EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The review by Optibotimus makes the figure look pretty good. I can somewhat see what heā€™s saying about the color of the skin tone, but I donā€™t think it looks bad. Looking forward to getting my figure.

Definitely curious what next week will bring for announcements. Wondering if weā€™ll get pre-orders for the already announced Captainā€™s chair and Borg Queen or perhaps some of the Captainā€™s line figures.

Last edited:
Yeah I gotta say the likeness seems to work a lot better in that review. Although that blue backdrop was completely throwing the colors off so it was kinda hard to judge the skin tone properly.

I think it's back to the whole in-real-life vs. with-hollywood-lighting thing as the uniform colors. Data's makeup was reallly gold - you can see that more in the movies than on the show. But we always think of Data as being almost white...there's gotta be a middle ground to hit. Can't wait to judge for myself :)

The other thing I just noticed is that the eyebrows seem to be the same dark brown as the hair, when they should actually be a lot lighter since the same makeup was applied over them as well. So I'll definitely need to lighten those up on mine.

D_9H1ZdX4AAEi2y.png

Not wanting to play devils advocate or anything, but In First Contact heā€™s eyebrows were quite dark, in compared to how they looked in Nemesis.
E3BFADCB-BE4E-4B3F-A2A7-0901EEC25D00.jpeg

Very nice!
From watching the review my only nitpicks would the that the sculpt of the hair looks a bit rough, not very finely detailed, and there's something odd about the ears...

But the overall likeness and the tailoring of the outfit look great!

I agree the hair could use even finer detailing and there's a visible seam where the sculpt came from the mold, but overall the figure looks amazing.

Great work Nanjin!

Optibotimus had a great review. Gonna move stuff around this week to make room for more Trek.

We know Exo6 is shipping out this week. Any word on online stores like Big bad toy store and sideshow?

_DSC7068.JPG

Optibotimus had a great review. Gonna move stuff around this week to make room for more Trek.

We know Exo6 is shipping out this week. Any word on online stores like Big bad toy store and sidesho
To be honest, discount 5% on whatever positive comments that anyone gave to Data.

People who like Trek and also like 1/6 will subconsciously give extra complements. Everyone does from what I have seen in the last 10 years.

Still, I am happy with Data and the underlying body lives up to my expectation.

There is no Perfect Figure, but there are Valuable Figures. FC Data is one of them. I am commenting as I am not myself but just a 1/6 collector and a common Trek fan.

View attachment 528879

To be honest, discount 5% on whatever positive comments that anyone gave to Data.

People who like Trek and also like 1/6 will subconsciously give extra complements. Everyone does from what I have seen in the last 10 years.

Still, I am happy with Data and the underlying body lives up to my expectation.

There is no Perfect Figure, but there are Valuable Figures. FC Data is one of them. I am commenting as I am not myself but just a 1/6 collector and a common Trek fan.
Hi Nanjin,

I found this thread by by digging and looking to acquire the TOS qmx figures. I did contact qmx last month but they gave me open-ended answers. I'm so glad you have the license and you are continuing with the figures. I was going through the threads and I read that you recommended picking up qmx TOS captains chair to another member if I read that correctly. Will you not be doing exo-6 version?

I'm happy the way Data turned out I can't wait for the rest to arrive. I had Kirk and Spock from the original mego line and have been searching for a definitive replacement.

Thanks Nanjin šŸ––

There are still many 1/6 TOS CChairs out there, and it was well made beside the mistake of not having a power cut off circuit. Nevertheless, it's difficult to add value or functions to a new development; doubt the market will support a new version unless it is extremely attractive.

I received a new email stating that the first shipping email was a mistake by the system and that when the figure does actually ship, tracking will be included. All good, as expected.

There are still many 1/6 TOS CChairs out there, and it was well made beside the mistake of not having a power cut off circuit. Nevertheless, it's difficult to add value or functions to a new development; doubt the market will support a new version unless it is extremely attractive.
Yes many retailers have it, I read you. I'd rather give you my money than qmx though. Nevertheless, I can't wait to see what's come I won't be missing out on these figures this time especially TWOK, the first Trek movie I saw in the cinema. I don't know what I will do when you solicit TUC. It will get out of hand.

Thank you NanjinšŸ––

Canā€™t wait for the announcements! Also for Data to be in hand. So far I am impressed with what I have seen online. Havenā€™t been able to listen to the video with the sound on but the figure looked like it was standing fine on its own.

Data looks fantastic. Nanjin, you have started off your line with a huge bang.

I like that the reviewer displayed him next to the QMX Picard. They look comparable in scale, with Picard slightly shorter.

Can't wait to see Data in-hand. I think I may be selling off other figures in order to fund all of EXO-6's releases. (and provide some much needed display space...)

Part of me kind of regrets that I just decided to buy the QMX figures up last year. Theyā€™re good enough, but now I wonder if Iā€™m going to want to upgrade them.

At least I know that the TOS version of Khan as well as the Captainā€™s chair arenā€™t likely to be made again.

Back