EXO-6 Star Trek "First Contact" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent news. Hoping to see some cool and strange designs being covered.

TMP Thruster Suits:
stmp4.jpg

TOS cheesy suit:
54b38592b4cb2064d82be855f457fefe.jpg

WoK Ceti Alpha V suit:
CA-5 suit.jpg

Enterprise series EV suit:
E suit.jpg

And even the JJ Abrams parachute suits:
star-trek-2009.jpg

I don’t know if it’s due to the chair releasing soon or something else but all of a sudden I’m feeling a pang of regret not picking up the FC Picard due to wanting to concentrate on picking up the “series” Captains.

Maybe it’s because I know I will have at least 3 Kirk’s (TOS, TMP and TWOK) by the time Exo-6 is done.

First world problems right there 😂

I don’t know if it’s due to the chair releasing soon or something else but all of a sudden I’m feeling a pang of regret not picking up the FC Picard due to wanting to concentrate on picking up the “series” Captains.

Maybe it’s because I know I will have at least 3 Kirk’s (TOS, TMP and TWOK) by the time Exo-6 is done.

First world problems right there 😂
I had a glimmer of hope when Nanjin alluded to a possibility of another production run for FC Picard and Data, but it doesn’t look like it’s in the cards which is a shame.

EXO’s tailoring is beyond compare, and I realize Picard was generally angrier in First Contact, but I have always found the QMX Picard sculpt to be vastly superior… Might just be me.

EXO’s tailoring is beyond compare, and I realize Picard was generally angrier in First Contact, but I have always found the QMX Picard sculpt to be vastly superior… Might just be me.
I’m inclined to agree. The EXO-6 outfit is better but the QMX sculpt is better. If we’re honest as much as I like the EXO-6 figures in general they’re a bit hit or miss in terms of sculpts.

Yeah as much as he would hate to admit it, I think it's almost certainly helpful to him getting feedback when certain sculpts don't seem to be working yet. Whether it's Riker, Dax, or Pike from the Cage. And to his credit, he does often try to make improvements when he can.

Problem I think is there are just SO many figures to pump out, and he can only spend so much time on perfecting any one sculpt.

Yeah as much as he would hate to admit it, I think it's almost certainly helpful to him getting feedback when certain sculpts don't seem to be working yet. Whether it's Riker, Dax, or Pike from the Cage. And to his credit, he does often try to make improvements when he can.

Problem I think is there are just SO many figures to pump out, and he can only spend so much time on perfecting any one sculpt.
As much as QMX and him clashed and they wouldn’t do all that he wanted I feel in some ways they maybe kept him in check somewhat. With EXO-6 he doesn’t need anyone to do that.

Also yeah, trying to do so many figures in a short span means they essentially have to go with what they have and don’t rework sculpts. It also results in some sloppy work (cross eyes on a couple figures now).

Nanjin is also going off about how from this release going forward things are going to speed up. We’ll see. Supposedly all of VOY before the end of summer and a third of the DS9 crew by end of the year.

The figures have been relatively figures affordable. Especially by sixth scale standards.

I do worry however that if things speed up as much as he says it’s going to be really pick and choose even at the “lower” prices.

I’ll probably pay off the chair. Not the release I’m most excited about but it’s still cool.

Yeh I saw that - in a later post he has said
Phase One begins not next but this Tuesday
Someone has asked whether thats an immediate purchase or not - in true Nanjin style he has cryptically said to keep an eye out on emails.

Not long to wait, it just depends whether it will be Tuesday his time or Tuesday EST - thats practically an entire other day :ROFLMAO:

Sigh, it would have been a much easier decision if he had sent the chair invoices a few weeks ago when not much else was going on. But with Archer coming right up behind I'm a lot more hesitant.

I’m waiting to see what tomorrow’s news is before paying off the chair. If something is coming I want more I may just skip the chair. Especially if Archer is charging soon as I for sure am keeping that order.

Was totally surprised when I got home and had a package waiting for me. Turned out it was the chair. I really like it so far. Was not expecting it so I have not had time to take out Picard’s box to switch hands and put away his accessories but here are a few quick crappy phone pics.

1682636894448.jpeg

Back