EXO-6 Star Trek "First Contact" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to take some pics with a "real" camera. First up: Data!

Attachments

• IMG_20211202_141552.png
    IMG_20211202_141552.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 47
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘸𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦! 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘳, 𝘯𝘰 𝘧𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳! 𝘈𝘯𝘥 *𝘐* 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘱𝘢𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺'𝘷𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘦!

Attachments

• IMG_20211202_152625.png
    IMG_20211202_152625.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 54
Sideshow was taking too long so I cancelled my Picard PO and got it from BBTS. Thanks to the guys in this forum, I was able to snag it today.

Finally had a moment to release my newly received "First Contact" Captain Jean Luc Picard figure and he is fantastic. As a matter of fact, it really is amazing how better he looks in person than in photos.

I didn't have a chance to try out the vest look yet, but it I like the regular uniform so much that I don't feel a rush to do so, just yet...

He looks fantastic alongside Data. The touch of red on the cuff and undershirt, compared to Data's golden color is just enough to provide a nice contrast. Picard is a little bit more muscular than Data and just a tad shorter, which I believe is correct to the actors.

Paint apps are well done.

I now have just two EXO-6 figures and can't wait for more! (Capt. Janeway should be shipping out soon, I hope!)

Nanjin has been warning us since the beginning that if you snooze, you lose, as far as obtaining these figures for retail. Now having just a second figure in the collection, I totally understand and once the different lines and crews start beaming in, there is going to be a lot of frustrated collectors turning towards the Harry Mudds on Ebay and paying scalpers' prices on those previously released and high priced earlier figures...

PD 1.jpg

PD 2.jpg

Yeah I just checked out of curiosity, and FC Data is going for around $280-350 now on ebay. And he was only just released, so I can only imagine what that price is gonna be a year from now!

Nanjin has been warning us since the beginning that if you snooze, you lose, as far as obtaining these figures for retail. Now having just a second figure in the collection, I totally understand and once the different lines and crews start beaming in, there is going to be a lot of frustrated collectors turning towards the Harry Mudds on Ebay and paying scalpers' prices on those previously released and high priced earlier figures...
I too think the figures released this year will be going for huge prices in a year or two especially as the line goes on. Completionists coming in late are going to be upset they didn't jump on early.

I think there are many who are not collectors yet and never have heard about these. When my friend posted pictures of her Janeway to Twitter, there were a lot replies asking where she got her from.

So if you have friends who you think may be interested because of the good quality, even though they never showed interest in figures before - tell them. Let them know in advance. I do my best to always retweet the EXO-6 announcements so everyone on my friendslist is aware.

Back