EXO-6 Star Trek "Discovery" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyAndFight

©Fly, All rights reserved
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I figured it was time to create a new thread for the "Discovery" series line of figures.

B0527971-97B0-418F-B5A9-9F9E2921081B.jpeg

They look pretty damn good to me. I'm crossing my fingers for a Lorca and Tilly as well, but I'm guessing Nanjin won't be diving too deep into this line. Unless they happen to sell in the same surprising numbers that Janeway did.

Michael's got a bobble head vibe going on in that shot, very Robot Chicken.

Saru looks great though.

Unfortunately for me though, I can't get one without the other. I will have to really think about these.

I'm definitely in for Saru. Not sure about any others.

Aw, who am I kidding? I'll probably get most/all of them.

I tell you what though; Tilly's hair might be a bear to sculpt! That'll be one bit hunk o'plastic.

Down for these? Are you putting down Nanjins work? How dare you!!!

See, you're not the only one that can read something wrong 🤣🤣🤣

The Kurtzman shows aren't for me personally so I will be passing on the figures....but they do look quite nice. It's nice Nanjin is providing diversity for the fans....

I do appreciate how Nanjin is spreading it all around. While the selfish part of me would like him to focus on my main wants it’s nice seeing all corners of Trek getting some attention. It would have been easy to just do the preconceived heavy hitters from TOS, TNG and the movies. I like that he is taking the road less traveled even if it means I must resist some of these releases and wait longer for TWOK.

This is a complete waste of time and will sell terribly. Don't waste the resources nanji, I promise it won't be a good outcome
Not for fans of the show. I for one will be buying some Discovery characters, as I'm sure others will.
Beyond the TOS & TNG crews, all other Trek series are an unknown quantity in the 1/6th arena. DS9 may fail as a line. Is that a waste of resources? On the other hand Janeway figure proved to be incredibly popular, despite Voyager not initially having the popularity of TOS & TNG.
It's a bit unfair to say a line will fail before even the first figure has been released.

This is a complete waste of time and will sell terribly. Don't waste the resources nanji, I promise it won't be a good outcome
It sounds like he’s contractually locked into it, from what I understand, based on previous posts. I don’t wish to speak for Nanjin as I don’t know anything behind the scenes but let’s just assume that A) He’s doing this for the love of the franchise and wants to give to all fans or B) CBS/Viacom/Paramount - whomever signs off on these - mandate he releases a Discovery line. If it’s the latter, then it’s like filmmakers who will make a film for a studio if it means that they can work on a dream project next time.

I think people easily forget or don’t realise that there are a lot of behind-the-scenes politics with licensing. I’m personally not a fan of Discovery either, so I won’t get these, but I also see it as an opportunity to take a spending break after putting the best part of $800 down on 4 figures. If Discovery does sell well, then Nanjin CAN give fans of classic trek what they want later if the next 4-5 years go smoothly.

I really doubt this is just a "contractual" thing. Anyone who follows Nanjin on FB can see that he actually is (like many of us out there) a fan of the show. And that he's been putting together his own DSC figures right from the start of the series, and probably long before Exo-6 was even a thing.

Last edited:
Back