EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I think I'm past the stage where I just want to get every Trek figure I possibly can. With so many important characters still to come (and the economy taking a nosedive) it feels like the right time to be a bit more selective and only get the ones that truly feel "essential" to have. Which means I'll probably be skipping on Chakotay, as nice as he looks.

Last edited:
I'm sticking with "Star Trek" and cutting down on other licenses, such as Star Wars, which has been easy for me, with all of the clones and Kenobi announcements lately.

Any lines from post-"Enterprise" TV show are an easy pass for me, so that helps, as far as funds and display space goes.

I'm sticking with "Star Trek" and cutting down on other licenses, such as Star Wars, which has been easy for me, with all of the clones and Kenobi announcements lately.

Any lines from post-"Enterprise" TV show are an easy pass for me, so that helps, as far as funds and display space goes.

Yeah - don't think I own a single FIGURE collectible from "Star Wars". Do have a couple of Millenium Falcon and X-Wing kits though :)

Of course, if I'd been able to control my obsession with "most things Predator" I could have bought another house by now (which is ironic, as this one is getting a bit full :lol ).

With the frequency of these releasing now and realising that my wallet can’t take it, I’m OK to start planning and missing out on certain series. I think I will ignore Enterprise in its entirety and try to focus on a nice mix of TNG, Voyager and DS9. We’ll see. I dunno how some of you do it :D
I'm focusing on Star Trek: The Original Series and original crew movies only. So far Nanjin has made it pretty easy to keep up with. :LOL:

I’ll be a completionist for the TNG line and possibly ENT. Everything else likely will be select buys aside from something like TMP/TWOK, I’d want the main set on something like that. Hard pass on anything post ENT as well.

TOS and DS9 are the only ones I really need the complete crews for. Much as I love TNG I could easily live without a Crusher, Geordi and Troi.
TNG is arguably a must have line up for both of us us, bar one or two; it’s my wife’s fave and she does love these figures to be fair. She said we could order Chakotay, so I did so through Planet Action Figures on the ol’ finance. I reckon I’ll be done with Voyager soon. Still might try to go for a Tuvok if I can and that would leave is with 5 representing that one.

I think in reality though, DS9 is going to be absolutely killer. I don’t think any other Trek series has had such an ensemble, with just as many interesting supporting characters. I don’t know exactly what Exo can manage here but I see the scope being massive, whereas for the most part I can happily live with select crew members from the other series.

DS9 I think is going to be the one where I get into trouble with wanting everyone. I’m going to be picking up most of the TNG main crew too.

So far from Voyager I only have Janeway, despite being a fan of Robert Picardo’s portrayal of the Doctor and Chakotay looking great I don’t want to tempt myself into trying to complete another crew as it’s going to be expensive enough picking and choosing outside of the Captains.

DS9, TNG, and TOS maroon uniforms are my priorities. It's been slim pickings so far!

I'm old, so TOS is where my heart is. Chakotay is the newest in a growing line of figures the look awesome, but unless I hit the lottery, I'll pass on anything but TOS and TOS movies, especially since Najin has hinted at TOS figures like Ruk et al. Plus the TMP figures. If I go any further past those, I'll end up in divorce court

Collecting 1/6th scale has the uncanny ability to become addictive. I was like that with Marvel and Star Wars figures for the last 8 years, but EXO-6 has refocused my interests lately. The last few preorders I have with Sideshow Collectibles will be my last for the MCU and SW. Star Trek is now my new addiction. Most offerings related to TOS, TNG (and their respective movies), and VOY will be on my new preorder list. Only a select few from ENT, DS9 and SNW will be on my display shelves. After that, I may be refocused again into getting scale starship replicas if EXO-6 wants to go down the road.

After that, I may be refocused again into getting scale starship replicas if EXO-6 wants to go down the road.
I was intrigued when Nanjin dropped that on the forums, a definite interest to say the least. Not sure if I’d have room for all the Enterprises but the Refit and Ent-D would be at the top of my list. It’s nice to see a company treat this franchise with the love it deserves.

I’d love a Nova Class too as a random ship, wicked design.

Last edited:
We still need a detailed Akira class ship. AMT/Round 2 was supposed to make a 1/1400 scale model some years ago and cancelled their plans. The Eaglemoss diecast model(s) is fine, but it's lacking in some areas. The Eaglemoss Saber class and Steamrunner class models have some major problems, so I'd love to see those, too.

We still need a detailed Akira class ship. AMT/Round 2 was supposed to make a 1/1400 scale model some years ago and cancelled their plans. The Eaglemoss diecast model(s) is fine, but it's lacking in some areas. The Eaglemoss Saber class and Steamrunner class models have some major problems, so I'd love to see those, too.
Yeah, I have the XL Akira, Nebula, Nova, and Warbird. I think the Nebula turned out to be the best of the bunch.

Chakotay is the first one where I want him but I’m hesitant to order because I wonder what might be around the corner that I’ll want more. I would take him but he’s not an essential character to me.

Chakotay is the first one where I want him but I’m hesitant to order because I wonder what might be around the corner that I’ll want more. I would take him but he’s not an essential character to me.
If you have the rest of the crew so far, might as well go all in. ;)

I’m thinking about Seven now that she’s back up, I’m just not really clear on which paint app it is as there’s two versions advertised on the promo pictures.

I think at one point he alluded to doing swap out tunics. I’m wondering if there will be multiple options (set accurate, tv screen colors, and maybe deluxe versions of each with swap out tunics).
Yeah, I'm all for multiple shirts per character. That would save us all money and space ;)

I agree

My solution has been top cut back on everything else and pretty just do only Trek from here on.
While I want top have all the crews, I'm able to pass on things like Mirror Spock/Sulu or FC Picard (since I have the QMX one) I dont double dip characters, so for TOS I will get TWOK Kirk. Spock and McCoy but original outfits for everyone else.
Outside of Burnham and Saru, there aren't too many other DIS characters I want. Stamets, Tilly, and Georgiou, and Lorca if he gets made.
I can pass on Mayweather and Sato from ENT too.
It helps that the prices are so relatively low. But it also helps that Hot Toys had basically priced itself out of my range now, as have most other companies.

Back