I was only using one example among many pointing out that Nanjin often says something that he later goes back on and to not take it seriously. I think 90% of what he says is for hype and attention. The post I replied to was about late-comers.

Kind of hope I don’t regret passing on Chakotay. The second chance ordering period ended and I’m only finding him on BBTS.

Yeah, no doubt. As I said, I was only using one example among many pointing out that Nanjin often says something that he later goes back on and to not take it seriously. I think 90% of what he says is for hype and attention. The post I replied to was about late-comers.
Yes. We're all really old now. He has to get us riled up and shouting at clouds every so often.

Latest post. Posting here as a FYI on upcoming quantities.

I do take some issue talking about late comers, cause I am one myself. How are you expected to grow the customer base, if you keep this like a secret club? Unless you don't want to? There can be new collectors coming in all the time.
He’s not going to win the salesman of the year award but I suspect it’s more so because of excess inventory/slow moving product, holding inventory costs money.

e.g. Burnham was touted (I believe) as being a lower quantity run and she’s still available for immediate purchase.

I’m not here to argue, especially against your eloquent ‘eh’, but I was highlighting one thing Nanjin says as a point/reply to another member. A paraphrased example. However, seeing as you’ve felt the need to step in and single out just one part, you’re wrong. It’s happened several times. Twice with TMP Kirk alone. And you avoided the second part of that particular comment because he has opened preorders again. Or am I wasting my breath because this yet another Nanjin alt account? A shill?
Is there any reason to immediately jump to 'sock puppet account' 'shill' just because somebody disagrees with you? You know we can have different views and interpretations of what's been said without me secretly being Nanjin behind the screen right?

As said:
"the only times he's 'found' extra stock from his word anyway has been when people haven't paid invoices/corrected their shipping info after multiple warnings."

The re-opened pre-orders were because he had production delays, so was able to open them up for higher quantities to be produced as there was a longer lead time. He explained this too.

Sure, we could assume Nanjin is misleading us in bad faith to make us jump on pre-orders, or we could assume that he's working in good faith and managing to find ways to get more figures in the hands of those that will appreciate them.

I choose to believe the latter, if you want to by cynical that's up to you.

Back