EXO-6 Star Trek "Discovery" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A great review- As expected of MWC. While I don’t have the figure in hand I am ready to argue 4 stars for value, as I would any EXO-6 release. So many of my recent 1/6th figure orders have been above $250, some over $300 from smaller third party companies.

Now, you cover your eyes, Nanjin!
Honestly, if EXO-6 raised their prices to the degree of some other 1/6th companies making Sci-Fi figures, I would definitely still be buying the same figures I’ve currently ordered. They feel so singular- I can’t imagine seeing Voyager figures being made ten years from now- with amazing, careful and dedicated craftsmanship; it’s utterly remarkable to be able to bring these characters home.

MWC was spot on though: it’s a fantastic time to be a Star Trek and 1/6th fan!

A great review- As expected of MWC. While I don’t have the figure in hand I am ready to argue 4 stars for value, as I would any EXO-6 release. So many of my recent 1/6th figure orders have been above $250, some over $300 from smaller third party companies.

Now, you cover your eyes, Nanjin!
Honestly, if EXO-6 raised their prices to the degree of some other 1/6th companies making Sci-Fi figures, I would definitely still be buying the same figures I’ve currently ordered. They feel so singular- I can’t imagine seeing Voyager figures being made ten years from now- with amazing, careful and dedicated craftsmanship; it’s utterly remarkable to be able to bring these characters home.

MWC was spot on though: it’s a fantastic time to be a Star Trek and 1/6th fan!
We are doing cost msrp. Global economy and foreign exchange will affect our final pricing. Others only go up, we go up and down depending on our cost.

Burnham has lots of accessories. Count the hands and look at the detailing of the accessories. Furthermore, inflation is everywhere. I think we did well in pricing under these circumstances.

In front of DSC predecessors, DSC is kind of weak. Classic Trek has over 40 characters vs the 4 from DSC.

Anyway, Burnham ships in July.

We are doing cost msrp. Global economy and foreign exchange will affect our final pricing. Others only go up, we go up and down depending on our cost.

Burnham has lots of accessories. Count the hands and look at the detailing of the accessories. Furthermore, inflation is everywhere. I think we did well in pricing under these circumstances.

In front of DSC predecessors, DSC is kind of weak. Classic Trek has over 40 characters vs the 4 from DSC.

Anyway, Burnham ships in July.
Does this mean no Stamets, Tilly, Book, or Reno?

How is Burham doing compared to the other releases, if you don't mind my asking?
I hope well, as I would like to get Stamets, Tilly, Book, Detmer, Lorca, Nhan & Culber
I am a firm believer of Trek vs Trek. Burnham is surrounded by the Classic Trek. She is doing what I expected, not as good any other previously released figures.

DSC market was never explored. They are prep for 2nd production if the subsequent releases, saru, pike, georgiou do well. However, Burnham can achieve sell out or almost sell out results judging from the current performance.

DSC has a large audiences in Asia. We will start exploding together with KTL and see what happens. It there are markets in Asia, we will do 2nd run of DSC.

While waiting for Burnham to ship, I started rewatching Disco on Paramount+. Finished Ep4 last Friday and went to start Ep5 today… and they have removed all S1 episodes! Qu’vatlh!

How is Burham doing compared to the other releases, if you don't mind my asking?
I hope well, as I would like to get Stamets, Tilly, Book, Detmer, Lorca, Nhan & Culber
As much as I like Tilly and Detmer, if we were only able to get one more DSC figure I'd want it to be Lorca, since he made for such an awesome captain and villain.

Lorca is a MUST…especially since he not only counts as a DISCO figure but is also a Captain. He would allow people who may not be DISCO completionists to complete a Captains display! That would serve two collection niches, DISCO collectors and Captains collectors!

Need a 1/6 Tig Notaro figure.
Not even necessarily Jett Reno, but just Tig Notaro.

If we could have gotten a later seasons Burnham, I would have loved to have Booker to go with her. However with this version of Burnham and Saru, I would really like Stamets and Tilly.

I’m curious, if Discovery does have enough demand to release more characters, how difficult it would be to make Tilly (since she’s a bit more voluptuous). Her rounder figure certainly isn’t common for 1/6th female characters.

The other issue is that huge curly hair of hers. 😁

I only wish there was enough interest that we'd see a Tilly get made, since she's such a ray of sunshine and a key part of the first two seasons. But it seems highly unlikely.

Sylvia_Tilly.jpg

The other issue is that huge curly hair of hers. 😁

I only wish there was enough interest that we'd see a Tilly get made, since she's such a ray of sunshine and a key part of the first two seasons. But it seems highly unlikely.

View attachment 583204
I think I remember Georgiou having rooted hair instead of sculpted and that might change but I imagine a Tilly doll might need real curls instead of sculpted ones.

Burnham is the first figure I'm skipping. 1, because I dislike DSC's uniform style and 2, because it's not the "current" look, and I like the show more now than I did when she had this look.

Saru is probably the only one I'm buying. I found myself missing him when he wasn't in the show for some stretches.

Burnham is a skip for me purely because I'm hoping for her S4 look down the line to go in a Captains display, the current figure is amazing.

Tilly would be a day one preorder for me. And, I expect given the complete lack of that bodystyle in 1/6, EXO could probably release whatever body they manufacture for her on its own as a side hustle and it would make some money. But it also means the production costs for her are higher bc of the body.

Has there been any discussion of releasing Pike as a deluxe hybrid release of Discovery/SNW? He would come with his Discovery jacket, his SNW jacket AND his green wraparound shirt from SNW. Thoughts.

Back